Justin Fargas...

Alphadawg7

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotcha. again im not saying don't believe you I guess I'm just timid from going into too much conversation with athletes. I've had a couple of encounters with some on airplanes before and I just ask if it's them and just tell them I'm a fan of thiers. I don't know if they like to talk much or whatever. but thats pretty cool you talked to him.

I know what you mean, I generally just let them be too, but he started chatting with me. I generally dont talk much to them either for two reasons...one, I used to work in film and television until I recently semi retired to flip real estate, so I dont really get star struck and more or less just see them as regular people. I also know they get approached alot, so I just leave them be most of the time. And two, outside of LA meeting a star or celeb, bumping into them, seeing them on the street is such a big deal, but here, its not that big of deal and happens all the time.

In fact, there are celebs and athletes who live in my area...like Anthony Michael Hall who lives about 5 doors down from me and Phil Jackson lives a couple blocks up the beach...they are just like regular people around here (although you dont see Phil around or outside much).

Since you seem cool about everything, here is another recent run in with an athlete...actually annoyed me as it made me think of Lynch and how stupid young athletes are...

Yesterday I was driving down Sepulveda Blvd. (if you are from LA area, you will know Sepulveda Blvd). I get to a stop light and there is a bad azz silver Ferrari in front of me at the light bumping his stereo...turns out its Andrew Bynum. Light turns green and he floors it...dam car is so fast that it literally peels out shifting from 1st to 2nd still. He had a passenger but I couldnt see them much as his big azz was in the way.

First off, he was driving like a complete azz burning out at each stop light and riding bumpers of cars trying get around them. He even just kept revving his engine at each light. Honestly, I think he just wanted people to see him in his car, but I was like how stupid do you have to be to go peeling out and flying down Sepulveda Blvd mid day. I pulled into my Chiropractors and I literally could here his tricked out exhaust and him peeling out at each light for a while still. Thats how fast he was taking off from each light and how loud his car was.

Ok, I am a huge Lakers fan and actually like Bynum. You can see him all the time at the Bridge Cinema Theatres at the Howard Hughes Center as he is a huge movie guy and is always there. Always seemed cool to me, very friendly there, signs autographs, and even takes pictures with a lot of the kids and stuff. But, this actually pissed me off as it reminded me of how stupid these young athletes are and how fast it can be all taken away. They have been blessed with immense talent and fortune, and they are out running around in a car flying down a busy street in mid day...I mean WTF?

Reminded me of how stupid Lynch has been, Stallworth, Winslow, Jay Williams, etc etc. The worst part, he was terrible at using the clutch and wasnt that good of a driver. I just dont get it...why risk everything...just stupid. Again, still a fan as I am a big Lakers fan and when I have seen him at the theatres he always seemed like a nice guy and the staff there always say the same...but I just dont get some of the stupid decisions and dumb risks some of these guy take for no reason.