Terrance Cody - DT

JimBob2232

We are struggling with stuffing the run, and I saw this guy play yesterday vs. Tennessee, and WOW was he a beast. Now, admittedly I dont know much about him, but I couldnt help but think this is EXACTLY the type of guy we need next to Stroud. He looks like a 1/2 round selection based on projections I have seen at this point...

Thoughts?

Interesting if the Bills draft a 'real' Cody.

I can't figure out Kyle Williams. Sometimes, he really seems to be making plays with great energy and intensity. I like Stroud and Schobel, and Kelsay is even having a better year than I remember him having in a little while. So it seems like the individuals are fine.

But the defensive line is clearly not getting it done, and I have no idea who to blame anymore. Is it just that Williams and Kelsay are getting noticed for making a -2 yard stuff on 4th down or a QB hurry and failing to make the 2 yard stops so the plays become 8 yard gains?

Or is this all on the LBs?

yes it is amjority of time the LBs. our front 4 has been pretty solid. stroud and williams are still eating up blockers and making plays in the backfield often enough. stroud has a ton of tackles for a DT. on a better team he'd be gettin a lot of publicity.

would love to have Cody. we need someone to replace stroud in a few years and it be nice to have someone like big pat or ted again. next year we NEED an OT, DT and LBs badly. frankly i'd take those over a QB at this point unless we can get one in the mid rounds. i def dont go first round on McCoy, Bradford or that kid from washington. maybe Tebow in the 3rd or 4th if he's there. if not, maybe derek anderson? he probably needs a change of scenary much like edwards.

Bill,

Since you follow the Tide, can you tell me why he's not considered a 1st-round prospect?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Is it all questions of conditioning and commitment?

Why do people automatically assume the "problem" is commitment and conditioning?

Maybe the "problem" is he doesn't generate all the "pretty" stats that seem to mesmerize the draft gurus?

This guy gets it:

Linky