Brandon's statement

TKO

I agree with the point on Polian, but I can also understand how they might not have gotten along well enough, to keep working together.

When Ralph hired Donohoe, it was the one nearly good decision he has made, about his franchise, since Polian left. TD may have been the wrong guy (but, I may be in the minority in believing that his tenure was not a complete disaster, as has followed) but Ralph was on to something. He needs somebody else to run the team for him, someone who has a clue as to how the NFL works these days. TD made some bad coaching hires, but he wasn't complacent, and, I believe, this team was much better when he was here... but, in the end, TD, Levy, and Brandon all have to work with the tools the owner allows them. It isn't enough. At this point, Ralph Wilson is Al Davis, with a better sense of decorum...

TD was the right hire in concept but failed in execution you know moves that sounded good at the time. Hiring Russ and DJ you knew weren't going to workout before they happened. Hire Russ Grimm or Gruden as coach and Chris Polian as GM.

TD was the right hire in concept but failed in execution you know moves that sounded good at the time. Hiring Russ and DJ you knew weren't going to workout before they happened. Hire Russ Grimm or Gruden as coach and Chris Polian as GM.

The idea of hiring a competent GM and turning over control of the football team to him is a good idea. Donahoe was not the GM that should have been hired. He lost a power struggle to Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh, and I would at this point assume I would have sided with Cowher. But besides that Donahoe was determined that no HC would ever trip him up again so he hired two losers that have never been HCs again once they left the Bills and probably never will be HCs again. Also, Donahoe was a micro-manager who messed things up more than he helped when he did interfere with the coaches.

I think it is better to hire a top notch HC who also would be in charge of all football decisions. Still I like the Chris Polian idea.

I agree with the point on Polian, but I can also understand how they might not have gotten along well enough, to keep working together.

When Ralph hired Donohoe, it was the one nearly good decision he has made, about his franchise, since Polian left. TD may have been the wrong guy (but, I may be in the minority in believing that his tenure was not a complete disaster, as has followed) but Ralph was on to something. He needs somebody else to run the team for him, someone who has a clue as to how the NFL works these days. TD made some bad coaching hires, but he wasn't complacent, and, I believe, this team was much better when he was here... but, in the end, TD, Levy, and Brandon all have to work with the tools the owner allows them. It isn't enough. At this point, Ralph Wilson is Al Davis, with a better sense of decorum...

This is so true. If Donahoe had been "the right guy" we might be in an entirely different situation right now. But because Donahoe f**cked things up so badly and carried his own paranoia, Ralph felt burned and went back to his "trusted confidant" in Marv.

Ralph, suck it up and let go. Take your $800M profit and pay somebody to fix this damn thing.