Funny when we were 5-1 last season everone loved Trent

HaHa....Aaron Rodgers a star QB? You must be high. How many teams with a bad O-line has a QB thats been getting things done? Its hard for me to think of any. Look Matt Casell, was damn good becasue he played for a team that had a good O-line, now KC totally sux and so does he. A crappy O-line makes you have to force throws or make decisions to quickly which usually ends up in INT's or FUMBLES.

Ben Rothlisberger won the Super Bowl behind a line that gave up more sacks than Buffalo last season, and the Steelers had no running game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHa....Aaron Rodgers a star QB? You must be high. How many teams with a bad O-line has a QB thats been getting things done? Its hard for me to think of any. Look Matt Casell, was damn good becasue he played for a team that had a good O-line, now KC totally sux and so does he. A crappy O-line makes you have to force throws or make decisions to quickly which usually ends up in INT's or FUMBLES.

I wasn't referring to Rodgers as a star QB, but if he isn't he is damn close. The guy threw for over 4,000 yards last year, had 28 tds to 13 ints, and a 93.8 rtg, and this year with an o-line as bad as Buffalo, not much different, actually better....1,098 yds, 6 tds, 1 int, 101.1 rtg. Those numbers may be wrong though because I must be high. :w00t:

I don't blame him -- I think he was on his way to being a probowl caliber QB. I just acknowledge that he's simply not the same QB since the concussion. He's just not. You'll see that Tim Tebow won't ever be the same either. Hard to come back from. Just MO.

Trent is not the only quarterback to have had a concussion. Others have come back from concussions. Steve Young officially had 7 and Troy Aikman 10. if the concussion is still affecting him after a year then he should be pulled and let one of the back ups start.

I'd take Rodgers over Edwards right now

Rodgers has been sacked 20 times thru 4 games and has a rating of 101.1

Edwards has been sacked 18 times thru 5 games and has a rating of 71.4

Rodgers has been sacked 2 more times but has played 1 less game. So that claim that Edwards is the most sacked QB isn't accurate.

I also thought the Bills were wasting their pick when they drafted him.

This really pisses me off, last season when we were 5-1 everybody was all over Trent worshiping him. Yea at the end of the season we collapsed mainly him (wouldnt you if you took a hit like that?). And you wonder why hes not the best right now, I wouldnt trust that O-line to block a pop warner football team. THEY SUCK BAD. I could only imagine what goes through Trents head if hes gonna make it alive through each game. You sub par coach and an even more sub par O-Line and everyone wants to blame Trent. The guy runs for his life every game, hes been sacked more than any other QB in the league. If you watch when he plays good, hes got a tremendous arm and accurate. Quit doing that damn no huddle offense, hes not Jim Kelly and it aint working. Let him huddle and call his own plays and thrown the ball down field we have two of the best recievers in the game along with two of the best running backs in the game.

I didn't. I have never liked him. Crappy delivery, was captain checkdown in College and sucked then as well.

This really pisses me off, last season when we were 5-1 everybody was all over Trent worshiping him. Yea at the end of the season we collapsed mainly him (wouldnt you if you took a hit like that?). And you wonder why hes not the best right now, I wouldnt trust that O-line to block a pop warner football team. THEY SUCK BAD. I could only imagine what goes through Trents head if hes gonna make it alive through each game. You sub par coach and an even more sub par O-Line and everyone wants to blame Trent. The guy runs for his life every game, hes been sacked more than any other QB in the league. If you watch when he plays good, hes got a tremendous arm and accurate. Quit doing that damn no huddle offense, hes not Jim Kelly and it aint working. Let him huddle and call his own plays and thrown the ball down field we have two of the best recievers in the game along with two of the best running backs in the game.

Yeah I remember the too numerous to count "In Trent We Trust" banners in the parking lots. Ahhhh how things change.

It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's tIt's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. he line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the linIt's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. e. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line. It's the line.

Wrong.

It is NOT the line, it is Trent. There are plenty of times each game he has lots of time to throw and 9 times out of ten he will throw the checkdown even on 3rd and 23. He has regressed so much he is just terrible. If the Bills had even a half way decent QB they would be 4-1 right now.

This is a QB driven league. Name me a team with a great QB that is a loser....you can't because offense is 80-90% about thte QB. The Bills went out and got him talent and he just cannot/will not get them the ball. He has been horrible, just horrible for three games straight, all of preseason and the last 8 games of last year with exception of KC. He had his try out and has flunked

I take offense to your heading... to say everyone would include myself and I was not enomoured with Trent one bit. I stated many times that 5-1 was not really where this team was playing at but I would take the record. I have stated he doesnt have a strong arem which is not good for the buffalo winds and playing in Nov/Dec or even Jan if we ever made there. I also said if Trent was going to be our QB then we need not sign lee evans because lee is a vertical trheat only and Trent wont throw beyon the first down marker.

I wouldnt trust that O-line to block a pop warner football team. THEY SUCK BAD. I could only imagine what goes through (Trents) head if hes gonna make it alive through each game. You sub par coach and an even more sub par O-Line and everyone wants to blame (Trent). The guy runs for his life every game, hes been sacked more than any other QB in the league.

You may insert the names David Carr or Joey Harrington, to name a few, for Edwards if you so choose.

Notice the similarities ?

Sometimes you just need to stop making excuses and face the reality of it.

Excellent point on his high arc deep passes. I have yet to see Trent throw a deep ball with any serious zip on it.

Sad thing is, yesterday, i was watching the Lions Steelers game, and Daunte Culpepper, while I'm not saying I'd rather have him here than Trent, was straight ZIPPING the ball twenty to thirty yards down the field, ON A ROPE. And damn those passes looked good. I found myself getting jealous that our QB doesn't even attempt more than 1 to 2 deep passes per game, heck 1 to 2 intermediate passes per game.

I can't believe I'm saying this. I'd rather have Daunte Culpepper here than Trent Edwards. Heck I'd rather see Fitz behind center.

+1 on Daunte :w00t:

trent was good at the begining of last season because d's assumed he would take shots down the field, they respected him at the qb position. he had three consecutive 4th quarter come backs because he threw it under neath and each d went into prevent. after those games, trent lost respect from the leagues defenses and even in a close game i would never worry about him going over top because he never would.

hell we where so close against ne for 2 reasons 1) tom brady had a bad day getting back into the swing of things and 2) bellicheck most likely prepared for a pretty serious attack through the air with the addition of to. that that didnt happen. we stayed close with new orleans for the same reasons. the d has issues (especially now with the lb situation), but they are more than competitant. the oline is servicable if trent does some things to help himself. it keeps getting worse game after game because teams are figuring us out, put 8 in the box, send 8 guys 5 yards off the ball and send the cbs into 1-1. the o-line is not good but spreading the ball out over the entire field to multiple recievers will most definitely help alleviate the problem, rather than magnify it like we are now

Trent Edwards is only one small part of the problems with this vomit inducing team, and only a small part. Those who want to blame it all on Trent Edwards do not have a clue about football at all-not in the least bit. His line is the worst in the NFL, and by no small margin. He may have the worst coaching staff in the league, and if not, it is close. We may have one of the worst owners in the NFL now, who cares so much more about money than winning anymore. Our once outstanding Special Teams have been pathetic, and single handedly costs us two games, and played terrible in the other 3. I think this team would get more than it's share of season ending injuries if they were locked in a padded room. The front office is probably the worst in the league, if not the worst, one of them. We have one less home game every season than every other team, solely because of our owner's greed. If we are not the worst team in the NFL this year, give it another couple weeks and we will be. The fact that Ralph doesn't want to change coaches is solely because he will have to pay Jauron for another two seasons. To sum it all up, it is a terrible team from top to botton, left to right, inside to outside and all around.

He's only accurate because the guy only throws three to six yard dump offs. His deep passes are of the high arc variety and the majority of those have been at best below average throws. To be a successful starting NFL QB you must be able to throw a deep pass with some zip on the ball and you also have to be athletic enough to escape danger situations. Trent doesn't have those skills. We all know that his line sucks badly and we can sympathize with him on that, but Trent simply does not posses the necessary skills to be a successful starting NFL QB. He will be a career backup guy somewhere. He will never be a guy who can deliver a 16 game winning season. Our most probable future QB is currently playing on Saturdays this season.

How many passes did Wes welker have ten? And how many were under ten yards, all of them. You do not throw into double or triple converge. The line is bad and needs help but Trent is a good QB under the right HC.