Bill Parcells formula for Drafting QBs

Water - you can't tell me that Trent Edwards doesn't look more pitiful at everything than Harrell, or ignore that Leach keeps churning out QBs that absolutely dominate the NCAA record books and say, out-of-hand, that they'll all fail in the NFL.

Well, I take that back - you can say it, but you'd run the risk of being called an idiot by...

Mike Leach: Eric Mangini's an Idiot

"What’s interesting to me, a guy that really has not accomplished a great deal there at Cleveland - or the Jets for that matter - to publicly comment on A) someone he doesn’t even know and B) someone whose accomplishments speak for themselves and, within the specific field that Michael Crabtree’s in, Michael’s accomplishments speak louder than Mangini’s do. Crabtree as a receiver has been more successful than that guy has been as a coach.

"My definition of a diva is someone who's loud and self-absorbed," Leach told reporters, "and Michael Crabtree is the furthest thing from loud that I've seen. I think [Mangini] took it upon himself to figure that in a few minutes he had all the expertise on the subject of Michael Crabtree that he needed, so we’ll see how those non-divas up there in Cleveland do this year."

Yep Senator, you have convinced me that Mike Leach is a diva. I won't re-list all your post because it's so long, but first off the above quote was from April '09. Kudos to Mangini for sizing up Crabtree accurately and avoiding drafting him and his diva holdout. I also suspect Mangini had a good laugh about Leach calling him an idiot.

The rest of your posts involve Leach hootin' and hollerin' about how wrong NFL coaches are about "system" quarterbacks from college and how he'll teach them all how to break in quarterbacks properly. Funny, I can't find any evidence of Leach coaching at the NFL level in any capacity, yet he knows exactly what they're doing wrong. None of Leach's quarterbacks in his OC/HC coaching career (Tim Couch, Josh Heupel, Harrel, etc) have ever been successful in the NFL, so of course it must be the NFL's fault. Just like that 2007 Texas game where he was convinced the officials stole the game from TTech.

A lot of Florida and Oklahoma quarterbacks also have trouble leaving those offensive systems and making it in the NFL, but I guess the NFL is wrong on those also.

Cripes, this guy sure likes to piss and moan and blame somebody else when things don't go how he thinks they should. He is a reasonably successful college coach but with Tech at 4-2 maybe he should just focus on leading them to a winning record this year.

And if Leach makes it to the NFL, I only pray it isn't with the Bills. As bad as things are, that would be a jump-out-the-window-and-shoot-yourself-in-the-head-on-the-way-down move. Of course that's only my opinion.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armanti Edwards, Appalachian State would be a steal in later rounds for the Bills. He's a proven winner (3 national championships in D-1AA level) with great running ability and a good arm. A smaller Michael Vick without the baggage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armanti_Edwards

6th or later/UDFA would be a great deal for Edwards. He could be very Seneca Wallace-esque in the right system.