So... maybe Edwards is the problem?

Not to be a jerk but I said "totaled" not dented. Totaled means the repair costs are in excess of the vehicles actual value :worthy: In other words it's not worth the effort. Even if you do fix the "corvette" you still have a vehicle that was at one point demolished and will never be what it was before the accident.

Who cares how he got to the state he has, the point is it's not worth sticking with him. That being said I would like to see Fitz play a few games to see what he has. If he succeeds and then we put back in Edwards and he fails again perhaps the Trent apologists will shut up and not be able to complain that he got the JP Losman treatment even though they didn't accept that as a valid excuse for JP either.

But we don't know if TE's worth the effort or not. For all we know he could come back from his injury and be really good. He could also be terrible. I'd give him a few games after his injury and if hes still bad then bench him.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you Evans would rather have Fritz than Edwards. Like Deion Sanders said, Evans been open all year . The differance is Fritz is not afraid to throw it to Evans.

Do you really think Sanders watches Bills games? LOL! Give me a break. Evans hasn't been open all year.

I don't count myself a big Trent fan but I feel the need to support him since he is not as bad as everyones been making him out. The way he has been playing than MAYBE SOME backups would outplay him but just look at Mark Sanchez. TE played way better than him and hes a starter.

I'll give you that today. Our defense made Sanchez look like the rookie he is. Obviously he has been thrown into the fire to see what he has. If Trent were playing the 6th game of his NFL career it would be a better comparison.

The one thing I will say is not fact or stat related but it's simple math:

(Mark Sanchez Balls) = 5 x (Trent Edwards Balls)

Do you really think Sanders watches Bills games? LOL! Give me a break. Evans hasn't been open all year.

Yes, it's his or at least his researcher's job! ....WRONG!!!!! Evans has been open! Keep swingin' from the sack though!!

But we don't know if TE's worth the effort or not. For all we know he could come back from his injury and be really good. He could also be terrible. I'd give him a few games after his injury and if hes still bad then bench him.

Agreed. Personally my bet is on fail but we should give him the chance if not for anything else to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he sucks. Just like JP I guess we just have to accept that no matter how bad he looks someone will make excuses for his poor play and blame it on someone else.

I'll give you that today. Our defense made Sanchez look like the rookie he is. Obviously he has been thrown into the fire to see what he has. If Trent were playing the 6th game of his NFL career it would be a better comparison.

The one thing I will say is not fact or stat related but it's simple math:

(Mark Sanchez Balls) = 5 x (Trent Edwards Balls)

The only thing that seperates TE from being a good QB is his confidence. He's shown he has what it takes but he lost his confidence. If he can't get his confidence back that I agree with everyone that TE is a bad QB but we don't know that so I

still haven't given up on him.

In the NFL network show "Playbook", they showed plays where recievers were open down field and Edwards was checking off to runningback. Maybe Sterlin Sharpe told him how our QB has no balls.

The only thing that seperates TE from being a good QB is his confidence. He's shown he has what it takes but he lost his confidence. If he can't get his confidence back that I agree with everyone that TE is a bad QB but we don't know that so I

still haven't given up on him.

I don't know if I feel like watching the Bills lose while "Stella" tries to get her groove back. Unless we have some plan for making this happen, waiting for some magical rebirth of confidence is waste of our time. This is a business and a team. Fans and the other 52 players on the roster shouldn't be made to suffer in the hopes that this happens. If we have a plan and Trent can be coached to take the chances that Fitz did then fine. If not Trent doesn't deserve it.

Where are all of the people that say that Trent plays "trentative" because he is taking on the personality of his coach and that that is the way he is instructed to play? Didn't seem to be the case with Fitz :worthy:

I don't know if I feel like watching the Bills lose while "Stella" tries to get her groove back. Unless we have some plan for making this happen, waiting for some magical rebirth of confidence is waste of our time. This is a business and a team. Fans and the other 52 players on the roster shouldn't be made to suffer in the hopes that this happens. If we have a plan and Trent can be coached to take the chances that Fitz did then fine. If not Trent doesn't deserve it.

Where are all of the people that say that Trent plays "trentative" because he is taking on the personality of his coach and that that is the way he is instructed to play? Didn't seem to be the case with Fitz :worthy:

Give it time, he really hasn't been here that long.

I don't count myself a big Trent fan but I feel the need to support him since he is not as bad as everyones been making him out. The way he has been playing than MAYBE SOME backups would outplay him but just look at Mark Sanchez. TE played way better than him and hes a starter.

I have to agree with you, Sanchez has played two bad games in a row. He has still played better than Trent in more games up to this point.

No one feels like waiting for TE to get his confidence back. Notice how most people on this forum want TE benched. I also said that I would give him a couple more games. I still think we should wait for TE to get his confidence back for the long term but right now we're going short term.

He threw a couple, including one for an ill-advised pick.

He showed very little today; certainly not enough to be named starter over a healthy Edwards. The question is, when are we going to see a healthy Edwards.

Personally, I'd rather see Hamdan at this point.

You can't be serious. I see you post a bunch of cr@p on this board but wanting to see Hamdan takes the case... You should have your posting privileges taken away...

You can't be serious. I see you post a bunch of cr@p on this board but wanting to see Hamdan takes the case... You should have your posting privileges taken away...

I agree with Simon. I would like to see Hamdan play just to see how he'd do but I wouldn't want to risk a loss just to see him play.