I'm off to the 49'ers-Titans game

Mark Vader

The Dolphins-Patriots game is on right now. NE is leading 24-17 late in the 4th quarter. This game, coupled with the Jets and their new quarterback Sanchez and head coach Ryan proves one thing:

The Buffalo Bills will be in LAST place in the AFC East for at least the next 2 to 3 years.

Period.

I'm watching this game right now courtesy of Sunday Ticket.

A couple of thoughts:

1.) Frank Gore is a beast. Lynch is an imposter compared to Gore. He just slashed through the Titans defense for a touchdown. He's faster than Lynch, and does not do all of the juking and jiving that Lynch likes to do. He makes a decision, and goes.

2.) It looks like Smith might be starting to show some reasons why he was drafted in the first round as a QB. He just hit Vernon Davis on like a 40-50 yard bullet.

3.) Singletary oozes football. What an amazing coach. He has changed the culture in San Fran and is starting to rebuild some of that old grind and toughness that he played with when manning the middle of the Bears defense for so many years. The 49'ers are starting to look like they did back when Owens, and Garcia last played for them. Always loved the 9'ers 80's colors, too.

I'd be a 49'ers fan if the Bills did not exist or ever moved.

Now, the 49'ers are clearly not as good as they used to be under Montana and Young, but they are rebounding. All within a decade.

What is the Bills problem?

A couple of thoughts:

1.) Frank Gore is a beast. Lynch is an imposter compared to Gore. He just slashed through the Titans defense for a touchdown. He's faster than Lynch, and does not do all of the juking and jiving that Lynch likes to do. He makes a decision, and goes.

2.) It looks like Smith might be starting to show some reasons why he was drafted in the first round as a QB. He just hit Vernon Davis on like a 40-50 yard bullet.

3.) Singletary oozes football. What an amazing coach. He has changed the culture in San Fran and is starting to rebuild some of that old grind and toughness that he played with when manning the middle of the Bears defense for so many years. The 49'ers are starting to look like they did back when Owens, and Garcia last played for them. Always loved the 9'ers 80's colors, too.

Now, the 49'ers are clearly not as good as they used to be under Montana and Young, but they are rebounding. All within a decade.

Singletary's enthusiasm is contagious. He won't tolerate players that don't go full-tilt. He has improved the environment in Santa Clara. But, while his emphasis on physicality is welcome on any club, the jury is still out as to whether he has the skills or flexibility with the X&0s. He has made some questionable decisions on the sideline this year that may be attributed to status as a new head coach, or may be a reflection of his limitations as a strategist. It will be fun to see him progress.

Smith was completely mismanaged from the get-go. He may not have been deserving of his draft status, but Mike Nolan abused this kid. He may still become a serviceable NFL quarterback.

The Niners would be one of a few teams I would follow if the Bills left WNY. Less because I live in the City, and more because the Niners are the last remaining team whose origins lie in the AAFC (along with the first Buffalo Bisons/Bills team).

Every Niners game I watch further affirms that Patrick Willis is a complete stud, Spikes is still a decent player, and that the Bills barely have two NFL quality backers.

The Titans will beat the Bills. Young is the question mark though. He has an arm, but its anyone's guess who'll catch the ball when he throws it. Chris Johnson is scary good.

Awaiting your impressions, Mark. 34-20 TEN, as I type.

As soon as it became 34-20 everyone wanted to leave.

This was a weird game and somewhat difficult to assess, but here is what I took from it.

Chris Johnson will rip our defense to shreds. The Bills must have offensive success to offset that.

The Titans defense is an enigma, their pass rush is unspectacular, but their secondary is decent. They had 3 interceptions, but 2 of them were the result of batted balls. The Titans are a completely different defense without Haynesworth, and they can be had.

Vince Young had a solid game, but he still needs more polish. He threw some impressive deep balls that were on target, but some of his shorter passes were way off the mark. Young does look more disciplined in his approach.

Justin Gage is a receiver to watch out for. He made a great leaping grab to keep a scoring drive alive.

Like I said before this was a weird game to watch. The Niners had a 17-10 lead at halftime and looked more disciplined than the Titans, but in the 4th quarter everything fell apart.

Frank Gore had a very good game, but only carried the ball 15 times. Why? Yet Alex Smith attempted 45 passes. That is not a good offensive game plan.

Also, while Chris Johnson was having a big game, there were a few times that Patrick Willis was able to stop him in his tracks, it was a very exciting match-up.

The Titans have gained a lot of confidence, and playing them next week will not be easy. Still it is a winnable game for the Bills. Chris Johnson is a beast and Justin Gage is looking more like a playmaker, yet the defense is suspect.

As soon as it became 34-20 everyone wanted to leave.

This was a weird game and somewhat difficult to assess, but here is what I took from it.

Chris Johnson will rip our defense to shreds. The Bills must have offensive success to offset that.

The Titans defense is an enigma, their pass rush is unspectacular, but their secondary is decent. They had 3 interceptions, but 2 of them were the result of batted balls. The Titans are a completely different defense without Haynesworth, and they can be had.

Vince Young had a solid game, but he still needs more polish. He threw some impressive deep balls that were on target, but some of his shorter passes were way off the mark. Young does look more disciplined in his approach.

Justin Gage is a receiver to watch out for. He made a great leaping grab to keep a scoring drive alive.

Like I said before this was a weird game to watch. The Niners had a 17-10 lead at halftime and looked more disciplined than the Titans, but in the 4th quarter everything fell apart.

Frank Gore had a very good game, but only carried the ball 15 times. Why? Yet Alex Smith attempted 45 passes. That is not a good offensive game plan.

Also, while Chris Johnson was having a big game, there were a few times that Patrick Willis was able to stop him in his tracks, it was a very exciting match-up.

The Titans have gained a lot of confidence, and playing them next week will not be easy. Still it is a winnable game for the Bills. Chris Johnson is a beast and Justin Gage is looking more like a playmaker, yet the defense is suspect.

Thank you. I was following the game on CBS's Game Tracker. In the chat panel, some were referring to the 'niner's qb as Alexendra Smith. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I was following the game on CBS's Game Tracker. In the chat panel, some were referring to the 'niner's qb as Alexendra Smith. :thumbsup:

Yeah some of the Niner fans were brutal. They were booing Smith even when they had the lead. A few fans were also calling for them to put in Nate Davis.

Still, you can't put this loss all on Smith. The Niners defense gave up some big plays, and you have to question the game calling on offense. Why did Frank Gore only get 15 carries?

Singletary's enthusiasm is contagious. He won't tolerate players that don't go full-tilt. He has improved the environment in Santa Clara. But, while his emphasis on physicality is welcome on any club, the jury is still out as to whether he has the skills or flexibility with the X&0s. He has made some questionable decisions on the sideline this year that may be attributed to status as a new head coach, or may be a reflection of his limitations as a strategist. It will be fun to see him progress.

Smith was completely mismanaged from the get-go. He may not have been deserving of his draft status, but Mike Nolan abused this kid. He may still become a serviceable NFL quarterback.

The Niners would be one of a few teams I would follow if the Bills left WNY. Less because I live in the City, and more because the Niners are the last remaining team whose origins lie in the AAFC (along with the first Buffalo Bisons/Bills team).

Every Niners game I watch further affirms that Patrick Willis is a complete stud, Spikes is still a decent player, and that the Bills barely have two NFL quality backers.

The Titans will beat the Bills. Young is the question mark though. He has an arm, but its anyone's guess who'll catch the ball when he throws it. Chris Johnson is scary good.

Yeah, after watching yesterday's game, the Bills will be eaten alive by the Titans.

There was a play near the goal line where I believe it was Patrick Willis caught a scrambling Vince Young for a minimal gain. I saw that play, and realized that we will probably be gouged by Young on a play just like that all day long.

The announcers were also speaking about how the Titans don't see anyone left on their schedule whom they don't think they can beat. This coming Sunday is certainly no different. 34-10 Titans.

Yeah some of the Niner fans were brutal. They were booing Smith even when they had the lead. A few fans were also calling for them to put in Nate Davis.

Still, you can't put this loss all on Smith. The Niners defense gave up some big plays, and you have to question the game calling on offense. Why did Frank Gore only get 15 carries?

"Brutal" 9'ers fans?

I've been to a game in San Fran, and this is the home of the fans whom clap. Perhaps it is the proximity to Napa and the cultured folk who travel to the vineyards, but I would hardly classify those fans as "brutal".

Do you think it has more to do with losing Fat Albert, or the DC Jim Schwartz?

Hey Mark, I was at the game too. My flight landed early in San Fran (here for a conference) so I hopped in a cab, bought a ticket and enjoyed a game that featured POINTS SCORED.

My thoughts:

- Johnson is going to gash up the Bills run D, he is their worst nightmare - fast and elusive with a great second-level burst. I see some HUGE runs from him (60 to 80 yard variety).

- Young is still an enigma...man has great scrambling ability but the jury is still out on whether he can throw the ball. He made a few nice passes for big gains but also missed some easy throws.

- Titans D is questionable. Schwartz not being around has hurt that group in combination with Haynesworth being gone.

- San Fran will continue to become better. Smith looks like he's going to be a decent QB and two of his three picks were due to poor receiver play and the third was just a great pick by the DB.

- Gore is a beast. Lynch should watch game film on him.

- I still love Singletary. He may make questionable decisions from time to time but I just LOVE how he holds his players accountable. Unlike everyone's best buddy Jauron, players know they can't get away with mistakes with Samurai Mike.

A couple of thoughts:

& yet they are 3-5 just like the Bills. I love these kind of posts that says a team is doing everything right & they are rebounding & going in the right direction but at the end of the day their record is just as bad as the bills & they are going to miss the playoffs again. My point is the 49ers suck & so does Singletary, one of the 5 worst coaches in the league. The worst coach I would probably have to say is either Del Rio or jauron.