We clearly need a new offense

Fewell733

The offense is clearly the problem. We have a young, mobile offensive line and some weapons at receiver and running back. The players to work with - Lynch, Evans, Jackson, and the interior O-line.

It seems clear that any new offense brought in with a new HC should not be tied to Edwards. He hasn't remotely proven he's worth such deference. Assuming his current performance continues nother QB should be brought in either through FA or the draft to compete with him in the new system.

So, forgetting the big names that won't come here, who's out there that would be a good fit?

Any coordinators-of-note not named Mularkey?

The offense is clearly the problem. We have a young, mobile offensive line and some weapons at receiver and running back. The players to work with - Lynch, Evans, Jackson, and the interior O-line.

It seems clear that any new offense brought in with a new HC should not be tied to Edwards. He hasn't remotely proven he's worth such deference. Assuming his current performance continues nother QB should be brought in either through FA or the draft to compete with him in the new system.

So, forgetting the big names that won't come here, who's out there that would be a good fit?

Mike Shanahan, but I'm not holding my breath on that one

Mike Shanahan, but I'm not holding my breath on that one

I was thinking Shanahan's offense would be the best fit - but it'll be a bidding war between the Skins and Cowboys for him. His coaching tree is pretty bare - Kubiak is entrenched in Houston with Shanahan's son as OC. Shanahan Jr. would be more likely than the Senior I think.

Mike Nolan. We need toughness, physicality, and a defence that doesn't get shredded for 38 points by a Miami team with no wide receiver threats and a rookie QB. Nolan confounded the NE offence in the 2nd half of yesterday's game.

And hire a real offensive coordinator. We "promoted" Schonert "from within" after Fairchild left. That was our opportunity to hire a real OC like Cam Cameron who is doing a wonders with 2nd year QB Joe Flacco.

Mike Nolan. We need toughness, physicality, and a defence that doesn't get shredded for 38 points by a Miami team with no wide receiver threats and a rookie QB. Nolan confounded the NE offence in the 2nd half of yesterday's game.

And hire a real offensive coordinator. We "promoted" Schonert "from within" after Fairchild left. That was our opportunity to hire a real OC like Cam Cameron who is doing a wonders with 2nd year QB Joe Flacco.

the Mike Nolan that got fired mid-season last year and replaced by Singletary?

our D has had one bad game so far this year. They're not the problem, imo.

any coach from the ufl would be a big improvement over what we have now :(:censored:

any coach from the ufl would be a big improvement over what we have now :(:censored:

Except Haslett. He's coached about 100 games in the NFL and his winning % is eerily close to Dick's. Denny Green and Fassell would be good. Yeah I know "they are who we thought they were", but lifetime 113 94 and only 5 losing seasons out of 13. Not bad.