Amusing Poz quote

eSJayDee

Come on Lori, stop it with the facts..... People have an agenda and you are killing it! :unsure:

Remember, though, what I cited wasn't the quote from the original post. I'll have to see if I can find that one.

Okay, here we are:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/19/r...-a-near-record/

“We were upset with the amount of rushing yards they had, but the vast majority was on just two plays,” said Paul Posluszny. ”On both of those plays we knew we just made mistakes. We got out of our gaps and we knew it was something we could easily correct. When Perry came in at halftime he said all we had to do was not panic, stick with our game plan and stick with everything we know and it worked out for us.”

Similar, but not exact. Wondering if Brown joined the conversation during his answer.

Come on Lori, stop it with the facts..... People have an agenda and you are killing it! :unsure:

What's wrong with looking for a team leader that would have answered that question with a little more anger.

Again, I ask you this......Do you think Ray Lewis would have answered the question the way Poz did?

And I'm with Lori on this.....I know, from being a Penn State fan alone that Poz really cares about his team and his personal game, but my god, if the players aren't taking after their deadbeat coach, I don't know who is.

Would it actually hurt for someone on this team to show some anger, self confidence, and cockiness? This team has ZERO swagger....you know....the way most losing teams do.

In other words, they are an exact image of their head coach.

When emotion is high, sense is low.

Yup. I hate to keep droning on about my own experiences, but ...

Last week, a couple of kids put up some pretty impressive stats in the game I covered. One was the coach's son, who ran for a buck-eighty ... and said coach, who's a decent quote and no simpleton, didn't have a CLUE he had anywhere near that many yards. Doubt PP had a chance to check the box score before the postgame interviews.

Yup. I hate to keep droning on about my own experiences, but ...

Last week, a couple of kids put up some pretty impressive stats in the game I covered. One was the coach's son, who ran for a buck-eighty ... and said coach, who's a decent quote and no simpleton, didn't have a CLUE he had anywhere near that many yards. Doubt PP had a chance to check the box score before the postgame interviews.

So, you guys don't think that you can tell you are getting pushed around on the football field all game, even to the tune of 5 yards per carry? You most definately can. I'm sure he didn't know how many yards they gave up, but you can tell you are getting beat at the point of attack. He knew they weren't stopping the run. And, if anything, they should pride themselves on not giving up any big plays, which alone should have made him a bit testy.

Poz is young, and the way writers hang and try to make a story out of nothing makes a lot of people not say anything anymore. But come on, get pissed off once in while that you sucked. It would be refreshing. But I also understand that this is why all we now usually get anymore is the standard....."well, I'll have to look at the tape". Blah blah blah blah blah.

So, you guys don't think that you can tell you are getting pushed around on the football field all game, even to the tune of 5 yards per carry? You most definately can. I'm sure he didn't know how many yards they gave up, but you can tell you are getting beat at the point of attack. He knew they weren't stopping the run. And, if anything, they should pride themselves on not giving up any big plays, which alone should have made him a bit testy.

Poz is young, and the way writers hang and try to make a story out of nothing makes a lot of people not say anything anymore. But come on, get pissed off once in while that you sucked. It would be refreshing. But I also understand that this is why all we now usually get anymore is the standard....."well, I'll have to look at the tape". Blah blah blah blah blah.

Not sure how you can accurately judge his demeanor from his quotes; for all we know, where Chuck typed "incredulously," he might have said those few sentences in a "you gotta be bleepin' kidding me" tone. Or not.

FWIW, Chuck's story is now online:

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2...84794533525.txt

What's wrong with looking for a team leader that would have answered that question with a little more anger.

Again, I ask you this......Do you think Ray Lewis would have answered the question the way Poz did?

And I'm with Lori on this.....I know, from being a Penn State fan alone that Poz really cares about his team and his personal game, but my god, if the players aren't taking after their deadbeat coach, I don't know who is.

Would it actually hurt for someone on this team to show some anger, self confidence, and cockiness? This team has ZERO swagger....you know....the way most losing teams do.

In other words, they are an exact image of their head coach.

He had came back in about a month from his 2nd broken arm, won a hard fought game, and had an INT to set up the winning score. Additionally, we have 2 healthy DTs, lost a starting LB, and our best 2 run support safties. I really have no idea what your possible beef with Poz is.