Mike Shanahan

I read other posts about the Bills hiring Marty Schottenheimer-Jon Gruden- Bill Cowher- and others. I just don't see them helping this team this year. Although I like the Martyball Idea , I just have doubt's he will help this year as he will need to bring in a new OC and DC, and besides he might not want to un-retire.

The one coach that could step in at the bye week and help this offense and Trent Edwards is Mike Shanahan. Edwards would be a perfect fit in a west coast passing offense.

C'MON, the Browns completed TWO passes and won that game 6-3, this is the most inept offense I've witnessed in years, this offense need's some help asap!!!!

Not for nothing, but wouldn't hiring Shanahan also save Ralph Wilson a bundle? The Bronco's still are paying Shanahan to sit at home and do nothing for the remainder of his contract. So should the Bills hire him and pay him 3 million a year, the Bronco's would then make up the difference of 4 million to make up the full 7 mill, or do I have that wrong?

Wrong. A new contract will void the Broncos contract. We have zero shot at gettign Shanahan. We would have to OVER pay significantly to get him here and give him 100% control... not going to happen. My prediction is that Shanahan goes to Dallas, Gruden to Washington and Cohwer to Carolina.

Marty Shottenheimer is the best fit and most quailified candidate available for the Bills.

No coach from outside the organization is going to come in until the offseason. 12 more weeks...

I do think that if it was an 'absolute control' position given to someone like Holmgren, they would prefer to come in now. 1/2 of a pressure-free lost season to evaluate talent, get men in place, and set up a plan.

straight-up Head coach-wise you are correct though.

Oh god here we go again!!

Why would a perso nwho doesn't need to money want to give up all his free time to coach? Peopel argue how interested Jim is how he comes to al lthe games. I'd come to the games to if I could stand on the sideline and eat and drink in the Jim Kelly suite for free. Kelly also is not exactly known to be a rocket scientist either. Jim could make a good potential owner, but to argue that he's done anything to prove he'd be a good coach is ridiculious. How can I say that, casue he's never coached a day in his life, so h'e shown nothign as a coach. And now you want him to be the next coach. Actually if I had to choose between Kelly and DJ I'd take DJ.

Has anyone thought of maybe hiring Jim Kelly to coach?

Has anyone thought of maybe hiring Jim Kelly to coach?

No.

He has already said, on multiple occasions through the past 10 years, that he has absolutely 0 interest in coaching.

Ownership he seems partly interested in.

Coaching? No.

I read other posts about the Bills hiring Marty Schottenheimer-Jon Gruden- Bill Cowher- and others. I just don't see them helping this team this year. Although I like the Martyball Idea , I just have doubt's he will help this year as he will need to bring in a new OC and DC, and besides he might not want to un-retire.

The one coach that could step in at the bye week and help this offense and Trent Edwards is Mike Shanahan. Edwards would be a perfect fit in a west coast passing offense.

C'MON, the Browns completed TWO passes and won that game 6-3, this is the most inept offense I've witnessed in years, this offense need's some help asap!!!!

Not for nothing, but wouldn't hiring Shanahan also save Ralph Wilson a bundle? The Bronco's still are paying Shanahan to sit at home and do nothing for the remainder of his contract. So should the Bills hire him and pay him 3 million a year, the Bronco's would then make up the difference of 4 million to make up the full 7 mill, or do I have that wrong?

I agree with you on Shanahan. Or Holmgren. Both are qualified coaches and GM's. Get rid of Modrak and Guy along with Jauron. Move good 'ol Russ back to marketing and share COO duties with Overdorf.

There is no reason NOT to do it this season. Why wait? What continuity would be ruined by pulling the trigger now? How much better are the Bills going to get? There is a bye week coming up, and I would rather have someone in place and some moves made prior to then and also prior to the upcoming trade deadline which I believe is this Tuesday.

I like tonight's ESPN talk about possibly trading TO. I was not on board with this when I first read it here, but after listening to Schefter's points, it makes perfect sense (Bills would be off the hook for $4 million of salary, could maybe get something (LB) in return, TO won't be back next year)...but ah, heck! There I go again! John Guy is still in the organization. HE'd probably try to trade for Derrick Dockery or something.

Why would any of those coaches WANT to come to Buffalo? The organization is a wreck.... Sell me on it! :w00t:

Good point.

Cowher wants the money and Carolina.

Shanahan wants control and an owner willing to commit to doing what it takes to win (Washington really wants him).

Same thing could be said for Holmgren- though things have been quiet on his front.

Gruden would probably be just what this organization needs, but he probably would never come to the cold, desolate place Buffalo is.

Which, as much as Marty-ball fails to produce in the playoffs, makes Schott's an interesting candidate. He might be the only one since he has ties to the Bills and is no stranger to the weather.

Ralph Wilson is going to need to make a BIG splurge into the coaching ring to bring fans back next season. I highly doubt anyone they sign in the off season would change the fans outlook at this point, save maybe a trade for Payton Manning.

The Bills have some great young talent on offense and can't seem to find a way to utilize them properly.

The Bronco's managed to hire a bright young offensive genius head coach and he in turn hired Mike Nolan as his DC, no question that defense went from last to first in one year and is the reason the Bronco's are 5-0.

The Bills need an offensive minded head coach, someone who is actually smart enough install a new offensive system that works and smart enough to hire the proper assistants, instead of promoting from within.