Russ Grimm?

add Rick Mueller as GM, Weiss as OC, and a strong Defensive Coordinator - Vic Fangio...I'd like that!!!

Why not call Charlie Casserly to be the GM? He was run out of Houston but looks like he might have been wise to take Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and his work with the Redskins prior was pretty solid too. In terms of D-coordinator that's up in the air but Bob Sanders might be worth looking at as he is part of the current coaching staff and has a history as a D-coordinator and don't think our D is as poor as the stats say. Yet with Grimm's history in Pitt with a 3-4 he might want to bring that here.

Uh, Grimm is an offensive-minded coach.

And FWIW, my favorite assistant in the NFL. If we can't get Shanahan, I would love a package consisting of Grimm and a football czar to run the show.

Hmmm... I did a quick wiki on him & did a look see on the Az Cardinals website. He is definitely offensive material, albeit very run oriented (not that that's a bad thing). Hmmmm.....

Now yer talkin' - my favorite Riggo moment...

Riggins, at a Washington Press Club Dinner in 1985, reportedly told Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, "Come on, Sandy baby, loosen up. You're too tight."

He then passed out on the floor.

Link - This Johnny's On The Spot

He'd be entertaining, that's for sure. One my all-time favorite RB's.

I'm not going to object to any decent head coach hire as long as they hire experienced coordinators.

The Bills need to dump the Mike Martz offense and Tampa 2 defense, personally I'd like to see a OC with a west coast background to revamp the current playbook to modern standards.

But then looking at the Baltimore offense I'd want to hire Cam Cameron away from them and make him OC and assistant head coach, or head coach. I know he is not a WC coach but he certainly knows what he is doing with an offense, unlike the Bills coaches for the last decade.

But then I really can't stand the Tampa 2 defense either, so a disciple of the Steelers 3-4 would be fine by me. Anyone know anything about John Mitchell DL coach and assistant head coach of the Steelers? I'd love to see the Bills run a 3-4 like Pittsburgh :)

Another guy I wouldn't object to is Mike Nolan the Denver DC, that Denver D went from near last in 08 to near best in the NFL this season.

This offense doesn't look like any Mike Martz offense that I've ever seen. He has had very good success as an OC in the NFL. If the Bills are using his "system" then they need a new teacher...

in name only; from what I heard, they didn't want him from day #1 of the search.

He just doesn't strike me as a head coach guy.

Odd, because I recently read the exact opposite. They were all set to hire Grimm, till the NFL called the Rooneys and said they should hire a black coach, since they were the ones that instituted the Rooney rule.