Would Jim Kelly Make a Good OC?

If they let me, I'd stand on the sideline too, so would that make me a good choice too?

There's a big differecne between standing on the sideline and cheerign vs putting in 18 hour days for what he'd consider chump change.

He still has the passion for Buffalo and I have always wanted to see him on the sidelines. Do you guys think he would be good?

Sorry, he doesn't deserve to be anointed for being too damn lazy.

Kelly was a great Bill, but the complexity of the game has changed mightily since he was a QB in the league.

This, he was a great QB, he would make a great OC, is juvenile in my opinion, and is usually held by the Bills fans who think with emotion rather than a brain.

He has been out of the league since 1996 and has shown little evidence that he will willing to work at anything, much less the grind that is the life of a successful NFL coach.

Move on- the 1990's are over.

Kelly - juvenile??? Shown little evidence that he's willing to work at anything?

Congratulations - you just won Retard-of-the-Year!

Unless you think founding and running 2 charitable foundations (Hunter's Hope Foundation and Kelly for Kids Foundation) and a research center (HJK Research Center for Krabbe Disease), tirelessly raising money to fund that center and other research institutions working to find a cure for all dystrophic illnesses, tirelessly traveling the country to testify before State Legislatures and the US Congress for universal newborn screening for Krabbe's and all other dystrophic diseases, in addition to Jim's very busy public speaking schedule and his annual football camps for kids are all just a lazy man's way of killing time, that is.

Hunter's Hope Foundation

Kelly for Kids Foundation

Kelly/Congress

Kelly/State Legislatures

JimKelly.com

Yep, there's a guy who shows little evidence that he's willing to work at anything. Forget about all the hard work and dedication is took to become the HOF QB that he is, too! Someone needs to light a fire under that lazy, juvenile slacker.

All the more reason why these Kelly threads are always so annoying.

Every other ex-player has to work there their way up the ladder to be head coach, but Kelly would expect to be anointed.

Fixed, but you might benefit from a remedial English class - unless you're a lazy guy like Jim Kelly. :lol:

Yeah, remember when Dan Marino was hired to coach Miami? Quit like after the first week. That conversation went like this:

Dan, your hours are 8am to 12

Good, after 4 hours I can still hit the links

Uh Dan, that's 8am to midnight

I QUIT!!!

Dan Marino was never a head coach, he was hired to be the "senior vice president of football operations" for the Dolphins and he thought it was supposed to be a figure head position. Just lend his name to the team to attract free agents and Bolster the teams image.

What happened was... he was asked to start doing actual duties and abruptly quit, I don't blame him either as he knew he was in over his head. Broadcasting is much simpler and the pay was probably about the same, as he had a network job and HBO inside the NFL job offers.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THE "JIM KELLY, THURMAN THOMAS, STEVE TASKER, ETC.... AS A BILLS COACH!

THIS AIN'T POP WARNER. NFL COACHES WORK A RIDICULOUS NUMBER OF HOURS AND BARELY HAVE ANY LEISURE OR FAMILY TIME.

O.k. Sorry about the caps, but this same stupid topic comes up about every 3 weeks. Jesus key-rist. Stop already.

It takes a very particular personality to want to commit to the rigors of NFL coaching. The level of dedication and potential for disappointment has to be incredible.

Kelly and co. are not going to give up their "retirement" playboy lifestyles to get into coaching in their mid-40's.

If they really wanted to be coaches, they would have gone into it immediately following their playing careers, as did Van Pelt, Reich, Metzelaars, etc. They wouldn't just do it on a lark 'cause their golf game went south.

Kelly, Thomas, Tasker, have all responded numerous times to the coaching question by saying in effect, "it's not for them".

They have all settled into homes in the WNY area, and none have indicated they'd embrace the vagabond lifestyle common to NFL coaches. The numbers of NFL coaches who stay in one place for more than a couple of years are few.

SO PLEASE - STOP WITH THE "LET'S GET KELLY ON THE SIDELINES" NONSENSE.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE SAYING, "LET'S GET KELLY TO BE PRESIDENT". I'd be more supportive of that idea..

Kelly - juvenile??? Shown little evidence that he's willing to work at anything?

Congratulations - you just won Retard-of-the-Year!

Unless you think founding and running 2 charitable foundations (Hunter's Hope Foundation and Kelly for Kids Foundation) and a research center (HJK Research Center for Krabbe Disease), tirelessly raising money to fund that center and other research institutions working to find a cure for all dystrophic illnesses, tirelessly traveling the country to testify before State Legislatures and the US Congress for universal newborn screening for Krabbe's and all other dystrophic diseases, in addition to Jim's very busy public speaking schedule and his annual football camps for kids are all just a lazy man's way of killing time, that is.

Hunter's Hope Foundation

Kelly for Kids Foundation

Kelly/Congress

Kelly/State Legislatures

JimKelly.com

Yep, there's a guy who shows little evidence that he's willing to work at anything. Forget about all the hard work and dedication is took to become the HOF QB that he is, too! Someone needs to light a fire under that lazy, juvenile slacker.

If you weren't so busy sticking your nose up Mike Leach's ass on this board, you would have noticed that I used the word juvenile to describe fan boys who bring up Jim Kelly's name every time we begin another coaching search.

Now go put on your pink, autographed Mike Leach panties and finish your day.

If they let me, I'd stand on the sideline too, so would that make me a good choice too?

There's a big differecne between standing on the sideline and cheerign vs putting in 18 hour days for what he'd consider chump change.

Perfect example of how to politely disagree with someone.

Thank you