Perry Fewell's press conference

Jerry Jabber

Yes, what the coach says to the sheep on tv really matters

Adam, this may be shocking to you, but none of it matters. It's only a game. Football is entertainment. Some people find some of the ancillary activities away from the field interesting. A coach who is interesting to listen to increases the entertainment value.

But you have to admit it was nice to hear a coach say he was going to chew someone's ear off for their mistake...... Not just it's hard to win in the NFL.............................

And I dont think he mentioned he was going to have to review the tape even once! Honest and forthcoming, a breath of fresh air

But you have to admit it was nice to hear a coach say he was going to chew someone's ear off for their mistake...... Not just it's hard to win in the NFL.............................

Maybe Fewell will actually (here's a novel idea!) hold the players accountable! Every time I heard one of the Bills talk about how much they liked and respected DickBalls Jauron, in the back of my mind I was thinking, "sure, it's cause you can cash your checks week after week and you have a job where nobody is holding you accountable for your performance!" A bit cynical, perhaps, but the product on the field often matched that sentiment.

As much as I hate Jimmy Johnson, he's does things the right way in terms of how he coaches the team. He doesn't treat everyone the same....he doesn't tolerate mistakes....he doesn't tolerate turnovers...he believes in strong defense and a running game...etc. We need someone a bit more authoritative in here, and seeing Fewell light a spark is a huge contrast to the other guy.

:) It's about damn time!

Damn right it is!!

I'm just afraid I'm going to really end up liking this guy and then I'll be upset when we hire a different coach in the offseason lol.

Holding the current players accountable for the bills season, is like holding a newborn baby accountable for pooping his pants, and not using the toilet. It's hard to **** in the pot, when you can't stand on your own 2 feet.

It's all about the culture you create among those you coach/manage. I don't care if we're talking about the frickin water boy. That dude has a job to do, and if he doesn't do it to the standard we've set, then we'll find another water boy. Obviously this season is in the toilet, but that doesn't mean we can't see a transformation in terms of attitude from day 1 of the Fewell regime. I've never understood why people want to coddle pro athletes. Most of us have jobs where we have a clearly defined job description and we're expected to perform to a certain level or risk being replaced by the next guy. Why should it be any different for NFL players? I'm not one to criticize them for being overpaid cause the put their bodies on the line each and every week (e.g. E.Wood). But that doesn't give them an excuse for not knowing their responsibilities on the field, and it's not an excuse for failing to do the job to the best of their ability. If nobody expects that of them to begin with, we'll never see it magically happen all by itself.