Patriot Homer King tweeted Mularkey and Williams are two of the hot as

sharper802

Wow, that draft, looking back on it...was 1 of the worst I have ever seen by 1 single team. WHO THE HELL DID WE GET?

Derek Fine, Reggie Corner and Xavier Omon? Our 2 7th round picks (D. Bell & Stevie J.) are the 2 best prospects from our draft class that year. A CB taken in the 7th round, 143rd overall (Orlando Scandrick) has been a better player for the Cowboys, than our 11th overall McKelvin is having in Buffalo.

All while the 2 UB boys, Richard and Scott, continue to have decent careers with Indy and Oakland.

I guess we are assuming Steve Johnson is good, because he is still on the roster? Has anyone actually seen enough of this guy to really know? One of my biggest complaints about Jauron and company, is that we never really know if the best players are even on the field. Can you think of a single player who has improved under this coaching staff? They don't develop anyone...they really are a disaster...

Wow, that draft, looking back on it...was 1 of the worst I have ever seen by 1 single team. WHO THE HELL DID WE GET?

Derek Fine, Reggie Corner and Xavier Omon? Our 2 7th round picks (D. Bell & Stevie J.) are the 2 best prospects from our draft class that year. A CB taken in the 7th round, 143rd overall (Orlando Scandrick) has been a better player for the Cowboys, than our 11th overall McKelvin is having in Buffalo.

All while the 2 UB boys, Richard and Scott, continue to have decent careers with Indy and Oakland.

I respectfully disagree. 2006 was the most idiotic draft I can remember.

Both of those guys have been largely successful in their career, with the exception of their time in Buffalo...

the problem is, unless a GM and other front office candidates have some kind of tie to WNY, which is rare, they are not coming... i really do not see it.. Buffalo as a place to live is so far behind any other NFL city that attracting general management talent will be very difficult if openings in other cities exist (and they will)... Marv wouldn't move back, he stayed in Chicago, for example.. he is a bad example and was a short term fix, but the area is generally regarded as a not much of a place to live when compared to the vast majority of NFL cities.. its going to take a very special fit... not that Jim McNally was a great coach, but he came strictly because he had ties to the area..

the bills are pretty much in tough shape until the franchise is sold and moved to somewhere management talent wants to be.. and by the way, toronto canada is probably not high on peoples lists as well...

the problem is, unless a GM and other front office candidates have some kind of tie to WNY, which is rare, they are not coming... i really do not see it.. Buffalo as a place to live is so far behind any other NFL city that attracting general management talent will be very difficult if openings in other cities exist (and they will)... Marv wouldn't move back, he stayed in Chicago, for example.. he is a bad example and was a short term fix, but the area is generally regarded as a not much of a place to live when compared to the vast majority of NFL cities.. its going to take a very special fit... not that Jim McNally was a great coach, but he came strictly because he had ties to the area..

the bills are pretty much in tough shape until the franchise is sold and moved to somewhere management talent wants to be.. and by the way, toronto canada is probably not high on peoples lists as well...

Well, not sure what my comments had to do with this, but, I know what you are saying. I am not sure, however, if I completely agree, when it comes to coaches/GMs. Many are not looking for glamor or night life. I can see where this might be a problem with attracting free agent players. Although, weather might be a factor...Tom Modrak still lives in Florida, and, I am guessing, checks in at One Bills Drive, by phone.

I think the biggest drawback to bringing in an established GM/ head coach candidate is the ownership, and management set up. If Ralph, like he did with Tom Donohoe, is willing to relinquish power to someone else, something he seems wary of doing, he would, in my opinon, be able to draw a credible candidate to Buffalo. I don't think it has anything to do with the city. There are only 32 NFL GM jobs, and 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the country... Buffalo is one of them.

As I stated before, I think the Bills had a decent young coach in Mike Mularkey, but even he seemed to realize that the franchise was set up for failure. Dick Jauron, make no mistake, is an awful NFL coach, there should be no question about that at this point. But, I am not sure how many coaches could succeed with the flawed way this franchise is set up.