Trent's problem

ottawabills

The offensive line has been shaky at times this year. I think they are most shaky in fourth quarters where the Bills are behind and defenses can pin their ears back. I don't feel TE is under anymore pressure than half the teams in the league. TE holds the ball to long and doesn't move well in the pocket. Unless the play is designed for TE to move outside the hashes he can't make plays. Even then he holds it forever. I just don't see him making plays with or without immediate pressure.

Unfortunately, Edwards has many of the same traits as JP and most QBs who wash out of the NFL.

:censored::thumbsup:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
hahahaha, flip flopping again...classic dog14787

Dude, make up your mind. One week Trent is better than Jim Kelly and "magical". Then, after you got flamed unmercifully by so many posters for literally inventing a fake second concussion last season to try and make yet another excuse for him, you flip flop in the very same thread 2 posts later to say Trent does suck and isnt an NFL QB...you literally called for Fitz to start.

You also ball washed AVP and called for him to be HC. Now you are once again making excuses for Trent and actually blaming your beloved AVP as an additional excuse?

So, I am asking you right now, which is it? You have said Trent is better than Jim Kelly, and you have also said 2 weeks ago he isnt an NFL QB and Fitz should be starting. Now you are back to making excuses for Trent...

Piece of advice, if you are going to go from one side to the other on so many topics so many times, maybe you shouldnt call everyone a "retard", "idiot", "moron", "dumbass", etc. considering how often you "change" your mind (aka, flip flop)

What is it with you and the flip flop, is your mind that one track that you have to start this BS on every damn thread that mentions Trent Edwards and make everyone listen to your BS over and over and over again.

Being the Bills fan from Ottawa is my gimmick. Please find another one...thanks!

:cry:

On Trent, it's not the concussion in Arizona, he played great against San Diego and KC following the hit. It's simply a confidence issue. Our melbatoast coach has put fear into taking risks with his "play not to lose" mentality. Throwing a ball into tight coverage or a moving target means the chance of a pick. And Jauron's game plan is set so that one mistake means a loss.

I hope Trent takes the rest of the year off and comes back and CHALLENGES FOR THE STARTING POSITION AGAINST SUITABLE COMPETITION (no gimmes in camp next year) under a new staff that understands how to build an offense.

No offense but this forum has got to stop excusing Trent's limitted abilities by blaming the HC. Jauron is no Lombardi, but blaming him for the constant checkdowns by his starter won't wash anymore, especially after we saw Fitzpatrick throw the ball on time, down the field, and in the pattern last week. Although Fitzpatrick aint the most accurate passer, at least he did what he was supposed to do, throw the damend ball when and in the vicinity of where he was supposed to.

Trent may be as smart, he may have as good an arm, but he doesn't have the confidence to throw the damned ball. In the first series that Fitzpatrick was in last week he looked horrible, throwing the ball behind or under receivers, etc. but I liked seeing a QB try to execute the play as designed, not try to not commit an error.

Many have saying all week long that the Jets were foolish to continue letting, (making), Sanchez throw the ball, but in the long run he'll be better off for it because they showed confidence in his ability. All the truly great ones, including P. Manning, J. Kelly, B. Favre, S. Young, etc. went through a rough period, but they kept throwing they ball without fear. This kid Fitzpatrck came into the game cold, was given a play and threw the damned ball. It wasn't on target often but it was time. As the game went on the receivers began to adjust to a QB that threw the ball when he was supposed to and although only a couple were really accurate, the slant to L. Evans and the reversal to Evans in OT, the receivers actually began to catch the ball. They began to realize that even though they might be covered to some extent, the ball could still be coming because the QB had more confidence on in them than he had in the DB(s) defending.

That, IMHO, is the difference between TE and a starting QB in this league, not the fact that the coaching staff is lacking.

What is it with you and the flip flop, is your mind that one track that you have to start this BS on every damn thread that mentions Trent Edwards and make everyone listen to your BS over and over and over again.

LOL...I love how you ignore the question...but thats to be expected from you...

Your one track comment has no relevance to the post above or to the fact you spew so much flip flopping gibberish that you dont even realize how many times a week you completely contradict yourself.

Wouldnt be a big deal if you werent calling everyone retards for saying something then flip flopping and saying the very same thing you called them retards for saying. The best part is when you flip sides, you start calling the other side (which you were just on) retards too...even funnier yet, you often flip back to that other side and later flip again. Just depends on each thread and what the popular sentiment is in each thread.

Do you understand the stupidity in that? Probably not...none the less its hilarious

Guest dog14787
LOL...I love how you ignore the question...but thats to be expected from you...

Your one track comment has no relevance to the post above or to the fact you spew so much flip flopping gibberish that you dont even realize how many times a week you completely contradict yourself.

Wouldnt be a big deal if you werent calling everyone retards for saying something then flip flopping and saying the very same thing you called them retards for saying. The best part is when you flip sides, you start calling the other side (which you were just on) retards too...even funnier yet, you often flip back to that other side and later flip again. Just depends on each thread and what the popular sentiment is in each thread.

Do you understand the stupidity in that? Probably not...none the less its hilarious

Why don't you take your sorry ass and look back over the polls from one time period to the next if you want to see flip flopping in greater numbers, in the hundreds, even thousands because it is a what have you done for me lately world. Take a look at the fluctuation in our presidents approval rating, dogonit, at the flip flopping going on, don't you think you should investigate so much flip flopping, I'm a flip flopping MO FO, so what, get over it.

and just to set the record straight I back all the Bills starting QB's, backed Losman, Edwards and now Fitzpatrick and everyone knows as much so your rambling makes you sound like a lunatic. Whats wrong, mommy not giving you enough attention, is that the problem with the little baby who can't stand not to get his way, awwww, how cute. :cry:

No offense but this forum has got to stop excusing Trent's limitted abilities by blaming the HC. Jauron is no Lombardi, but blaming him for the constant checkdowns by his starter won't wash anymore, especially after we saw Fitzpatrick throw the ball on time, down the field, and in the pattern last week. Although Fitzpatrick aint the most accurate passer, at least he did what he was supposed to do, throw the damend ball when and in the vicinity of where he was supposed to.

Trent may be as smart, he may have as good an arm, but he doesn't have the confidence to throw the damned ball. In the first series that Fitzpatrick was in last week he looked horrible, throwing the ball behind or under receivers, etc. but I liked seeing a QB try to execute the play as designed, not try to not commit an error.

Many have saying all week long that the Jets were foolish to continue letting, (making), Sanchez throw the ball, but in the long run he'll be better off for it because they showed confidence in his ability. All the truly great ones, including P. Manning, J. Kelly, B. Favre, S. Young, etc. went through a rough period, but they kept throwing they ball without fear. This kid Fitzpatrck came into the game cold, was given a play and threw the damned ball. It wasn't on target often but it was time. As the game went on the receivers began to adjust to a QB that threw the ball when he was supposed to and although only a couple were really accurate, the slant to L. Evans and the reversal to Evans in OT, the receivers actually began to catch the ball. They began to realize that even though they might be covered to some extent, the ball could still be coming because the QB had more confidence on in them than he had in the DB(s) defending.

That, IMHO, is the difference between TE and a starting QB in this league, not the fact that the coaching staff is lacking.

I agree. I can't believe posters here think that somehow DJ and the OC are keeping Trent from passing the ball downfield. There are receivers running deep routes, there has been plays where the protection is there, Trent just doesn't throw it. That's all on Trent.

Yes, the coaches suck, but they are not holding back Trent. Are we to believe that he thinks they will bench him. Trent surely knows that the coaches don't have any other options.

He is afraid to try the tough throws.

Let Trent sit out until after the bye week to just watch. Hopefully he'll be able to see for himself the throws he's been missing. BTW, watched that USFL: Small Potatoes movie on ESPN the other day...it was both great and sad to watch Kelly throw the ball all over the field. He was soooo good...We need a QB with some balls and a gunslinger mentality a la Jimbo before we'll be able to seriously contend again.

In the mean time they should concentrate on boosting up the D over the offseason and become a Defensive team that runs the ball well (Freddy and Marshawn are a great 1 - 2 punch) and let trent or fitz "manage" the game a la Orton until we're able to draft that stud QB to take us to the promise land.

its funny you mention become a defensive team...isnt that what they were supposed to be under Jauron from the begining? 4th year and the defense isnt any better and in fact much worse then when he took over

Guest dog14787
its funny you mention become a defensive team...isnt that what they were supposed to be under Jauron from the begining? 4th year and the defense isnt any better and in fact much worse then when he took over

We should have just stayed with Greg Williams, the Bills might have won a championship by now. :cry:

Why don't you take your sorry ass and look back over the polls from one time period to the next if you want to see flip flopping in greater numbers, in the hundreds, even thousands because it is a what have you done for me lately world. Take a look at the fluctuation in our presidents approval rating, dogonit, at the flip flopping going on, don't you think you should investigate so much flip flopping, I'm a flip flopping MO FO, so what, get over it.

and just to set the record straight I back all the Bills starting QB's, backed Losman, Edwards and now Fitzpatrick and everyone knows as much so your rambling makes you sound like a lunatic. Whats wrong, mommy not giving you enough attention, is that the problem with the little baby who can't stand not to get his way, awwww, how cute. :cry:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...you are too much

Guest dog14787
Why not Marv Levy? Or Bill Polian? Heck, why not stick with the only coach that won a championship Lou Saban? Ralph should've held a gun to his head and forced him to stay. Damn. :cry:

Defense wins championships and Greg Williams is the best DC in the league right now in my opinion so whats your point?

Defense wins championships and Greg Williams is the best DC in the league right now in my opinion so whats your point?

The same Gregg Williams everyone wanted fired? But, I am sure you didnt right...just like you said you predicted Tom Brady would be this great at the draft, the guy with the single worst combine performance in NFL history and was a 7th round pick...

First off, who was going to QB us to this fabled championship under Williams? I mean he is a defensive coach, so what offense could he have put on the field to win us a championship? That anemic offense he had when he was here? LMAO...

And, the defense wins championship is so cliche...Look at the SB winners and you will offense has been the difference in more SB's thant defense. How many times in the last 20 years has a defense carried a team to a SB win? Heck, how many low scoring SB's have we had in the last 20 years?

I am not saying it never happens, but that phrase is outdated...

You may find this interesting.

Williams turned down a contract extension last spring. The former Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator became the Bills' head coach in February 2001, replacing Wade Phillips.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1695981

Williams was never fired. He walked away.

Guest dog14787
You may find this interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1695981

Williams was never fired. He walked away.

Why are you showing us an article that disputes what you are saying, I'm not sure I follow you , but I do have a good buzz going. :cry:

Didn't it have something to do with Tom Donohoe wanting part of Williams coaching staff removed and Greg Williams refused to fire one of his assistant's so he was fired.

I'm going by memory so I'm probably wrong :cry:

Guest dog14787
The same Gregg Williams everyone wanted fired? But, I am sure you didnt right...just like you said you predicted Tom Brady would be this great at the draft, the guy with the single worst combine performance in NFL history and was a 7th round pick...

First off, who was going to QB us to this fabled championship under Williams? I mean he is a defensive coach, so what offense could he have put on the field to win us a championship? That anemic offense he had when he was here? LMAO...

And, the defense wins championship is so cliche...Look at the SB winners and you will offense has been the difference in more SB's thant defense. How many times in the last 20 years has a defense carried a team to a SB win? Heck, how many low scoring SB's have we had in the last 20 years?

I am not saying it never happens, but that phrase is outdated...

How many SB champions do you think you will find that are not ranked in the top ten on defense over the last decade or two, I haven't looked but I suspect the defenses on most SB Championship teams are ranked high.

In the big dance, defenses still win championships. Ask the G-men

I think that Trent's problem is he doesn't understand when to release a ball into a route.

He definitely does not know how to throw a timing pattern - whether a slant, curl or even the deep route.

He seems to have lost all his confidence and looks completely lost out there

It's maddening to see that he can only seem to throw to a receiver that's wide open (usually the checkdown).

I much like most of you watch avidly and PVR the heck out of the game.....the O-line is not the greatest but on most drop-backs he has 4 - 6 seconds to get rid of the ball........that's enough time........look at A. Rodgers in GB - he's getting clobbered and has less time but he's had quite a few hook-ups and understands when to get rid of the ball into a pattern.......that is an instinct and trent just doesn't have it..........or he did have it but lost it........I think that is the major difference in winning and losing this year.........If you have a QB that get's it you win games........Let's see how Ryan's Hope plays this Sunday and the next couple weeks.......it's not too far fetched to see if this team pulls that aspect of it's game together we can still make the playoff's - you heard it hear first - sit down and look at the schedule that's left.......it's doable! Possibly as good as 11-5..........after all - look at the beggining of the season last year........If we can have a finish like we started last year - maybe we will be back in the playoffs before long!!!

And what do you do for a living? How many QB's have you coached? And what in put do you have durning the QB meettings?

It's a bad sign when a QB will only throw to a wide open guy (mostly checkdowns or a quick "out" pattern) or a bomb that can only be a reception or overthrown. Trent is stuck in this mode and i remeber JP being stuck in the same mode. They either don't have the ability or confidence to throw it in there over a LB or stick it between two DB's. They certainly don't trust their WR to make a play on a ball that is thrown into coverage. Fitzpatrick seems a little more willing to take some chances. That may result in a pick or two but it also can result in a big play.

EXACTLY!

Trent Edwards problem is an inexperienced O-line and OC along with a HC who should be coaching the DB's.

Trent Edwards problem is the bone headed FO that decided to get cute and revamp a decent O-line in the offseason.

Trent Edwards problem is the Buffalo Bills don't have a clue on how to do anything right including develop a QB without getting him killed. :cry:

Don't forget his weak arm.