Bama vs. Ole Miss

Cynical

They didn't have a great game last night but a win is a win! :devil: SC looked like a decent team.

Did you believe that corner (#24)? Is he a backup??? He reminded me of Nate Clements. He is big and covered extremely well. The OC was great. He was all over the field hitting people, but is he a little small?

Who's the next victim? :thumbdown:

They didn't have a great game last night but a win is a win! :worthy: SC looked like a decent team.

Did you believe that corner (#24)? Is he a backup???

Believe it or not, he is a back up. Marquis Johnson, Senior. He was filling in for Arenas, who has a rib injury.

Did you check out Ingram? The guy is a beast, and seriously underrated.

He ran 24 times for 240+ yards, 118 of that came after first contact.

He's also touched the ball over 300 times, and has fumbled only once.

And that last TD drive. Wow. The entire drive consisted of 6 running plays, all carried by Ingram. On the last play (for the TD), you could see he was exhausted. But so was the SC defense as they could not stop him.

He reminded me of Nate Clements. He is big and covered extremely well. The OC was great. He was all over the field hitting people, but is he a little small?

A smidge. He's 6' 1" and 294 lbs.

Does size matter?

Who's the next victim? :thumbsup:

It's the third weekend in October. That means it's time to play Tennessee.

Outside of the '92 Sugar Bowl, I'm not sure I've ever root for Alabama, but I hope they beat Florida 59-0 in the SEC title game.

One step at a time.

They have other teams to beat to make the SEC title game.

McElroy has looked bad these past two games, and the penalties on special teams (especially punt returns) have been a major problem.

Believe it or not, he is a back up. Marquis Johnson, Senior. He was filling in for Arenas, who has a rib injury.

How good is Arenas to keep Johnson on the bench? The kid made more clutch plays in this very frightening win today. The center had another good game but he needs to get a little bigger for the NFL imo. Lots of push was coming from RG. Their right side is not worse than their left side on running plays.

Cody is a monster!

The qb is a concern. He seems to lack confidence.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How good is Arenas to keep Johnson on the bench? The kid made more clutch plays in this very frightening win today. The center had another good game but he needs to get a little bigger for the NFL imo. Lots of push was coming from RG. Their right side is not worse than their left side on running plays.

Cody is a monster!

The qb is a concern. He seems to lack confidence.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the game this week (a project took longer than expected to complete), but at some point during the week, I'll watch the replay.

Arenas is good enough to keep Johnson on the bench (sounds retarded, I know). However, Saban is a micro manager who's not afraid to start players that can produce. If Johnson was better than Arenas, I have no doubt Johnson would have been starting.

Center is only a sophomore. He's got another year at least.

OL seemed to pick up from where they left off from last year. Overall play is still quite solid despite losing Dre and Caldwell to the draft last year. The RG, Barrett Jones, is a RS freshman.

The QB ... well, he has "issues".

I missed the game this week (a project took longer than expected to complete), but at some point during the week, I'll watch the replay.

Arenas is good enough to keep Johnson on the bench (sounds retarded, I know). However, Saban is a micro manager who's not afraid to start players that can produce. If Johnson was better than Arenas, I have no doubt Johnson would have been starting.

Center is only a sophomore. He's got another year at least.

OL seemed to pick up from where they left off from last year. Overall play is still quite solid despite losing Dre and Caldwell to the draft last year. The RG, Barrett Jones, is a RS freshman.

The QB ... well, he has "issues".

Wrt Johnson, maybe he is an example of a late developing player. It will be extremely interesting to see where he is drafted, and sans injuries he WILL be drafted. Imagine getting a kid like him in rounds 5-7!

Glad to hear that the OC and RG are that young. This lends itself to a solid Bama OL for years to come and gives the OC time to put on some weight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.