Donohoe Exposed

Mickey

This is the man who was to build a winner here in Buffalo and any doubt there was that he has failed spectacularly was removed last night. To anyone who would defend Donohoe: watch a tape of last night's game. The team that he has built from the coaches to the players was exposed as a joke, a laughing stock on national television. Competetive? We didn't belong on the same field with that team. Donahoe has had plenty of time to build a half way decent team and he has failed. Now we are supposed to start from scratch again and wait another 2-3 years?

Bye-bye TD.

Uh, this just in, Mickey... I think Donahoe was exposed about a year ago. I don't think Ralph's objective when he brought Teflon Tom to town was to re- build the team... Teflon Tom's job is to prepare this team for market. He's done a good job at that.

Uh, this just in, Mickey... I think Donahoe was exposed about a year ago.  I don't think Ralph's objective when he brought Teflon Tom to town was to re- build the team... Teflon Tom's job is to prepare this team for market.  He's done a good job at that.

118115[/snapback]

I do not think Ralph wants to sell the team. I think what happened is that Ralph wanted a GM who would get us out of cap and try to build a competitive team. What happened was TD forgot that he does not know how to build a competitive team in the NFL anymore. Just look at how good Pittsburgh is since he left.

TDs job (unfortunately so from my fan perspective) is not only (or maybe mainly) determined by what happens on the field with the team, but also what happens with the business side in terms of dollars and cents.

Reports that I see and hear are that the dollar and cents sides of the Bills is going pretty well (almost all games soldout, good relationship with Business Backs the Bills and luxury seat sales doing well, new and good positive working relationship with St. John's Fisher in preseason which enhances the Bills penetration of the regional market.tough negotiator within the confines of the salary cap to acquire folks like Adams and McGahee. oversaw moving ticket sales out of its shoebox era into the late 2oth century. etc).

Ralph may want a winner before he dies so that TD failings in building a team may cost him his job, but as money talks and the rest walks in this world of ours, I would not be so sure this failure will lead to us saying bye-bye immediately until these bad teams begin to impact the bottom-line.

do not think Ralph wants to sell the team. I think what happened is that Ralph wanted a GM who would get us out of cap and try to build a competitive team. What happened was TD forgot that he does not know how to build a competitive team in the NFL anymore. Just look at how good Pittsburgh is since he left.

Ralph doesn't want to sell the team... true. However, the man is in his mid eighties and doesn't have the fire in his belly like he used to. So, since he's a heartbeat away from "a turn for the worse" health wise... and maybe even death, he knows his wife doesn't want to deal with ownership and neither do any of his children. So, he's basically ordered Teflon Tom to get it "ready for sale" when that "heartbeat" way time comes. So far, Tom has put this team in a good position salary cap wise. He's also managed to sell enough luxury suites, season tix, and the entire CNY/WNY area on a team that has one of the worst records in the entire NFL over the past 4 years. That definitely gets a prospective buyer's attention. On top of that, he now has probably the most visited training camp for fans... which, if I'm a prospective buyer of the team, see that as validation that I have a fan base. Also, a franchise that is "down" sells low and has no place to go but up... er, uh, should I say, no place to go but to another city?

Lastly... Teflon Tom doesn't give a rat's stevestojan about his feet being held to the fire by the media and fans. Teflon Tom's worst nightmare is if Ralph is pissed off at him... and I don't think that's the case... In fact, Ralph is proably telling him... "Tom, you done good, boy. Keep up the good work"

Now we are supposed to start from scratch again and wait another 2-3 years?

The only way we would be starting from scratch and waiting another 2-3 years is if we were to fire Donahoe.

I think you'd be surprised at the difference a real NFL QB and a FS would make on this team. I believe we're about two players away from being a postseason contender, and they may both already be on the roster.

Cya

The only way we would be starting from scratch and waiting another 2-3 years is if we were to fire Donahoe.

I think you'd be surprised at the difference a real NFL QB and a FS would make on this team. I believe we're about two players away from being a postseason contender, and they may both already be on the roster.

Cya

118395[/snapback]

OK, you've piqued my interest. Who are these miracle players that will turn one of if not the worst team in all the NFL into playoff contenders?

OK, you've piqued my interest. Who are these miracle players that will turn one of if not the worst team in all the NFL into playoff contenders?

A real NFL QB and a FS would do.

Don't have to be a miracle players, just moderately competent.

A real NFL QB and a FS would do.

Don't have to be a miracle players, just moderately competent.

118427[/snapback]

You said the players were alredy on the roster. I assume you're atalking about Vincent and Losman, but that doesn't exactly inspire all tha much confidence, IMO.

You said the players were alredy on the roster. I assume you're atalking about Vincent and Losman, but that doesn't exactly inspire all tha much confidence, IMO.

As soon as Vincent is healthy, he's an immediate huge upgrade at our weakest defensive position. That's an immediate difference maker right there.

Losman is going to take a little longer, but at this point we're playing for next year anyways. Even becoming the starter, I don't possibly see how he can be any worse than the utterly putrid Bledsoe. At worst it's a lateral move for the moment but personally I think Bledsoe has been sooooo horrid, that even as a rookie he would be a slight upgrade at our weakest offensive position

By the beginning of 2005, it's a distinct possibility that the two weakest positions on this team will be infinitely better. And I think if/when that happens, the majority of our current problems will disappear.

Cya

As soon as Vincent is healthy, he's an immediate huge upgrade at our weakest defensive position. That's an immediate difference maker right there.

I don't know how anyone can say this... let alone believe it. If it happens, fine.

Vincent didn't make a difference when he started. Now, because he's going to switch to Free Safety, he's already an upgrade. He's going to play a position that he's never played before and instinctivly make plays. He goes from having his back to the QB most of the time in coverage to most always facing the QB in coverage. On run plays, his angles of attack change... It worked with Rod Woodson... OK, but Vincent will never be mistaken for Rod Woodson who is one of the alltime greats. Woodson also did not make the switch in midseason. Lastly, Wooson actually played most of the time... Vincent is an ornament in the trainers room and a lockerroom attorney (players association kissass). There's a reason Philly let him walk.

It worked with Rod Woodson... OK, but Vincent will never be mistaken for Rod Woodson who is one of the alltime greats.

Is Ray Buchanan one of the all-time greats?

He's a veteran corner in his first stint as a FS and is currently playing absolutely outstanding football in Oakland.

He goes from having his back to the QB most of the time in coverage to most always facing the QB in coverage.

You aren't seriously suggesting this makes his job harder, are you?

Switching from coverage responsibilities at the Corner to coverage responsibilities at the Free is not that big a deal, especially for a smart veteran DB like Vincent. Dollars to doughnuts says he instantly(less than 2games) impacts this defense by helping create more turnovers and drastically reducing the unacceptable instances of blown downfield coverages.

Cya

I don't know how anyone can say this... let alone believe it.  If it happens, fine.

Vincent didn't make a difference when he started.  Now, because he's going to switch to Free Safety, he's already an upgrade.  He's going to play a position that he's never played before and instinctivly make plays.  He goes from having his back to the QB most of the time in coverage to most always facing the QB in coverage.  On run plays, his angles of attack change... It worked with Rod Woodson... OK, but Vincent will never be mistaken for Rod Woodson who is one of the alltime greats. Woodson also did not make the switch in midseason.  Lastly, Wooson actually played most of the time... Vincent is an ornament in the trainers room and a lockerroom attorney (players association kissass).  There's a reason Philly let him walk.

118499[/snapback]

Really? I don't remember Oakland or Jacksonville doing much through the air to his side of the field.

Suggesting that a smart veteran player is going to struggle because he's going to be looking at the QB instead of at the WR is amazingly stupid logic.

I'll agree that comparing Woodson to Vincent may not be completely accurate, but how much closer is Izell Reese in your equation to either one of them?

I don't care why Philly let him walk. No team is perfect on player decisions.

I'm not sure you can say anyone is playing stand-out football in Oakland.

Every time I watc.....errrrrrr, endure the Raiders, Buchanan (not Phillip) is all over the field making stellar plays for their defense.

Along with Brayton, Curry and that young LB whose name I can't remember, I think those are the only things I've seen go well for the Raiders this year.

Cya

Really? I don't remember Oakland or Jacksonville doing much through the air to his side of the field.

Suggesting that a smart veteran player is going to struggle because he's going to be looking at the QB instead of at the WR is amazingly stupid logic.

I'll agree that comparing Woodson to Vincent may not be completely accurate, but how much closer is Izell Reese in your equation to either one of them?

I don't care why Philly let him walk. No team is perfect on player decisions.

Darin... first of all... I don't need the condescending BS from you reminding me how "stupid" my logic is. I know that every day when you look in the mirror, you can't waith til tomorrow because you get smarter and better looking everyday.

Now... if you care to read my post... I began with...

I don't know how anyone can say this... let alone believe it. If it happens, fine.

IF IT HAPPENS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! but, if you think there is not going to be a learning curve here, you are mistaken. Just because you have precedence doesn't mean a whole lot. Vincent wasn't durable on the corner and putting him in the middle where he has to step up against the run is going to expose him more... that's all I'm saying... I know... I can't run with boys like you... I'm stupid.

Cya

118395[/snapback]

Why in the world do you think that JP is a "real NFL QB" ???

Even if he is good, it won't be for 2-3 years. Ben R. is the exception, not the rule when it comes to QB's. Besides, JP's injury has cost him tons of development time. This team's O-line is a major, major issue and that problem hasn't even begun to be addressed.

Given how well TD's other high profile picks have done, I don't think JP is a lock to be a great or even good player. By the time he is ready, Fletcher and Spikes and Moulds and some other key players will be at the end of their contracts. We are staring another rebuilding phase square in the face.

Cya

118395[/snapback]

Uhh, no.

We're about five or six WINS away from being a post-season participant.

Nothing more.