New Signings

joshsin

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Buffalo signed veteran LB Chris Draft and S Todd Johnson today.

EDIT

Draft wins linebacker tryout in Buffalo

Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2009 5:51 PM ET

With multiple season-ending linebacker injuries on Sunday, the Bills brought in seven of them from tryouts on Tuesday.

Per a league source, the candidates were Chris Draft, Alex Lewis, Patrick Thomas, Anthony Waters, Matt Wilhelm, Leon Williams, and Jamie Winborn.

And the job with the crappy 1-4 team went to . . . Chris Draft.

The Bills also tried out one defensive back, Todd Johnson. And they signed him.

So I like the Daft move, but two linebackers went down. So you sign a linebacker and a CB? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE BILLS ARE GOING TO CHANGE SOMEONE'S POSITION AGAIN FOM DB TO LB?

I'm gonna puke. Great way to address an issue in a backwards, half-assed way. This front office is so stupid I'm more astounded day after day. Russ Brandon and the entire personnel staff needs to go.

Anyone know anything about Todd Johnson? At least his signing means the Bills are moving Nic Harris back to LB. So do we think they'll go Palmer, Ellison, Harris, or keep Harris on the bench for Draft or Corto?

EDIT

With multiple season-ending linebacker injuries on Sunday, the Bills brought in seven of them from tryouts on Tuesday.

Per a league source, the candidates were Chris Draft, Alex Lewis, Patrick Thomas, Anthony Waters, Matt Wilhelm, Leon Williams, and Jamie Winborn.

Chris Draft is in his 11th season, has 566 tackles, 15 sacks and 4 interceptions. Overall, he has started 85 out of 139 games played in the NFL. Considering I started a thread today predicting the Bills would only sign a practice player LB from another team, I am extremely impressed with this emergancy pick up by the inner circle jerks! He has very respectable stats and has played a long time in the NFL. If nothing else, maybe he can offer some words of wisdom and / or encouragement to this foundering football team. :wallbash:

Chris Draft is in his 11th season, has 566 tackles, 15 sacks and 4 interceptions. Overall, he has started 85 out of 139 games played in the NFL. Considering I started a thread today predicting the Bills would only sign a practice player LB from another team, I am extremely impressed with this emergancy pick up by the inner circle jerks! He has very respectable stats and has played a long time in the NFL. If nothing else, maybe he can offer some words of wisdom and / or encouragement to this foundering football team. :wallbash:

He can offer words of encouragement? I'd rather he takes someone's head off.

Seriously tho he is a good pickup. Played for STL last year and many thought he was their best LB and were surprised when he was released.

He can offer words of encouragement? I'd rather he takes someone's head off....

So would I, as long as he runs through Perry Fool's proper "gaps" first. You know Perry, his guys are always in the correct schemes to be successful, they just keep making mistakes. Despite Mitchell and Buggs going down Sunday, Fool's defense played lights out against the Browns, to be serious and fair for a milisecond here. I hope Draft has a great week of practice and is ready to play some this week however. The Jets offense had no problems what so ever scoring all night - it was their defense that surprisingly sucked against Miami.

So I like the Daft move, but two linebackers went down. So you sign a linebacker and a CB? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE BILLS ARE GOING TO CHANGE SOMEONE'S POSITION AGAIN FOM DB TO LB?

I'm gonna puke. Great way to address an issue in a backwards, half-assed way. This front office is so stupid I'm more astounded day after day. Russ Brandon and the entire personnel staff needs to go.

GR550 reported that Poz is hoping to be cleared to play this week. Draft and Poz fill the 2 LB spots along with Harris for depth. They were desperately thin a safety too.

EDIT

Great, another 5'11" linebacker. Can't they sign someone taller than 6 ft? :devil:

EDIT

Per a league source, the candidates were Chris Draft, Alex Lewis, Patrick Thomas, Anthony Waters, Matt Wilhelm, Leon Williams, and Jamie Winborn.And the job with the crappy 1-4 team went to . . . Chris Draft.

Who? Another cheap fix by the penny pinching no concern for winning Bills.