Game Management at the End

Dr. Trooth

The only realistic chance to win was to stop them from scoring. As low a probability as that may have been, did you really think the Bills were going to score with the garbage they had playing OL by the end? I think the only first down they had in the second half to that point was on the long bomb to TO. As it was, they only needed to gain another 10 yards or so in 3 plays and 30 seconds and could not do that. The defense played tough all day and that was the best chance. There was plenty of time on the clock to score a FG even so.

Any coach who decides to let the other team score when up by 5 should be fired immediately. As others have said, there are some limited circumstances where letting the other team score makes sense. None of them involve your team currently being in the lead, though.

other situation is when they can win it with a FG and can kill the whole clock in the process.

Yeah, that's true. It might be worth considering when tied or with a one or two point lead. I'll have to amend my statement - "None of them involve your team currently leading by 3 or more points."

my only response to this thread and it's questioning of the coaches' decisions is... Who Cares?

are we really expecting amazing gameday decision making out of our INTERIM HC?

are we really expecting Perry to rally the troops and turn this season around? turn it around just in time to have NO chance at a wild card spot and to further ruin the draft order for our new regime?

im not a fan who would ever route for the Bills to lose, but at this point of this season given the fact that its all getting blown up at the end of the year anyways... who cares?

i had a GREAT time at the bar watching the game yesterday. it was FUN to watch Fewell have fun out there. it was fun to watch TO have a big day. im no longer expecting us to win, so i wasnt even the least bit disappointed when we gave the game away.

my advice to everyone on the board: let go of this season and just enjoy it for the sport.

we'll go back to caring about it all next year.

i had a GREAT time at the bar watching the game yesterday. it was FUN to watch Fewell have fun out there. it was fun to watch TO have a big day. im no longer expecting us to win, so i wasnt even the least bit disappointed when we gave the game away.

Yep. The only reason I came away unhappy yesterday was the injury to Wood. That sucked.