Trent Edwards v.s. Jay Cutler

PushthePile

yeah, he did. i think brad johnson got hurt for a few games and johnson led, for the lack of a better word the bucs to a few low scoring games.

I was talking playoffs. Rob Johnson's 1 td contribution in the regular season is not comparable to Rex Grossman making the superbowl as the starter with the Bears.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone in their right mind wouldn't rather have Jay Cutler than Trent Edwards.

I would take Trent Edwards over Cutler right now... not because Edwards is good or Cutler is worse, or vice versa...

It's that Edwards is a known quantity as a back-up and Cutler is not a solid QB with a HUGE contract that will hamstring the Bears for years.

I would take Trent Edwards over Cutler right now... not because Edwards is good or Cutler is worse, or vice versa...

It's that Edwards is a known quantity as a back-up and Cutler is not a solid QB with a HUGE contract that will hamstring the Bears for years.

Living up to your name I see.

In less than 3 full seasons Cutler has 65 TDs and over 10000 yards passing and he is not a solid QB? Where do you people get this stuff from!

In these guys first 3 full seasons I guess they were not solid QBs either according to some...

P Manning 85 TDs and 12000 pass yrd

Big Ben 52 TDs and 8500 pass yrd

T Brady 69 TDs and 10000 pass yrd

D Brees 55 TDs and 8500 pass yrd

P Rivers 75 TDs and 10500 pass yrd

D McNabb 54 TDs and 7500 pass yrd

B Favre 70 TDs and 10000 pass yrd

T Romo 81 TDs and 10500 pass yrd

And then there is Trent, Trent is just not a good QB, nothing against the guy but he just isn't very good at being an NFL QB.

T Edwards 23 TDs and 5000 pass yrd

I think Cutlers numbers stack up pretty damn well and I would take him in a heartbeat.

At this point I would not want Edwards as a back up either. The guy just doesn't have it.

Living up to your name I see.

In less than 3 full seasons Cutler has 65 TDs and over 10000 yards passing and he is not a solid QB? Where do you people get this stuff from!

In these guys first 3 full seasons I guess they were not solid QBs either according to some...

P Manning 85 TDs and 12000 pass yrd

Big Ben 52 TDs and 8500 pass yrd

T Brady 69 TDs and 10000 pass yrd

D Brees 55 TDs and 8500 pass yrd

P Rivers 75 TDs and 10500 pass yrd

D McNabb 54 TDs and 7500 pass yrd

B Favre 70 TDs and 10000 pass yrd

T Romo 81 TDs and 10500 pass yrd

And then there is Trent, Trent is just not a good QB, nothing against the guy but he just isn't very good at being an NFL QB.

I think Cutlers numbers stack up pretty damn well and I would take him in a heartbeat.

At this point I would not want Edwards as a back up either. The guy just doesn't have it.

Numbers can mean whatever you want them to mean. Vinny Testaverde has more yards than Joe Montana. You are an idiot if you can't understand that. Turnovers change games and Cutler changes the game in a negative way frequently and often.

In the 3 losses this year he has had 2 or more INTs a day. It's extremely hard to win with 2 INTs a game. I would say most QBs that throw 2 INTs a game lose 80% of the games they are part of. If you think a projected solid starter you are not thinking right.

He is not a solid starter and will never be until he stops throwing as many INTs. Until then he is a team killer. The difference is Trent is paid 3rd round money, while Cutler is signed through forever at $10 mil plus a year killing the team's cap.

If you think you can compare yards and touchdowns and that makes sense you think Testaverde should be in the Hall of Fame, same with Bledsoe.

Numbers can mean whatever you want them to mean. Vinny Testaverde has more yards than Joe Montana. You are an idiot if you can't understand that. Turnovers change games and Cutler changes the game in a negative way frequently and often.

In the 3 losses this year he has had 2 or more INTs a day. It's extremely hard to win with 2 INTs a game. I would say most QBs that throw 2 INTs a game lose 80% of the games they are part of. If you think a projected solid starter you are not thinking right.

He is not a solid starter and will never be until he stops throwing as many INTs. Until then he is a team killer. The difference is Trent is paid 3rd round money, while Cutler is signed through forever at $10 mil plus a year killing the team's cap.

If you think you can compare yards and touchdowns and that makes sense you think Testaverde should be in the Hall of Fame, same with Bledsoe.

People are idiots to think that Edwards is an NFL quarterback.

Edwards over Cutler....please pass to me what ever you are smoking. Must be some good stuff...

Is there? I don't think so. 2.5 times more over a 60 minute game is not much. Now if it were like 10-12 more times a game then you would have a case, but 2.5 more, no way. Oh yeah that terrible offensive line that you mention has 300 more rushing yards than the Bears (granted in 1 more game, but still). Hmmm... they really suck don't they.

About 50% more. That is a very large amount.

Oh brother.

Whatever. You can have that big baby Cutler. Denver has not missed a beat with Kyle Orton as their QB. It just goes to show you how important an offensive line is to QB and the skill positions.

As for your opinion regarding my football knowledge . . . yawn.

Denver's offense hasn't missed a beat? Last year, 2nd in the league. This year, 14th. I would say they have missed 4 or 5 beats.

If Cutler were still there, Denver would be insane right now, and they're already very very good.

Just throwing it out there... but maybe our receivers who suck the most? Maybe it's the WR's who never get open, and therefore make Trentative look like himself. Maybe the fact that our WRs fail to block well and/or finish blocks is the cause for a poor running game, which therefore puts more pressure on the WRs to get open?

Something I notice in just about every game is our opposing teams WRs and TEs ALWAYS getting open (drastically and quickly) 15-30 yards down the middle of the field.

WE-NEVER-DO-THAT. Why?

When you watch TV, you can't tell if the recievers are open.

But if you listen to the radio, you hear over and over again Kelso saying "I guess Trent didn't see it, but he had (Evans / T.O. / Reed) open downfield." Again and again and again.

The recievers aren't the problem.

I don't think anyone in their right mind wouldn't rather have Jay Cutler than Trent Edwards.

Oh, please, it's just an opinion either way.

Oh, and you're wrong. He he he. Seriously, though, even if you hate Cutler, I don't see how you can think of Edwards, as he is playing right now, as better than just about anyone.

Cutler's stats are better than Trent's across the board, better QB rating, better percentage, better Y/A, better TDs to Sacks ratio, and so on. When a guy has BOTH a higher percentage AND a higher Y/A, that really says something.

I can't blame the sacks (90% more) on Trent, though, virtually all of those are on the line.

One other telling stat. Last year, Denver was 3rd in the league in passing offense.

This year, 16th in the league in passing offense.

Losing Cutler has made a very big difference there.

The remarkable thing - look at Tennessee's numbers. #1 in yards per carry, #2 in sacks allowed, #1 in hits allowed. 1 win.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Funny stuff.

None of those numbers are among the crucial ones, as you well know. It's like saying a baseball team leads the league in successful bunts and being surprised that they aren't playing well.

If you can run the ball you don't need to pass the ball!!!

Here's a quiz ... Name ONE QB that lead the league in passing yards that won a SB that same year.

2009 passing yards to date @ # 19 Kurt Warner, #16 Jason Campbell, #15 Eli Manning, #1 Aaron Rodgers

Here's a quiz ... Name ONE QB that lead the league in passing yards that won a SB that same year.

2009 passing yards to date @ # 19 Kurt Warner, #16 Jason Campbell, #15 Eli Manning, #1 Aaron Rodgers

Thats almost unfair to ask. You could ask the same question for rushing yards, or receptions, or receiving yards, or TD's for any position or yards against the run, or pass, or both. Its a team sport. Which brings me to this next point. Trent is the leader of this team and as the leader of this team should take it upon himself to bring them to the next level and he doesnt. The entire team has played flat for the last 3 years. Maybe its Trent, maybe its Dick, maybe its the playcalling and the horrible OC's. The truth is that with the constant being Trent, Dick, and the bad OC's they should all go. We have dealt with this crap for way too long. Why is it that other teams can make changes from one year to the next, or teams like the Eagles draft WR's in the draft and get them to produce right out of the box, or QB's become good by the end of their first or 2nd year. Stats can be flawed in many ways to look better for one team/player or the next. But year after year Trent and this team continues to struggle. Its a trend not a coincidence. The QB, Coaching Staff need to go.

Thats almost unfair to ask. You could ask the same question for rushing yards, or receptions, or receiving yards, or TD's for any position or yards against the run, or pass, or both. Its a team sport. Which brings me to this next point. Trent is the leader of this team and as the leader of this team should take it upon himself to bring them to the next level and he doesnt. The entire team has played flat for the last 3 years. Maybe its Trent, maybe its Dick, maybe its the playcalling and the horrible OC's. The truth is that with the constant being Trent, Dick, and the bad OC's they should all go. We have dealt with this crap for way too long. Why is it that other teams can make changes from one year to the next, or teams like the Eagles draft WR's in the draft and get them to produce right out of the box, or QB's become good by the end of their first or 2nd year. Stats can be flawed in many ways to look better for one team/player or the next. But year after year Trent and this team continues to struggle. Its a trend not a coincidence. The QB, Coaching Staff need to go.

It's NOT unfair. I haven't researched the rushing stats but I am 99.9999% sure this is true. Never has a QB that led the league in passing yards won a SB that year. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/lead...ngle_season.htm

Tom Brady's 30 passing TD's what did he get? a Big Fat ZERO. No Super Bowl Ring.

Trent Dilfer in Balto in 2000 what were his yards that season? 136.5 passing yards per game.

All I am saying is that you do not need a 4,000 yard passer to have a succesful team in the NFL.

Name the QB with 221.7 passing yards per game for his career. Hint .. he led his team to 4 straight super bowls.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KellJi00.htm

In 2006, Manning was within 20 yards of winning the passing yardage title and was first in TD's.

In 1999, Warner first in yardage and TD's..

In 1996, Favre was second in the league in yardage and first in TD's.

On the other hand, when's the last time a team won a SB when their QB has thrown 11 TD's?

Hell, even Trent Dilfer threw for 12 on a really bad Ravens offense.