Schefter on ESPN

Kevin

If Ralph hires a new coach and GM now, the benefit is the GM is in before the trade deadline. He could potentially start building his team for next year RIGHT NOW and not wait for the offseason.

This team was being built this off-season for the next regime all along. It's time to break the news to Mr. Smithers and start hoarding draft picks for next year. Trouble is, the Bills don't even have much value to trade as it looks now. Lee Evans. Maybe Marshawn or Whitner or Poz, though those guys have suspension and injury histories. <sigh>

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I KNOW he is going to be gone after this year I am willing to wait. But folks....brace yourselves.

We will have a top 5 pick this year.

One thing I would do tomorrow is trade Terrel Owens....he isnt going to stay and he is doing us know good. If we can get a pick for him lets do it.

A fire sale is a great idea. Unfortunately, the Bills have just become the Pittsburgh Pirates.

there is an option. And this option needs to be done. Wipe out that joke of a front office and install Holmgren (or equivelent) ASAP. The rest of the season can still be valuable time to evaluate and restructure.

You know, I agree with that.

If Holmgren or the equivalent would take the job- alot don't want to come in during a season- but IF one would, why not start now?

Modrak and Guy certainly have not justified their salaries. Besides, despite the injuries to the entire LB corp and to all of our Tackles, it doesn't sound like any free agents will be brought in to shore up the depth anyways. And even if they did bring somebody in, can we really trust Guy to really get the right player that will actually help the team?

What is hanging on to Dick going to do for wins this season?

Hanging onto these bozo's will only make this a prolonged, excrutiatingly painful experience for all of us.

Getting rid of them now almost gives you an entire season to rebuild and get your plan in place. And who knows? Maybe it even would spark those wussy Bills on the team to wake up and start playing for their jobs.

Get 'er done Ralph!

This season is already over. Get whoever the hell it is in here now, clean house now and start over now! If it's Holmgren, Cowher or Joe Blow. I don't care. Get Jauron out of here NOW. WTF is so hard for RW to understand????????? Senile old tool.

No decent coach would accept a mid-season offer. Why would they want to look so bad? Especially when there's no real advantage to it.

These guys have egos. You think they want to add maybe 4 - 7 to their career win-loss percentage when they weren't responsible for the losses (in terms of putting together personnel, coaches and schemes). There's no upside to it for these guys. Give up on this idea, because it won't happen.

The only people who would accept a situation like this are the truly desperate ones, and those are the ones you don't want.

A fire sale is a great idea. Unfortunately, the Bills have just become the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Yesssss!!!! I knew being a Pirates fan would pay off eventually. Can't wait for next year!!! Its funny but The Pirates and the Bills almost have equally bumbling FO's.

Adam Schefter just said that the Bills have no options for interim HC. He mentioned Bobby April, and Perry Fewel, but said that ST has struggled against the Browns, and that Jauron has "extensive defensive knowledge" therefore making Fewel a moot point. He said that Ralph has no other option but to wait and be patient.

Looks like a new HC at seasons end though.

:censored:

I disagree that there are no options. I would go with Eric Studesville. Before the season started I would have gone with Bobby April - but the ST has just been awful this season and I could not justify giving him the opportunity based on past sucesses when the current situation has been such a disaster.

As long as I KNOW he is going to be gone after this year I am willing to wait. But folks....brace yourselves.

We will have a top 5 pick this year.

One thing I would do tomorrow is trade Terrel Owens....he isnt going to stay and he is doing us know good. If we can get a pick for him lets do it.

Seriously though, what team is going to want to rent T.O. for the rest of the year? He's pretty worthless unless a desperate team is obliterated at WR like the Seahawks were last year.

there is an option. And this option needs to be done. Wipe out that joke of a front office and install Holmgren (or equivelent) ASAP. The rest of the season can still be valuable time to evaluate and restructure.

You're obviously confusing Ralph with an owner who cares about what kind of product his season ticket holders get to watch. No Refunds means tough ****.

Ralph isn't that petty. He's a businessman. He doesn't think that way.

No offense, but that idea is plain goofy.

Maybe he is trying to make life so unbareable for DJ that he quits so that Ralph doesn't have to pay his salary. It would not surprise me in the least if DJ is secretly hoping to get fired so that he can get out of this situation.

Fewell's defense has gotten shredded over and over. The fact that they held Cleveland to 2 FG's is nothing to brag about. Fewell as HC makes no sense whatsoever. Either does April at this point. There's really not much to save regarding the coaching staff. AVP is OC only because Snert got himself fired, not because AVP earned it.

Ralph is almost certainly going to wait it out to the end of the season. He dislikes paying fired employees. He will still have to eat 2 years on Jauron's contract if he fires him at the end of the season. In fact, it wouldn't shock me terribly if Ralph brought Jauron back next year.

Hell, why not keep Jauron till the end of the season and let him finish nailing his own head-coaching coffin shut?

Fewells defense is the one thing that hasn't been terrible. Their only bad game was against the best offense in the league the Saints AND they kept them under 17 points for 3 1/2 quarters. IMAGINE if the offense was even remotely competent? Other than the RIDICULOUS number of injuries the defense isn't the problem.

Fewells defense is the one thing that hasn't been terrible. Their only bad game was against the best offense in the league the Saints AND they kept them under 17 points for 3 1/2 quarters. IMAGINE if the offense was even remotely competent? Other than the RIDICULOUS number of injuries the defense isn't the problem.

Who have they played? Miami had lost their QB. Cleveland & Tampa flat out suck offensively. The Patriots showed quite a bit of rust in the first game. The defense could well get blown off the field against a team that has an offense that is competent and putting the hammer down. Especially with the mounting injuries. They have to pray for bad weather at this point...

Take another look at my post. With all of the injuries I share your concerns. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the offenses of the teams we played with our depleted roster. All I said is our defense wasn't terrible. I didn't say they we very good, awesome or dominant. Again. Injuries aside they are the LEAST of our problems.

Take another look at my post. With all of the injuries I share your concerns. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the offenses of the teams we played with our depleted roster. All I said is our defense wasn't terrible. I didn't say they we very good, awesome or dominant. Again. Injuries aside they are the LEAST of our problems.

You must be kidding. Chad Henne scares who? Admittedly the Dolphins can run the ball, and we knew they would and couldn't stop it at all. Cleveland is horrible. Anderson completed 2 passes in 60 minutes. 2! And, Tampa benched their joke of a QB and put in Josh Friggin Johnson. Sorry, nothing quick about it. Those offenses blow.

The Bills defense is barely capable and the only reason they haven't been totally exposed is the lack of competition.

A mute point is one where you sit in front of your TV, and DJ starts talking about how hard the team played, and how hard it is to win in the NFL, and you get so frustrated that you point the remote control and hit the mute button.

Outstanding!!! I got a good chuckel out of this.

It's all moot...though as ...the all knowing Adam Schefter says they have no options...and if Adam Schefter says it..it must be so.

You must be kidding. Chad Henne scares who? Admittedly the Dolphins can run the ball, and we knew they would and couldn't stop it at all. Cleveland is horrible. Anderson completed 2 passes in 60 minutes. 2! And, Tampa benched their joke of a QB and put in Josh Friggin Johnson. Sorry, nothing quick about it. Those offenses blow.

The Bills defense is barely capable and the only reason they haven't been totally exposed is the lack of competition.

Didn't say we played against good, scary or great offenses. We did limit some of those really bad offenses to a REALLY low number of points. Cleveland IS terrible and we limited them to a measly 6 points only because of ANOTHER special teams gaff. Something that other so called not terrible defenses couldn't do. Again you miss my point. The defense is the least of our worries. Special teams went from first to worst and the offense is just painful to watch.

It's like complaining about the food on the Titanic. Ships going down but your steak was over cooked!

I can see why RW would wait until after the season, no coach on the team is worthy of even being named interim head coach.

Special teams sucks right now, Roscoe Parrish sucks

Defense sucks right now, 31 carries and 117 yards for Lewis- the wind stopped the Browns passing game.

The ONLY old timer head coach I'd trust to get this team off its back is Marty... I'd also hire Carlie Casserly as president and let him find the talent for the team.

Looking at Indy and the change from the Tampax 2 and they fired the DC and changed the defense, they are much better defensively this year then in years past,and Bob Sanders isn't playing. So there is light at the end of the tunnel,just gotta dump the current coaches.

Didn't say we played against good, scary or great offenses. We did limit some of those really bad offenses to a REALLY low number of points. Cleveland IS terrible and we limited them to a measly 6 points only because of ANOTHER special teams gaff. Something that other so called not terrible defenses couldn't do. Again you miss my point. The defense is the least of our worries. Special teams went from first to worst and the offense is just painful to watch.

It's like complaining about the food on the Titanic. Ships going down but your steak was over cooked!

I understand your point that the defense looks like the least of the Bills worries. And, I agree with you, dude. My point is directly to your point: looks can be deceiving and they are deceiving here. This defense is a plum waiting to be picked.

I can see why RW would wait until after the season, no coach on the team is worthy of even being named interim head coach.

Special teams sucks right now, Roscoe Parrish sucks

Defense sucks right now, 31 carries and 117 yards for Lewis- the wind stopped the Browns passing game.

The ONLY old timer head coach I'd trust to get this team off its back is Marty... I'd also hire Carlie Casserly as president and let him find the talent for the team.

Looking at Indy and the change from the Tampax 2 and they fired the DC and changed the defense, they are much better defensively this year then in years past,and Bob Sanders isn't playing. So there is light at the end of the tunnel,just gotta dump the current coaches.

If I'm not mistaken they still play cover 2 but they are doing more blitzing than they used to. Hey, who does that sound like?...Wish we had the offense to complement them though :wallbash:

I understand your point that the defense looks like the least of the Bills worries. And, I agree with you, dude. My point is directly to your point: looks can be deceiving and they are deceiving here. This defense is a plum waiting to be picked.

It's possible. Perhaps the defenses "success" has been an aberration. It's just difficult for me to call them a problem when we haven't produced any offense to help them out. We played some good offenses and some bad. Time will tell I guess. Would be nice to see the offense produce points though to make it a fair assessment.