Volvo...does anyone here drive or driven one?

taterhill

Thinking of picking up a 2000 V70 on the cheap....any thoughts?

We used to own a 94 750 i believe, but this was a good 15 years ago. Bought the car new , had it for close to 5 years, loved it...only got rid of it with when the 2nd kid was on the way and we went to a minivan.

I've had a couple of them:

1996 965 (wagon) - picked it up new in Sweden with the Volvo European delivery option. Lots of great stories from that trip - thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. Put 212k on it and sold it. That car was solid when I sold it and I beat the crap out of it.

1998 V70 - This is more in line with what you're considering. '98 was the first year of this revised model and I liked it but it was no where near as durable as the 960. Bought it with 120k and sold it with 160k. Not many expensive issues with the car but if you need to replace the belts, etc. and are having your maintenance done at a Volvo shop, figure on some big maintenance bills. If I couldn't do the work, I knew a guy good with Volvos (he had the diagnostic equipment) and I would buy the parts on-line and he did the work. I would buy another V70 but only after having it checked thoroughly and looking at all the maintenance records.