Peyton Manning praises Jim Kelly

merlin

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.

Quoted in Tim Graham's blog from Bob Costas' pre-game show interview with Peyton Manning:

ESPN AFC East Blog - Nov. 15, 10:38 PM

Manning on the great quarterbacks who didn't win a Super Bowl:

"I still defend [Dan] Marino. I still defend [Fran] Tarkenton. I still defend Jim Kelly. All I know is what great quarterbacks they were. I've seen guys change when they've won one. They kind of say, 'I'm out of that club now. I'm in this new club.' I kind of like being in the old club with guys who just played their butts off every single Sunday. Jim Kelly, Marino, Tarkenton, John Stockton, you get guys not just in the NFL. I admire those guys for how long they played, how well they competed, how hard they competed. That's really all I want."

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.

Quoted in Tim Graham's blog from Bob Costas' pre-game show interview with Peyton Manning:

ESPN AFC East Blog - Nov. 15, 10:38 PM

Manning on the great quarterbacks who didn't win a Super Bowl:

"I still defend [Dan] Marino. I still defend [Fran] Tarkenton. I still defend Jim Kelly. All I know is what great quarterbacks they were. I've seen guys change when they've won one. They kind of say, 'I'm out of that club now. I'm in this new club.' I kind of like being in the old club with guys who just played their butts off every single Sunday. Jim Kelly, Marino, Tarkenton, John Stockton, you get guys not just in the NFL. I admire those guys for how long they played, how well they competed, how hard they competed. That's really all I want."

Between this and making Bill and Marcia his b**** last night, I'm really starting to like Peyton.

Between this and making Bill and Marcia his b**** last night, I'm really starting to like Peyton.

I've liked him for a long time - he's a consummate professional...just goes about his business, works his tail off, and wins. He doesn't get photo shoots for GQ or anything, either (except for a handful of commercials).

The guy is a winner, period. We can only hope the Bills have a QB that's half of his stature.

I've liked him for a long time - he's a consummate professional...just goes about his business, works his tail off, and wins. He doesn't get photo shoots for GQ or anything, either (except for a handful of commercials).

The guy is a winner, period. We can only hope the Bills have a QB that's half of his stature.

It's really funny watching the pure hatred of him out here in Boston. I'll never understand why the fanbase out here can be so jealous over a guy who has won less than their team has.

How could anyone not like this guy? Manning = Class.

Not after the home playoff loss to Pittsburgh when he threw his whole offensive line under the bus. I do respect his apprectaion for the history of the game, however. On Hard Knocks this season, Tank Williams had never even heard of Bill Walsh!

It's really funny watching the pure hatred of him out here in Boston. I'll never understand why the fanbase out here can be so jealous over a guy who has won less than their team has.

It's because he's the antithesis of their team. He's humble, classy in victory and defeat, exudes a team concept, looks like a real student of the game with a passion for it and he's got a sense of humor about himself to boot.

Compare that to Brady (deadbeat dad, more concerned with his image than a Hollywood star, cocky, arrogant, a piss-poor loser, etc.) and you can see why Boston would hate him. Because deep down they wish they had him instead.

How could anyone not like this guy? Manning = Class.

His work on SNL was golden...especially the United Way ad...

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/pey...l-united/160489

You know he ad-libbed the "go to the porta-toilet line!" and the "why are you looking, get back inside!" The writers were amazed at how naturally funny he was.