Unions hate Baucus Reform Bill

Magox

I had one of my guys come to me a couple of year ago and say "you know Jim, I made really good money this year pretty much working part-time." My response "I'm aware of that, and why are you telling me this?" His response "I'm going to work more hours every week next year and double my income." That's who I want on my team. :wallbash:

That's great if a person has the opportunity to do. A lot of people out there work under a certain salary and that's it. Yes, some get overtime, some don't.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of my guys come to me a couple of year ago and say "you know Jim, I made really good money this year pretty much working part-time." My response "I'm aware of that, and why are you telling me this?" His response "I'm going to work more hours every week next year and double my income." That's who I want on my team. :wallbash:

Which sort of brings us full circle. I contend (and not everybody agrees) that wanting to work half time for half pay is not uncommon. The problem isn't that well-paid people don't want to do it - it is that it is not attractive for the employer.

You can have a professional working full-time. Or you can have two professionals working half-time at half-pay. The two professionals together cost more than the one professional, because of benefits, training, supplies, etc. And the two professionals are not as productive; part of their 20 hours is spent catching up on what's been going on around the office and on various projects, you double up on time lost in staff meetings, etc...