Future QB options

sharper802

Clausen or Pike are the only first round QB's I think are worthy of taking. I would not draft Tebow ever. McCoy, Locker, and Bradford all seem too risky for a first round pick.

Current NFL QB's I think should be considered in no particular order...

Brian Brohm

Dennis Dixon

Kevin Kobb

Matt Hasselbeck

Matt Leinart

Troy Smith

I will cancel my Sunday Ticket and never watch a down of Buffalo Bills football if they sign Vick.

Other thoughts?

Clausen or Pike are the only first round QB's I think are worthy of taking. I would not draft Tebow ever. McCoy, Locker, and Bradford all seem too risky for a first round pick.

Brian Brohm

Dennis Dixon

Kevin Kobb

Matt Hasselbeck

Matt Leinart

Troy Smith

I will cancel my Sunday Ticket and never watch a down of Buffalo Bills football if they sign Vick.

Other thoughts?

We have Brohm.

Dixon, Leinart and Troy Smith???

Are ya kidding me? They are no better than what we have now.

Brian Brohm

Dennis Dixon

Kevin Kobb

Matt Hasselbeck

Matt Leinart

Troy Smith

Other thoughts?

You would never draft Tebow, but think those 6 QB's should be considered? An astute judge of talent. :thumbsup:

Hasselback is aging quickly, and he is too injury-prone. Troy Smith and Dennis Dixon, great college QBs, never will be successful in the NFL. Leinart, haven't seen a spark or a sign in any of his few starts, but those were years ago. Kevin Kolb proved this season in Mcnabb's brief absence that he has loads of potential with 300+ yards in his 2 starts this year (new orleans, kansas city).

I say that we try to get rid of TE, keep Fitz as a 3rd string, sign KEvin Kolb, and have Brohm and Kolb fight for the starting role in the preseason. An alternative is stick with Brohm and draft a QB in round 3/4 to back him up.

Brian Brohm

Dennis Dixon

Kevin Kobb

Matt Hasselbeck

Matt Leinart

Troy Smith

Other thoughts?

I would have no problem with Locker or Mallet from Arkansas if he comes out. I don't know much about Pike and for some reason, I am not high on Clausen. Notre Dame QB's worry me. I know there have been some great ones but there have been tons of overrated ones too.

Colt McCoy and Tony Pike are the only first rounders I like. Tebow masks many of your teams weaknesses but he isnt winning in the playoffs. Bradford is a product of extreme talent in OU's program and Jimmy Cluasen doesn't impress me when the game is on the line. McCoy completes over 70% of his passes over 4 years of starting AND IS THE WINNING COLLEGE QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME! I want him. He is my first round draft pick no matter where I am drafting. If I cannot get him for whatever reason I am taking Tony Pike. He is a guy that is willing to put in the time and effort to be great. He was not a guy that showed up on campus and was given the starting job. He was in danger of losing his roster spot because of other recruits at QB in Cincy. He took that news and worked harder and harder until he was No.2. Then given the opportunity to play he capitalized and never looked back. He broke his left (non-throwing) wrist and played two weeks later last year. This year he rebroke it and went back into the game until the med staff pulled him. That dude is a man and winner and as hard a worker as you'll ever find.