Um, is it too early for this? But do the bills have a shot vs. texans?

yea i think we have a shot, houston doesnt have a great run game, ive got slaton on my fantasy team, and he doesnt do me any favors. also the coach for the texans has said publicly that he has NO problems abandoning the running game early if its not working. so if the bills could just slow the run down in the first qtr, then let byrd and the rest of our secondary do what they have been doing, getting the ballback for our O. ALSO jauron does have a very good record of winning games after the bye which gives me hope for tennessee too. but in the long run i still am trying not to get too excited, i can just see it now, we go on a great stretch down the second half, just to get knocked out of playoff hopes by the colts 2nd and 3rd string........deja-vu anyone???

Houston is doing better each year and that is good to see, but they are no way it the top half of the NFL. The Bills have just won two games, which in and of itself is impressive. Add they did it on the road. The D is playing inspired football and the O, well they are finding a way to be good enough, even if its ugly. Sure they can still lose this game and if they are the Bills of the past few years, they will find a way to do this. But they have the opportunity to go into the off week 4-4 with a negotiable schedule for the next 8 games. I say the home crowd will be on fire and this Bills team seems to be learning how to win. Call it ugly, but call it a win 24-20 Bills.

Jeez-calling a game on fantasy football. Well lets see. TO is doing squat for me. But Buffalos D and Lindell is kicking ass for me. So how should I call it? Regardless, I'm a Bills fan. I hope they kick butt and I can sit in the stands and not sweat the 4th quarter.

Of course they do. DJ has developed a whole new strategy (kinda like the Jedi Mind Trick).

It involves seeming to play completely incompetently. First these Bills establish themselves in the minds of the other team as Buffoons.

Passes to no one, clear paths to the QB, running backs avoiding holes and running directly to tacklers, dropping passes, false starts, lining up in the neutral zone, bad timeouts, not starting their best players, general confusion in the backfield, topped off by using a no-huddle (have I missed anything? I'm sure I did because this offense is TRULY COMPLICATED).

Then, and only then, while the other team has lulled themselves into comfort, THEY STRIKE!! Then it only takes 2 or 3 competently executed plays a game, plays they have worked REALLY HARD on in practice, (in fact they might intentionally only work on 3 or 4 plays ALL WEEK) to get a score or two.

Basically, the idea is "if we don't know what we are doing, then there is NO WAY the defense can figure us out!". It's brilliant.

I can picture this thing being copied around the league, like the Wildcat.

The Rope-A-Dope!

This team might win out. That's right! You read it here first! Win the F*c* Out baby!

I've asked the same question the last 2 weeks and things have turned out good...Can we actually beat the Texans at home? I haven't been following them much this year, but I hear Slaton is a beast.

Crossing my fingers to go 4-4 heading into the bye.

go Bills!

We have a shot. Our pass d is solid. Our run D plays well in spurts. the scoring D is most important, and we are playing pretty well considering the imcompetence of the offense. I like our chance to get a little bit of offensive momentum, building on solid D- play, coupled with home field advantage...I like the Bills to pull out the game.

Here is how the Texans have done so far this season:

Vs. Jets L 24-7

@ Titans W 34-31

Vs. Jaguars L 31-24

Vs. Raiders W 29-6

@ Cardinals L 28-21

@ Bengals W 28-17

Vs. 49'ers W 24-21

The Texans are a difficult team to understand. No doubt they have talent. They lost a pair of heartbreakers to the Jaguars & Cardinals, but beat the Bengals after Cincy's big upset over Pittsburgh. They had a 21-0 lead over the 49'ers at halftime, and had to hang on to win 24-21. Did you all know that the 49'ers put Alex Smith in at QB during the 2nd half?

I think the Bills defense can beat any team.

The offense is another story. I dread the thought of how our O-Line will be against Mario Williams.

Here is how the Texans have done so far this season:

Vs. Jets L 24-7

@ Titans W 34-31

Vs. Jaguars L 31-24

Vs. Raiders W 29-6

@ Cardinals L 28-21

@ Bengals W 28-17

Vs. 49'ers W 24-21

The Texans are a difficult team to understand. No doubt they have talent. They lost a pair of heartbreakers to the Jaguars & Cardinals, but beat the Bengals after Cincy's big upset over Pittsburgh. They had a 21-0 lead over the 49'ers at halftime, and had to hang on to win 24-21. Did you all know that the 49'ers put Alex Smith in at QB during the 2nd half?

I think the Bills defense can beat any team.

The offense is another story. I dread the thought of how our O-Line will be against Mario Williams.

they are inconsistent...the same way they were last yr.