Bogyo Response

Bart

I usually like reading your articles. Your current article lacks facts and comes to an erroneous conclusion. Your statement that the Bills will have to settle for a second tier coach is nonsense. Perhaps you are a Jets or Fish fan writing for the Bills. There is simply no reason to believe that the Bills can not attract a top tier coach. Yes the organization has problems, but it is not unreasonable for a coach to wait to the end of the season especially when he is already under contract. I suggest that you find another calling in life or write for your real team in the future rather that continually posting your garbage for Bills fans to read.

This article was the first i read of his. I didn't like it much.

Everytime i hear the media talk about how hard it would be for the Bills to get a Cowher i laugh. They make it sound like these coaches wanting to coach one year, go to the Superbowl, win it and then retire again. I personally think the Bills is a attractive destination. Ralph is less annoying than Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder. Bills organization is a mess which is a perfect opportunity to mold it in your image. If you got a Cowher or Shanahan there isn't going to be much resistance from people in the organization. Would you say no to Cowher or Shanahan?

I usually like reading your articles. Your current article lacks facts and comes to an erroneous conclusion. Your statement that the Bills will have to settle for a second tier coach is nonsense. Perhaps you are a Jets or Fish fan writing for the Bills. There is simply no reason to believe that the Bills can not attract a top tier coach. Yes the organization has problems, but it is not unreasonable for a coach to wait to the end of the season especially when he is already under contract. I suggest that you find another calling in life or write for your real team in the future rather that continually posting your garbage for Bills fans to read.

I did not read this article, but based on your comments I have to ask a question. When was the last time the Bills hired the top coach (or close to) on the market? What would make you think differently now?

I did not read this article, but based on your comments I have to ask a question. When was the last time the Bills hired the top coach (or close to) on the market? What would make you think differently now?

When was the last time the Bills mentioned, contacted or interviewed a top coach? They're finally trying to get a top notch coach when they didn't even attempt to before, so that's what makes this time around different.

Sticking with very recent history Marshawn's_ blunt, when was the last time Ralph Wilson took stock of his franchise and issued a statement that things will change, top to bottom, and that NO job is safe? Oh, wait, THAT was done just last week!! Maybe someone convinced Mr. Wilson that repeating history is how you are doomed to repeat it.... Uh oh, I typed DOOMED!!

Sticking with very recent history Marshawn's_ blunt, when was the last time Ralph Wilson took stock of his franchise and issued a statement that things will change, top to bottom, and that NO job is safe? Oh, wait, THAT was done just last week!! Maybe someone convinced Mr. Wilson that repeating history is how you are doomed to repeat it.... Uh oh, I typed DOOMED!!

I hope you guys are right. I guess I am a little more pessimistic that in his 90's, Ralph has had a revelation and will truly carry out his plan to clean house. The trend would indicate that we would "talk to" a bunch of top coaches, just like we "talk to" all of the top free agents every year, just to see them go to another team that is a winner, pays more or has warm weather. If I had to put money down, Shannahan, Cowher, Gruden and Holmgren all pass, and the Bills end up with a second tier coach like a Haslett or an "up-and-coming" coordinator. There is no reason to think that one of these top guys will want to come to Buffalo to have to develop another quarterback and build both lines. Usually these guys are looking for a place to go that has these things in place. I hope I am wrong, but when you see a very repeatable trend in an organization, it stays that way for a reason.

Usually these guys are looking for a place to go that has these things in place. I hope I am wrong, but when you see a very repeatable trend in an organization, it stays that way for a reason.

Usually a team that has these things in place don't need a new coach. By definition any team that fires it's coach has problems. Some more than others. Of the teams often mentioned as needing a new coach, we appear to be better off than Cleveland or Kansas City or Washington or Detroit. Maybe not as afar along as Tennessee, Dallas, or Jacksonville. Besides, some of these guys like a challenge and want to take a total dog meat team and make them into SB contenders. You know, like Holmgren did in Seattle and Dungy in Tampa Bay.

As far as I know the last time Ralph hired a top tier coach it was Chuck "Ground Chuck" Knox.