Call me crazy, but I think there's still hope for this season

Reddy Freddy

there's only one sliver of hope - and that's if Trent comes back from the concussion as a new, and different, man.

If you can't score you can only hope to eek out victories and, unless you have an all time great defense, you can only hope to be around .500 at the end of the season.

I find it odd when Bills "fans" vehemently and passionately argue that their team is terrible. I mean it's one thing to be like like "Oh, man, the Bills are not very good this year." It's quite another to be like "I am telling you! The Bills are the worst team in the league! They will be lucky to win another game! They are terrible! They might be the worst team in NFL history! Oh yeah, Go Bills." This is obviously an exaggeration, but come on people! This is your team!

They Suck!!!! no matter whose team they are...

On paper they can do it... but that is blotter paper, and you would be tripping balls and hallucinating.

Best effort and no further injuries is pulling off 9-7. That my friends, is optimistic.

I will, however, give the guy credit for sticking his neck out and sharing some of his optimism.

I find it odd when Bills "fans" vehemently and passionately argue that their team is terrible. I mean it's one thing to be like like "Oh, man, the Bills are not very good this year." It's quite another to be like "I am telling you! The Bills are the worst team in the league! They will be lucky to win another game! They are terrible! They might be the worst team in NFL history! Oh yeah, Go Bills." This is obviously an exaggeration, but come on people! This is your team!

Your optimisim is what you need to get you through the season thats fine. The reality of this season is not a question of our loyalty or how much a fan we are is that the Offense is invisible there is nothing there. On paper this offense should be in the top 15 but its not the case. Is that the OC/QB/OL/RB/WR/TE or HC I dont know what their issue is. The fact is when you have a player Like BYRD creating not only turnovers but excitemnt on Defensive and the O cant get it done its a huge problem. For you to see a bright spot in all of this is amazin keep smoking what your smoking if it gets you through the season. We see the likes of you season in and season out but the reality is the realist such as myself is not going to paint rosy colors on a team that is seriously undercheiving.

In order for your scenerio you would have to be correct in your facts and your not we are three games out of a wild card spot because we do not hold the tie breaker. Secondly this team would have to win out or at worst 7-1. This team has a problem stopping runners and of the 8 games we have left MIA/JETS/JAX/TEN have power running games then we will have problems against NE/ATL/INDY so that at best will make us 7-9 with the reality of 5-11 and the END of the talent killer Head coach DJ.

But keep smoking and feel free to come back at the end of the season and say I told you so if your right but also be prepared to come back and say I am not sorry for being optimistic but you were right about the state of our team.

Your optimisim is what you need to get you through the season thats fine. The reality of this season is not a question of our loyalty or how much a fan we are is that the Offense is invisible there is nothing there. On paper this offense should be in the top 15 but its not the case. Is that the OC/QB/OL/RB/WR/TE or HC I dont know what their issue is. The fact is when you have a player Like BYRD creating not only turnovers but excitemnt on Defensive and the O cant get it done its a huge problem. For you to see a bright spot in all of this is amazin keep smoking what your smoking if it gets you through the season. We see the likes of you season in and season out but the reality is the realist such as myself is not going to paint rosy colors on a team that is seriously undercheiving.

In order for your scenerio you would have to be correct in your facts and your not we are three games out of a wild card spot because we do not hold the tie breaker. Secondly this team would have to win out or at worst 7-1. This team has a problem stopping runners and of the 8 games we have left MIA/JETS/JAX/TEN have power running games then we will have problems against NE/ATL/INDY so that at best will make us 7-9 with the reality of 5-11 and the END of the talent killer Head coach DJ.

But keep smoking and feel free to come back at the end of the season and say I told you so if your right but also be prepared to come back and say I am not sorry for being optimistic but you were right about the state of our team.

Sports is an escape for me -- an interest. It is not my life. There are plenty of things in real life to be realistic about, to disappointed with, and to be upset by. I choose to have fun with football, and not get so angry with the team I like and the people who show faith in that team.

If Edwards realizes that his career is pretty much over unless he starts making the throws, and he then responds by actually making them, then maybe we get more than 2 more wins. I would love to see him decide to at least try to become a QB and salvage his career, but I'm not holiding my breath.

On the other hand, we were down to our 4th right tackle last week. The remaining talent is weak.

Well I find it equally odd when other Bills' "fans" spout off that someone can't be a "real fan" unless they're blindly optimistic despite the shortcomings of the players, coaching staff, and front office that are completely obvious to everyone with an ounce of football accumen.

I love the team, and I would really like to see them play playoff caliber football, but if you've watched this team play and honestly think that they've played anywhere remotely close to the level of where they'd need to be to make the playoffs, then you must be delusional.

I know, I know. I'm a typical, self-pity-loathen idiot; but I also watch the team objectively. They're not suddenly going to morph into a good team. Competing with a team like New England isn't the same as beating them. And as you well know, Buffalo routinely plays better against New England early in the season and gets drubbed by them later on, so it's not as though we're seeing something different this year.

Buffalo hasn't beaten a good team since Washington 2 years ago. Their best victories since then came against an 8-8 Denver team with the worst defense in football last season and an 8-8 Chargers team that had the worst defense in football at the time (and subsequently fired their defensive coordinator following that game).

So you can call me crazy, or anything else that you'd like to, but I think that--as a fan--it's perfectly normal to call it like you see it. If you don't like that, perhaps posting here isn't the best idea.

So you can call me crazy, or anything else that you'd like to, but I think that--as a fan--it's perfectly normal to call it like you see it. If you don't like that, perhaps posting here isn't the best idea.

You make some good points, but your last one is the best. Message boards of all types tend to bring out the extremists -- the "crazies," if you will. After all, it takes a certain kind of person to be so passionate about something that they actively participate in message boards.

I guess being overly optimistic about my team qualifies me as crazy myself, or delusional, or otherwise out of touch with reality. But as I said in a previous response, I choose not to be rigidly realistic about football. There's plenty of stuff in real life that calls for serious assessments and objectivity.

So I guess the conclusion to this thread, from my perspective, is to say that you should be a fan how you like to, and I'll be a fan how I like to. But only on a message board would someone be roundly criticized for being overly optimistic about a football team -- the same team that this board is devoted to.