Ohio recount

/dev/null

That would be even worse.  Now you're postulating a standardized nationwide electoral system parallel to the existing state/county level system.  I cannot imagine a situation where maintaining two different, parallel systems is going to solve more problems than it creates.

121046[/snapback]

Why?

The prez election is the only thing I have in common voting-wise with you?

Why wouldn't it work?

I heard something that the guy who came up with one of the voting systems in Ohio was a major Bush payer?

Not that, that matters?

I also noticed that the incumbant wasn't first on my ballot... I assume all state laws are different?

The thing that amazes me is the map one of the networks had in the background, by county, showing what system people use to vote... I think NYS was the only one I noticed with a uniform voting system.

The only thing I have in common voting-wise with others in other states is the presidential election... Shouldn't it be a single race ballot?  Uniform?  If you can give 2 bucks or so on your tax-form... Why can't they standardize the prez ballot?  Who really needs the other races on there... You can just vote on those state/local races another day.

Again... the only link I have with others in other states is the prez race... I am almost amazed that there is no standardization...  The corruption in each system could be emmense.

Still keep the EC... We all use the same fed tax forms?

120805[/snapback]

You are thinking of Walden O'Dell, CEO of Diebold, Inc. a manufacturer of new voting machines who promised to help "...deliver Ohio to the President..." Ken Blackwell, the supposedly spotless republican secretary of state named Diebold as one of the companies elegible to provide voting machines to Ohio counties.

Frankly, I don't think there is any genuine issue there but certainly, Diebold almost had collective heart failure when O'Dell's statements came out. That is not exactly the kind of thing you want when you are basically marketing your integrity.