I have to ask, Why JP last night.

ICE

Look, Everyone knows I want JP in there. Personally I am glad and pissed. I hear JP say he is still bothered by his leg. JP...here is a note for you...you are still gonna hurt for months. MONTHS. That does NOT mean you are not healthy/healed.

All of that aside, the only alarming thing I am hearing is he only gets a couple of snaps in practice? He was not notified he would be going in until they just did it? So the COACHING STAFF throws him out there with NO preperation? WTF is that?

Again I am all for him STARTING this week. The ONLY way a QB or any other player develops is ON THE FIELD. Nothing less than that will help him to develop. But damn, give the guy some reps before throwing his ass out there!

We all know the bledsoe era is all but over now. To me....JP being out there was a statement to the fans of the Buffalo Bills that the Administration and coaching staff now know it too and are admiting it. Now let JP have all the reps this week, simplify the game plan and lets move on.

Look, Everyone knows I want JP in there. Personally I am glad and pissed.  I hear JP say he is still bothered by his leg.  JP...here is a note for you...you are still gonna hurt for months. MONTHS. That does NOT mean you are not healthy/healed.

All of that aside, the only alarming thing I am hearing is he only gets a couple of snaps in practice?  He was not notified he would be going in until they just did it?  So the COACHING STAFF throws him out there with NO preperation?  WTF is that?

Again I am all for him STARTING this week. The ONLY way a QB or any other player develops is ON THE FIELD. Nothing less than that will help him to develop. But damn, give the guy some reps before throwing his ass out there!

We all know the bledsoe era is all but over now. To me....JP being out there was a statement to the fans of the Buffalo Bills that the Administration and coaching staff now know it too and are admiting it.  Now let JP have all the reps this week, simplify the game plan and lets move on.

117888[/snapback]

like you, I think they put him in at the worst possible time. But still, I EXPECT him to struggle. Let's get it out of the way now, or at least start it.

But why not put in Matthews last night? Why did we get him? Don't put your franchise of the fruture out to the Wolves who were in a position to pin ears back and go for the jugular. They just did it all wrong.

It was garbage time....the Pats werent going to blitz the hell out of a rook in that time. Therefore, Im not sure he was "thrown to the wolves" there.

BUT...it still wasnt the right time to start JP.

I cant wait until tomorrows PC.

The wrong was JP himself was just not ready or prepared to come in. If his head was in the game and he was somewhat ready, no problem to get him in just to hand off a few times throw a safe route pass , just so he could get a feel for things , but last night it was clear on the most basic level he was not ready to go in.... and that is scary on many counts......

It was garbage time....the Pats werent going to blitz the hell out of a rook in that time. Therefore, Im not sure he was "thrown to the wolves" there.

BUT...it still wasnt the right time to start JP.

I cant wait until tomorrows PC.

117918[/snapback]

you're kidding right? NE had some backups in as well, but those are the guys that are looking for some highlight reel stuff, so yeah, they are going to come after him, as they did. again, there was nothing to gain by putting JP in there at THAT time of the game.

you're kidding right? NE had some backups in as well, but those are the guys that are looking for some highlight reel stuff, so yeah, they are going to come after him, as they did. again, there was nothing to gain by putting JP in there at THAT time of the game.

That wasnt garbage time?

You just admitted yourself that the Pats started putting second stringers in the game.

Players and teams dont "run up the score" and try to hurt second string players in garbage time to make "highlight reels". It doesnt happen.

But with that said, given JPs total lack of preparation, putting him in wasnt the way to go.

The ONLY way a QB or any other player develops is ON THE FIELD. Nothing less than that will help him to develop.

117888[/snapback]

I disagree totally. ON THE FIELD play MUST be one of thing a young QB gets, but it is far from the ONLY wau he needs to develop.

JP needs:

1. On the field play- in order to play at NFL speed against NFL opponents and to see the opposing defenses set up in game situations.

2. To watch a lot of tape- in ADDITION to on the field play he will learn to be an NFL QB by bwecoming a student of the game and learning what opposing defense will throw at him and how to exploit it. Some folks are students of the game like Peyton Manning all their life and come in with a good dose of this knowledge. Most players are are not Peyton Manning and need to gain cntrol of the intellectual aspects of the game in conjunction with or before they can contribute and learn on the field.

3. Read and memorize the playbook- same as above.

4. Make sure he has mechanics down- On of the good learning opportunities in yesterday's game was when ESPN focused on Bledsoe's dreadful mechanics when he was throwing flat-footed and how it was impossible for him to throw effective passes that way. NFL Ds are too good for a QB not to use everything in his power to put him in the best position to do his job. Whether it is Bledsoe's flat-footedness or JPs throwing off balance or off the wrong foot as he ran for his life at Tukane, his mechanics need to be perfected before he is thrown to the wolves.

I think JP should play, BUT WHEN HE IS READY. For some like Vick it was in mop-p duty his first season, for some like Pennington it was after 5 games or so his second season, for some like Brady it was after Bledsoe got creamed in his second season, for some like Manning and Roethensbergesqyewhatever in Pittsburgh it as right away.

JP should merely mop-up until he is ready.

Start matthews if he provides better practice for the team than Bledsoe but do not turn JP into Todd Collins.

This is the NFL. He gets paid millions of dollars to play QB. Don't baby the guy. Get in there and see how he does. He was putrid and looked horrible. Luckily it was his first game and made him realize this isn't preseason against third stringers. He has got to learn sometime. Now he has a good dose of reality and how he has to learn a lot and prepare. And we also realize he is another season and a half most likely from becoming the starter.

That wasnt garbage time?

You just admitted yourself that the Pats started putting second stringers in the game. 

Players and teams dont "run up the score" and try to hurt second string players in garbage time to make "highlight reels". It doesnt happen.

But with that said, given JPs total lack of preparation, putting him in wasnt the way to go.

117959[/snapback]

You missed my point, and I think we are probably aiming for the same thing.

I didn't deny it was garbage time. and I didn't say they were out to hurt him. But they came at him as a defensive unit with nothing to be wary of. Just get after him.

Had nothing to do with running up the score either.

I watched the game last night, but was cringing at every play that JP was in. I'm not real sure if he was, but IF Rodney Harrison was still in the game, i wouldn't put it past a guy like him to try to wallup JP.

I disagree totally.  ON THE FIELD play MUST be one of thing a young QB gets, but it is far from the ONLY wau he needs to develop.

JP needs:

1. On the field play- in order to play at NFL speed against NFL opponents and to see the opposing defenses set up in game situations.

2. To watch a lot of tape- in ADDITION to on the field play he will learn to be an NFL QB by bwecoming a student of the game and learning what opposing defense will throw at him and how to exploit it.  Some folks are students of the game like Peyton Manning all their life and come in with a good dose of this knowledge. Most players are are not Peyton Manning and need to gain cntrol of the intellectual aspects of the game in conjunction with or before they can contribute and learn on the field.

3. Read and memorize the playbook- same as above.

4. Make sure he has mechanics down- On of the good learning opportunities in yesterday's game was when ESPN focused on Bledsoe's dreadful mechanics when he was throwing flat-footed and how it was impossible for him to throw effective passes that way.  NFL Ds are too good for a QB not to use everything in his power to put him in the best position to do his job.  Whether it is Bledsoe's flat-footedness or JPs throwing off balance or off the wrong foot as he ran for his life at Tukane, his mechanics need to be perfected before he is thrown to the wolves.

I think JP should play, BUT WHEN HE IS READY.  For some like Vick it was in mop-p duty his first season, for some like Pennington it was after 5 games or so his second season, for some like Brady it was after Bledsoe got creamed in his second season, for some like Manning and Roethensbergesqyewhatever in Pittsburgh it as right away.

JP should merely mop-up until he is ready.

Start matthews if he provides better practice for the team than Bledsoe but do not turn JP into Todd Collins.

117964[/snapback]

- So Losman cannot read a playbook while his nursing his leg back to health?

- His mechanics are going to take some time.....MORE then just this year....so what are we going to do...play him 2 years from now.....

Losman was NOT a 3rd round pick QB that you bring along for a few years and then decide to play him.....he is a FIRST ROUND PICK......we do not have the luxery of the teams that picked Manning and Rivers. They have QB's playing in front of them that are producing......If Breez was struggling this year do you really think Rivers would still be on the bench.......

Our starting QB is FLOUNDERING.....in a simplified offense where we run the ball more then we pass........

As long as Losman is truly healthy....he should be out there......

So a guy who's been screaming that JP should be be starting ASAP is bitching because JP wasn't ready last night? Boo-freakin'-hoo!

Hey ICE, when it comes to gaining experience, it's all good. Losman needs to realize that every minute on the field he should be learning something new.

Last night, prepared or not, Losman was introduced to the speed of the game. It was a good lesson.

We don't need to play Oprah-mind-reader or conspiracy theorist to figure out this move.

As long as the Bills are still (technically) alive in the playoff race, Bledsoe starts. When they're mathmatically eliminated, Losman starts.

Unfortunately for Mathews fans, right or wrong, their boy doesn't figure into the equation.