as suspected - Perry is a moron

vegas55

This team still has the reek of Dick Jauron all over it, bone headed play by Nelson to call back a touchdown.

The defense minus McGee and Stroud played fairly well I thought, Kyle Williams was a monster at times. The D held MJD to 66 yards rushing, much better run D then in past games.

Considering all the injuries surrounding this team and the problems that Jauron caused with the offense and O line I think they played better for their new HC.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team still has the reek of Dick Jauron all over it, bone headed play by Nelson to call back a touchdown.

The defense minus McGee and Stroud played fairly well I thought, Kyle Williams was a monster at times. The D held MJD to 66 yards rushing, much better run D then in past games.

Considering all the injuries surrounding this team and the problems that Jauron caused with the offense and O line I think they played better for their new HC.

Makes me wonder if they had given up on jauron

Agreed the further removed we are from DJ the better things will get no matter who is the coach

The end of the first half was absolutely terrible clock management. But you're completely wrong about the end of the game. You keep the timeout in your pocket to set up the field goal. Your offense should be able to get 10 yards given 3 downs to work with.

First it was the Dallas game where Perry did not get the concept of defending the sideline. But he really demonstrated his IQ today. Forget completely mangling the end of the first half. He failed to use timeouts sonn enough when Jags had the ball close to endzone at end of game. INSTEAD of using a timeout, he threw away a precious down by having Fitzpatrick SPIKE the ball after getting first down during last possesion. So Bills run out of downs, lose the game - AND STILL HAVE A TIMEOUT they never used. Perry you are an idiot, enjoy that timeout you took into the locker room, which your team could have so desperately used - AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR TEAM WHICH PLAYED SO HARD- ONLY TO BE BETRAYED BY A CLUELESS FOOL WHO COMPLETELY DEMONSTRATED WHY HE HAS NO BUSINESS COACHING IN THIS LEAGUE

the Bills had plenty of time at the end of the game when they got the ball back so it clearly wasnt the reason they lost

IT DOESN'T MATTER. This team stinks, he ain't getting rehired, and every loss gets the new coach a better draft pick. We should be throwing games outright at this point.

rehired??? lol.......he was never hired, he was promoted to interim head coach.

I thought they should have spiked the ball at the end of the first half and got another chance at the end zone, then kick the field goal. That was a fail but they did get the points, better than nothing.

Overall it was a entertaining game. Bills had two TDs called back on flags, thats why they lose the game, not what they did at the end of the first half.

Perry had them ready to play, on the road and playing Fitz almost worked out. T.O was into it, which was nice to see.

They should have won straight up. Nice to see team play with some emotion on the sidelines.

Baby steps , baby steps yall

The end of the first half was absolutely terrible clock management. But you're completely wrong about the end of the game. You keep the timeout in your pocket to set up the field goal. Your offense should be able to get 10 yards given 3 downs to work with.

This is the same horrible logic that most coaches use to avoid criticsm after the fact. You do not 'keep it in your pocket' while you are running out of time or downs. This, by the way, is exactly the mentality that cost the Bills a shot to score a TD at the end of the half.

If you call the TO instead of spiking the ball at the end, you save the down and can always spike the ball later if necessary to kill the clock for a FG.

I don't know what this team needs for a coach doubt it is Fewell but i did like the passion he brought

The team did play harder but is that because of Fewell or is it because Jauron is gone. I feel it is more of Jauron. He is soft and his team became soft. Time mismanagement by Fewell in the first half and at the end of the game when Jacksonville was first and goal is telling enough to me that there is a better answer out there.

Perry did the things that a brand new HC with DC responsibilities COULD do with the offense (in five days), a-la Owens' involvement FINALLY. The penalty problems on offense belong to AVP and his position coaches. They are obviously not as good as they need to be.

Obviously he learned his clock management skills from watching Jauron.

Honestly, how hard a skill can that be to master? Shouldn't managing the clock and timeouts be the easiest part of the job?

Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren (especially) have been guilty of mis-managing the clock throughout the years. Yeah it sucks, but I am willing to give Fewell the benefit of the doubt considering it was his first game as a Head Coach.

I thought fewell did ok considering he has players like this starting: Kelsay, Whitner, Pozlusny, Kraft, Corner, McKennie, Nelson, Scott (Jonathon), Chambers and Fitzgerald.

I could mention others.

But Fewell runs a Tampa 2, so there is no defense for him as either HC or DC.

I thought fewell did ok considering he has players like this starting: Kelsay, Whitner, Pozlusny, Kraft, Corner, McKennie, Nelson, Scott (Jonathon), Chambers and Fitzgerald.

I could mention others.

But Fewell runs a Tampa 2, so there is no defense for him as either HC or DC.

He runs the Tampa 2 because that is what Jauron wanted when he took over. There was a lot more man to man coverage today than what you would see in a standard Tampa 2.

This is the same horrible logic that most coaches use to avoid criticsm after the fact. You do not 'keep it in your pocket' while you are running out of time. This, by the way, is exactly the mentality that cost the Bills a shot to score a TD at the end of the half.

If you call the TO instead of spiking the ball at the end, you save the down and can always spike the ball later if necessary to kill the clock for a FG.

Meh, you may be right, but I don't consider it nearly as egregious as the bungling at the end of the first half. Keeping the timeout available does give you an option to push the ball further down the middle of the field - if you use it after a 12-yard pass you really can't go over the middle again beyond 10 yards.

If you don't agree that's fine, but I think contrary to the OP it is far more debatable than the way the Bills ended the first half (and to me it's really not comparable, when you get a first down at the 5 with 20 seconds left it's far different than a first down at the 45 with 45 seconds left. They would've had 2 or 3 shots at the end zone with a TO at the end of the half, while they still had time to get the yardage they needed for a FG at the end of the game).

You are then dumber than Fewell - quite a feat. Dont need a timeout to set up a field goal - when in range you can spike it then - moron do you understand that the bills ran out of time & downs but still had a timeout that they never used

You are then dumber than Fewell - quite a feat. Dont need a timeout to set up a field goal - when in range you can spike it then - moron do you understand that the bills ran out of time & downs but still had a timeout that they never used

Don't look for an answer from me, I'm not interested in getting into a name-calling match with you.