What a suprise...

1billsfan

Just got on the board and just I expected it's all "Drew must go", which is so painfully obvious to even the staunchest of Drew Bledsoe supporters, with no mention of our offensive line play. Our offensive line is HORRIBLE, EMBARRASSING, WEAK, DISMAL, PUTRID, DISGUSTING and just plain PATHETIC. The Bills need to really think about what made the superbowl Bills teams great. It's the offensive line stupid. The time has come for the big fix. We need MW to move to guard, we need a new left tackle to replace Jennings who is no doubt going to leave here, we need a new center because Trey Teague is not going to cut it in the power running offense, and we need a new right tackle also. I don't know how they are going to do this but I suspect the second round of the 2005 draft would be a good start. I know it's not as much fun or sexy as bashing Drew this week, but Bills nation needs to come to grips with "THE PROBLEM" of this team and stop sugar coating it with the Bledsoe sucks montras.

Just got on the board and just I expected it's all "Drew must go", which is so painfully obvious to even the staunchest of Drew Bledsoe supporters, with no mention of our offensive line play. Our offensive line is HORRIBLE, EMBARRASSING, WEAK, DISMAL, PUTRID, DISGUSTING and just plain PATHETIC. The Bills need to really think about what made the superbowl Bills teams great. It's the offensive line stupid. The time has come for the big fix. We need MW to move to guard, we need a new left tackle to replace Jennings who is no doubt going to leave here, we need a new center because Trey Teague is not going to cut it in the power running offense, and we need a new right tackle also. I don't know how they are going to do this but I suspect the second round of the 2005 draft would be a good start. I know it's not as much fun or sexy as bashing Drew this week, but Bills nation needs to come to grips with "THE PROBLEM" of this team and stop sugar coating it with the Bledsoe sucks montras.

119974[/snapback]

Welcome to our point of view, April 2004. If only Donahoe was there with us at the time, maybe we would've addressed that on draft day. Oh well, there's always next year. Hahahahahaha!!!!!! Yeah, as if he'll pay any attention to the line then! He's been here 4 years and has done little other than draft one guy early and a bunch of average guys late.

119974[/snapback]

Our offensive line is mediocre. Not good, but not bad. Just mediocre. Middle of the road. Somewhere between a #15 and #20 ranked NFL OL unit.

With this line, along with Moulds and McGahee, there's NO excuse for our offense being as unproductive as it is.

Like it or not, most of the blame for our offense's lack of productivity goes right to Drew.

Sorry.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

I agree the line sucks, but it's a combo of both Drew and the pitiful line.

Between 15 and 20 Kelso ? I wish. More like 28-32 range imo.

We need at least one tackle and one interior o-lineman for next year. Draft or FA doesn't matter.

Our offensive line is mediocre. Not good, but not bad. Just mediocre. Middle of the road. Somewhere between a #15 and #20 ranked NFL OL unit.

With this line, along with Moulds and McGahee, there's NO excuse for our offense being as unproductive as it is.

Like it or not, most of the blame for our offense's lack of productivity goes right to Drew.

Sorry.

120000[/snapback]

I'm curious to know which 12-17 teams you think have worse offensive lines than Buffalo and why. No sarcasm, I really would like to know.

Welcome to our point of view, April 2004.  If only Donahoe was there with us at the time, maybe we would've addressed that on draft day.  Oh well, there's always next year.  Hahahahahaha!!!!!!  Yeah, as if he'll pay any attention to the line then!  He's been here 4 years and has done little other than draft one guy early and a bunch of average guys late.

119997[/snapback]

I only wish the fans here would move beyond the Drew thing. This problem is much much bigger that that one. Loseman is going to be the starter here very very soon, but I don't see why people are not looking at the biggest problem with the Bills. You can now put me in the DNBOLC (Draft Nothing But Offensive Lineman Club).

Welcome to our point of view, April 2004.  If only Donahoe was there with us at the time, maybe we would've addressed that on draft day.  Oh well, there's always next year.  Hahahahahaha!!!!!!  Yeah, as if he'll pay any attention to the line then!  He's been here 4 years and has done little other than draft one guy early and a bunch of average guys late.

119997[/snapback]

Where did NE get their guys from? Not high in the draft....

Where did NE get their guys from?  Not high in the draft....

120025[/snapback]

You're missing the point. It's not even a question of where they draft players, but it's the ability of the players they draft. This organization seems to miss the mark in evaluating talent more often than not. Not that we haven't seen success stories (Spikes, Adams, Miloy, Fletcher), but we have just as many, if not more, failures/disappointments (Gregg Williams, Pat Ruel, Kevin Gilbride, Ryan Denney, Mike Williams, just about any of the low round OL draft picks, etc.). This has to stop, whether he starts making better judgments or if he's let go. Either way, it has to stop.

LT: Jonas Jennings - average (maybe #15-#20) among starting LT's when healthy

LG: Ross Tucker - definitely our weakest link...probably between #25-#50 among starting left guards

C: Trey Teague - I don't know; everyone - including our so-called expert McNally - is saying how much he's improved so I'd give him a mediocre ranking for a starting NFL C (#15-#20)

RG: Chris Villarial - supposedly a top 10 RG when he was with the Bears

RT Mike Williams - right now inconsistent (#15-#20), but has the skills to be an easy top 10 RT in time

Disagree if you want. You may very well be right and I very well wrong. But to me, this offensive line - on an individual level - is mediocre (#15-#20) and has slowly gotten better each week as they get more and more experience playing together.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Slowly getting better, up until this past Sundays regression.

One step forward and two back.

I like your optimisic ratings though:

Jennings- I agree when he wants to play. Hurt way to much thus you can't even put him that high.

Tucker-gives a strong effort but is a backup.

Teague- ditto Tucker, another backup.

Vill- decent. No way is he top-10.

Williams- top-10 in time ? When does that time start ? Should be playing guard.

Slowly getting better, up until this past Sundays regression.

One step forward and two back.

I like your optimisic ratings though:

Jennings- I agree when he wants to play. Hurt way to much thus you can't even put him that high.

Tucker-gives a strong effort but is a backup.

Teague- ditto Tucker, another backup.

Vill- decent. No way is he top-10.

Williams- top-10 in time ? When does that time start ? Should be playing guard.

120095[/snapback]

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right.

All I'm saying is that I'd like to at least see another QB behind this OL and see how they perform under such a new scenario before so quickly assuming a #25-32 NFL OL ranking and demanding a total offseason overhaul.

If it is, in fact, also the OL and not just Bledsoe that is so awful (I'm talking bottom 25% of the leage awful), then fine.

But as of now, the way I see it, the OL is simply mediocre and has given Bledsoe enough time to do more than what he's done so far this season. With a competent QB behind our current OL, I'd say we'd be 5-4/6-3 instead of 3-6.

That's how bad I think Drew has made the rest of the offense look. No joke. No exaggeration.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right.

All I'm saying is that I'd like to at least see another QB behind this OL and see how they perform under such a new scenario before so quickly assuming a #25-32 NFL OL ranking and demanding a total offseason overhaul.

If it is, in fact, also the OL and not just Bledsoe that is so awful (I'm talking bottom 25% of the leage awful), then fine.

But as of now, the way I see it, the OL is simply mediocre and has given Bledsoe enough time to do more than what he's done so far this season. With a competent QB behind our current OL, I'd say we'd be 5-4/6-3 instead of 3-6.

That's how bad I think Drew has made the rest of the offense look. No joke. No exaggeration.

120136[/snapback]

You'e dreaming. IMO the Bills have the worst offensive line in the league (tied for last with the Giants). It's not just pass blocking, they can't create holes in the running game either. They couldn't create them for Travis and Willis is getting his yards on shear gile.

You'e dreaming. IMO the Bills have the worst offensive line in the league (tied for last with the Giants). It's not just pass blocking, they can't create holes in the running game either. They couldn't create them for Travis and Willis is getting his yards on shear gile.

120168[/snapback]

Fine. Maybe I'm dreaming and our Bills OL really is #31-32 in the league, but the Patriots thought the same about their OL in 2000. One year later, with a new QB, they turned out OK.

119974[/snapback]

Look...I don't think there is a single person on this Board who feels our O-Line is any better than barely average...

That being said, The Patsies were 13-21 in DB's last 34 Starts, allowing a rediculous 105 Sacks (3.09 per Game) in that span...The Pats did not come close to having a 1000 yd. rusher in either the 99 or 2000 Seasons, and their O-Line was bashed constantly for poor play...

Since Bledsoe, the Pats are an outrageous 48-13 with 2 Super Bowl Rings... The Pats O-Line has allowed 121 Sacks (2.12 Sacks per Game) in the 57 Regular Season Games with Brady at QB...

Now I'll grant anyone the fact that there are a million variables to these numbers...But lets face facts, it is what it is...Did the Pats O-Line, who added no Stars since the 2001 Season and have since lost Damien Woody, suddenly become one of the most talented in the NFL? Did the Coaching suddenly get that much better? There is one single variable that points directly to the Pats O-Line improvement and that variable was the QB change...

Now understand that I'm not saying inserting JP at QB will suddenly improve the play of the Bills O-Line, that is an unknown. What I am saying is the fact that there is history here that points to the possibility that Drew Bledsoe, and Drew Bledsoe alone, can greatly aide poor O-Line play for reasons that cannot necessarily be explained, but the results have been obvious... B)

LT: Jonas Jennings - average (maybe #15-#20) among starting LT's when healthy

LG: Ross Tucker - definitely our weakest link...probably between #25-#50 among starting left guards

C: Trey Teague - I don't know; everyone - including our so-called expert McNally - is saying how much he's improved so I'd give him a mediocre ranking for a starting NFL C (#15-#20)

RG: Chris Villarial - supposedly a top 10 RG when he was with the Bears

RT Mike Williams - right now inconsistent (#15-#20), but has the skills to be an easy top 10 RT in time

Disagree if you want. You may very well be right and I very well wrong. But to me, this offensive line - on an individual level - is mediocre (#15-#20) and has slowly gotten better each week as they get more and more experience playing together.

120045[/snapback]

Well then, it looks to me like mediocre simply isn't good enough, is it?

Why don't we make our o-line the absolute best in the NFL. Shouldn't that be the goal? With a line like that, we wouldn't need to have the best QB or best RB, right?

You're wrong there. It's not a "good offensive line" by any means, but Drew had PLENTY OF TIME ALL NIGHT. He hasn't been sacked in two games before he bumbled his way into two sacks that Erik FLowers could have made.

WAKE UP! It's DREW DREW DREW....He makes the line appear worse than it is, he make our receivers look helpless when they're not (Have you EVER seen Drew even LOOK at Sam Aiken? I thought so. )

If you're still in Drew denial, you must be family.

Well then, it looks to me like mediocre simply isn't good enough, is it?

Why don't we make our o-line the absolute best in the NFL.  Shouldn't that be the goal?  With a line like that, we wouldn't need to have the best QB or best RB, right?

120256[/snapback]

Well because of the way our team is structured under the salary cap, that may not be a possibility. The bulk of our money is tied up into the D and the skill positions on offense.

I gotta tell ya,

The line is not as bad as Bledsoe makes it look. His three good games he did some things well, and the line shined as a result. When Bledsoe gets confused, he just stands there, or dances on happy feet and can't do anything, and then gets sacked. A different QB (more mobile, and a better head) would really make the O line look good.

I think Williams is more a question of coaching than anything else. Giving a kid that kind of money and expecting him to be a mature football player is a rediculous concept. I don't think there is much discipline on the team, so he is doing what he wants. The contract Williams got is terrible. Should have been based on performance IMO.

I guess I'm saying get rid of Bledsoe and use some psychology on Williams and things could get better.

You're wrong there. It's not a "good offensive line" by any means, but Drew had PLENTY OF TIME ALL NIGHT. He hasn't been sacked in two games before he bumbled his way into two sacks that Erik FLowers could have made.

WAKE UP! It's DREW DREW DREW....He makes the line appear worse than it is, he make our receivers look helpless when they're not (Have you EVER seen Drew even LOOK at Sam Aiken? I thought so. )

If you're still in Drew denial, you must be family.

120272[/snapback]

I forget who wrote it a while back, but the quote was something like "Bledsoe will make a Good O-Line look average, and an average O-Line look horrible..."