1991 Buffalo Bills Cassette Tape

cmjoyce113

Does anyone remember the cassette tape back in the early 90's where someone sang parodies to songs back then... but they went through all the Bills opponents in 91.

I remember the song "Return to Tampa" the best... anyone else know what I am talking about and what that cassette was called? I was trying to look it up on google but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone remember the cassette tape back in the early 90's where someone sang parodies to songs back then... but they went through all the Bills opponents in 91.

I remember the song "Return to Tampa" the best... anyone else know what I am talking about and what that cassette was called? I was trying to look it up on google but couldn't find anything.

I have it in a box somewhere. I'll have to look for it. They made songs for each opponent that year, I think the tape was sold by AM&A's.

97 Rock and Channel 2 (for the dearly departed Sports Extra) have both done something like that. The 97 Rock one I have is from '93 or later, though, because it has "Drew Throws Like a Lady" on it for Bledsoe and the Pats.

I have a 1991 CD titled "The Best of Snorton Norton and the Morning Circus Band. " (97 Rock)

It has songs on the Fish, steelers, Jets, TB, Bears, KC, Indy, Cincy, NE, GB, Raiders and Detroit.

In addition it has:

The Cheektowaga Polka (My favorite)

I Love You Irv Weinstein

Sabre Dance

Thank God We Ain't Major League

and

Leader of the Sack (about Bruuuuuce)

I loved that tape! I was 8 years old, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, I rocked out pretty hard to it. Some of the songs were Beat the New York Jets (Benny and the Jets), Good Bye Cincinnati (Ruby Tuesday?), the Magic Bus and some others I can't recall...

Yea that's the one I was thinking about... loved it.

With Tampa as a title, it's probably '91, the year we played in Tampa, 8 months after the superbowl in the same stadium. I was there (for the winning game)!

I have a tape, gotta be '92.

Oilers: Walking on Warren Moon to the tune of Police song Walking on the Moon

Raiders Suck (to Radar Love)

The best one may have been "Miami", a reasonable replica of Pink Floyd's "Money". At the fade out portion in the Floyd version, you hear a british gent speaking the words, "I certainly was in the right". In the Snortin Norton "Miami" version, at the same fade-out portion of the song, a similar voice is heard saying, "it certainly was wide to the right". Classic.

I have another tape done by somebody else, but it's a cheap knock off with inferior music.

See, when your team is doing well, this is the sort of mania that prevails in the community. You get a lot of this rah rah crap.

I miss it. :wallbash:

Anyone want to join in a chorus of "We're Gonna Win that Cup"? Extra credit if you remember the original singer.