Are the Bills Retarded?

SouthernMan

First we have McKelvin's opening day F-up, with Jauron's rousing endorsement.

Last week, Roscoe tried to out-McKelvin McKelvin with the punt flub.

Yesterday, TE Nelson catches a ball 4 yards shy of the first down, is in the middle of the field and it's wide open straight ahead. Instead, he opts to run to his right and into the arms of a Jet defender, falling short of the first down. DUH!

Then, we have Rhodes Scholar Marshawn Lynch's patented run that goes: 3 yards to the right, stop, 2 yards forward, tackled. He looks like the friggin' knight from a chess game.

Later, the Bills are a the Jet 5 or 6 yard line (or thereabouts) with a 2nd and 1. They call a fade pass to the end zone. Incomplete. C'ome on! WTF?!?! Their goal should have been to run for that first down and a new set of downs.

With 3 downs in their pocket, they didn't have enough faith in their ground game to churn out 1 yard and a first and goal at the 4 yd line? Naturally, they screw it up and settle for a field goal. The game may never have need OT if they had kept going and gotten the TD.

On the other hand, they could very well have fumbled to the Jets, reverted back 20 or more yards from sacks, been penalized for 30 yards, or some other often used weapon from their 2009 arsenal whereby they pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

This team just plays stupid. For all the Yale and Harvard credentials, they look more like Bryant and Stratton dropouts.

One of the reasons the Pats have been so successful this decade is because they play smart. The Bills play weally toopid.

Any chance they might add football to the Special Olympics?

Yesterday, TE Nelson catches a ball 4 yards shy of the first down, is in the middle of the field and it's wide open straight ahead. Instead, he opts to run to his right and into the arms of a Jet defender, falling short of the first down. DUH!

Then, we have Rhodes Scholar Marshawn Lynch's patented run that goes: 3 yards to the right, stop, 2 yards forward, tackled. He looks like the friggin' knight from a chess game.

Later, the Bills are a the Jet 5 or 6 yard line (or thereabouts) with a 2nd and 1. They call a fade pass to the end zone. Incomplete. C'ome on! WTF?!?! Their goal should have been to run for that first down and a new set of downs.

With 3 downs in their pocket, they didn't have enough faith in their ground game to churn out 1 yard and a first and goal at the 4 yd line? Naturally, they screw it up and settle for a field goal. The game may never have need OT if they had kept going and gotten the TD.

On the other hand, they could very well have fumbled to the Jets, reverted back 20 or more yards from sacks, been penalized for 30 yards, or some other often used weapon from their 2009 arsenal whereby they pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

This team just plays stupid. For all the Yale and Harvard credentials, they look more like Bryant and Stratton dropouts.

One of the reasons the Pats have been so successful this decade is because they play smart. The Bills play weally toopid.

You must be a new Bills fan, those of us that have been around are numb to that stuff. Happens all the time in Bills Country.

Yesterday, TE Nelson catches a ball 4 yards shy of the first down, is in the middle of the field and it's wide open straight ahead. Instead, he opts to run to his right and into the arms of a Jet defender, falling short of the first down

:P It was retarded .... and obvious to everybody

We could do without the retarded and Special Olympics comments...

Your question should have been.

"Are the Bills poorly coached and unprepared?"

If you consider the players given too much ability to make executive choices and are not given much formal discipline. Then yes, that may be poor coaching.

IMO... You don't want DJ or old-time (what he used to be) Tom Coughlin.

The best is in the middle.

We could do without the retarded and Special Olympics comments...

The Bills/Retard comparison is an obvious metaphor, and yes it's harsh, but that's the way I write and think.

So sue me an call the PC police.

Certainly, I have nothing but respect for the participants in the actual Special Olympics. God bless 'em. They're making the most of their ability and giving 100% effort for nothing other than the love of competition.

You wanna talk about the origins of the Special Olympics? There's a topic for ya!

It was started largely by funding from those wonderful Kennedys, who needed emotional reconcilation, and freeing themselves from guilt after having their daughter/sibling, Rosemary, given a full frontal lobotamy. They said she was "retarded" and was an inspiration for their involvement in the special olympics.

Total Bullsht.

She was a reasonably normal kid, but not quite up to Kennedy standards in the intellectual/academia department. In Buffalo, she'd have been in the National Honor Society.

Being a little slow, and a bit wild (as the hormones heated up), old Joe thought, "we'll just get her a lobotomy - that'll keep her from touching herself in front of the Roosevelts". Well, poor Rosemary came out of the surgury looking like Nicholson's McMurphy, in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. There must've been a collective Kennedy "oops" when they saw her condition. It was a good way to justify putting her away in a special needs facility, never againt to embarrass those dashing Kennedys with such bright futures awaiting them. The Special Olympics was a wonderful cause, even if part of the incentive was to relieve their guilty consciences from permanently destroying their family member's brain - making her "retarded".

The Bills/Retard comparison is an obvious metaphor, and yes it's harsh, but that's the way I write and think.

Certainly, I have nothing but respect for the participants in the actual Special Olympics. God bless 'em. They're making the most of their ability and giving 100% effort for nothing other than the love of competition.

You wanna talk about the origins of the Special Olympics? There's a topic for ya!

It was started largely by funding from those wonderful Kennedys, who needed emotional reconcilation, and freeing themselves from guilt after having their daughter/sibling, Rosemary, given a full frontal lobotamy. They said she was "retarded" and was an inspiration for their involvement in the special olympics.

Total Bullsht.

She was a reasonably normal kid, but not quite up to Kennedy standards in the intellectual/academia department. In Buffalo, she'd have been in the National Honor Society.

Being a little slow, and a bit wild (as the hormones heated up), old Joe thought, "we'll just get her a lobotomy - that'll keep her from touching herself in front of the Roosevelts". Well, poor Rosemary came out of the surgury looking like Nicholson's McMurphy, in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. There must've been a collective Kennedy "oops" when they saw her condition. It was a good way to justify putting her away in a special needs facility, never againt to embarrass those dashing Kennedys with such bright futures awaiting them. The Special Olympics was a wonderful cause, even if part of the incentive was to relieve their guilty consciences from permanently destroying their family member's brain - making her "retarded".

:P

Total Bullsht.

With the swimmer gone we must be close to the end of the family line.

The sooner they fade into history the better.

The Chess game comment is great.... Change the Title "retard" no need...

Total Bullsht.

I appreciate your attempt at humor and I am far from a fan of the Kennedy's. As far as your not being PC; what a lame comment from an obviously intelligent individual. I have volunteered to help with disabled and mentally challenged kids and can only hope you sit back and think about these types of comments. I hope you never have a family situation involving kids like this. The challenges they face deserve better than someone who thinks it is funny to not be "PC". I used to think these types of comments were funny until I got involved trying to help these poor kids and their families.

I know that my comments are non-football related but what you have written is just wrong... PC or no PC.

Or could we do without freedom of speech, and the 1st Amendment?

I'm getting increasingly tired about how people proscribe other folk's words, and attempt to suppress their speech... :w00t:

Sorry to offend you... I try to stay away from arguments on this board; it was just a comment that hit close to my heart. I will have no further comment on this matter.

I appreciate your attempt at humor and I am far from a fan of the Kennedy's. As far as your not being PC; what a lame comment from an obviously intelligent individual. I have volunteered to help with disabled and mentally challenged kids and can only hope you sit back and think about these types of comments. I hope you never have a family situation involving kids like this. The challenges they face deserve better than someone who thinks it is funny to not be "PC". I used to think these types of comments were funny until I got involved trying to help these poor kids and their families.

I know that my comments are non-football related but what you have written is just wrong... PC or no PC.

Way to misconstrue my sentiments!

I guess you missed this part:

"Certainly, I have nothing but respect for the participants in the actual Special Olympics. God bless 'em. They're making the most of their ability and giving 100% effort for nothing other than the love of competition."

There was never a single comment aimed at "actual" special olympians or mentally challenged individuals. Sorry if the archaic and outdated word "retard" offends anyone. And my hat's off to you for your work with the participants. I'm guessing it's more rewarding than burdensome. Thank God for people like you.

I guess my point is that if the Bills are giving their all, well, that's all you can expect. But, I have little tolerence for lack of focus and just plain stupidity displayed in recent weeks by the Bills and the staff, that may have cost them a couple of wins.

Way to misconstrue my sentiments!

I guess you missed this part:

"Certainly, I have nothing but respect for the participants in the actual Special Olympics. God bless 'em. They're making the most of their ability and giving 100% effort for nothing other than the love of competition."

There was never a single comment aimed at "actual" special olympians or mentally challenged individuals. Sorry if the archaic and outdated word "retard" offends anyone. And my hat's off to you for your work with the participants. I'm guessing it's more rewarding than burdensome. Thank God for people like you.

I guess my point is that if the Bills are giving their all, well, that's all you can expect. But, I have little tolerence for lack of focus and just plain stupidity displayed in recent weeks by the Bills and the staff, that may have cost them a couple of wins.

Thanks for your comments and I will call it a day. As I just mentioned in an earlier comment to another poster... it is just a situation that I find offensive. I would be wise just to live with it and not read more into it than is meant. Thanks.