What type of head coach will Ralph hire next?

MURTR

Next Coach  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What type of head coach will Ralph hire next

• re-tread veteran coach who has had marginal success (i.e. Herm Edwards, Norv Turner, Dom Capers)
    • up-and-coming coordinator (i.e. Leslie Frasier, Bryan Shottenheimer, Cam Cameron, Mike Nolan)
    • in-house coordinator (i.e. Bobby April, Perry Fewell, AVP)
    • low profile college coach (i.e Mike Sherman, Jim Harbaugh, Turner Gill)
    • I am retarded and BILLieve Ralph will hire a big-time coach (i.e Cower, Shanahan, Gruden)

I feel like all these threads talking about firing Jauron NOW are a bit pointless. It is inevitable that DJ is gone, it's only a matter of when. Who knows what Ralphs timeline is, but I am guessing he is hoping to wait until the off-season, but will eventually be forced to pull the trigger b/c we will lose 3-4 consecutive games.

I think most of us can agree that it is a pipe-dream for us to sign a veteran coach/college coach who will either command top-dollar or a lot of control (See Shanahan, Holmgren, Gruden, Cowher, Meyer, Carroll). When thinking about who on earth Ralph would realistically hire, I had a flashback to when we hired DJ. I remember thinking the job was Mike Sherman's because it was down to him and DJ. I wasn't thrilled about Sherman but he had won in the league so I was content. Sure enough Marv/Ralph chose the Ivy Leaguer instead. I was pissed-off but over time the fan in me took over as I started to have hope for the upcoming season.

I guess my question to everyone is, what will you do if Ralph pulls another hire like the DJ hire? Some low-key, re-tread head coach who has not had any real success as a HC. For example, what if we hired like Al Groh or Mike Tice. I would probably watch all the games still, just not care as much if we win/lose.

I feel like all these threads talking about firing Jauron NOW are a bit pointless. It is inevitable that DJ is gone, it's only a matter of when. Who knows what Ralphs timeline is, but I am guessing he is hoping to wait until the off-season, but will eventually be forced to pull the trigger b/c we will lose 3-4 consecutive games.

I think most of us can agree that it is a pipe-dream for us to sign a veteran coach/college coach who will either command top-dollar or a lot of control (See Shanahan, Holmgren, Gruden, Cowher, Meyer, Carroll). When thinking about who on earth Ralph would realistically hire, I had a flashback to when we hired DJ. I remember thinking the job was Mike Sherman's because it was down to him and DJ. I wasn't thrilled about Sherman but he had won in the league so I was content. Sure enough Marv/Ralph chose the Ivy Leaguer instead. I was pissed-off but over time the fan in me took over as I started to have hope for the upcoming season.

I guess my question to everyone is, what will you do if Ralph pulls another hire like the DJ hire? Some low-key, re-tread head coach who has not had any real success as a HC. For example, what if we hired like Al Groh or Mike Tice. I would probably watch all the games still, just not care as much if we win/lose.

I don't get it, we can't vote on Shanahan, Holmgren, Gruden, Cowher, etc. because you don't think Ralph will hire them, yet you have Lindy Ruff as a choice?? My vote is for a known vet coach, at this point because that is "the type of coach I want"

We can't roll the dice on an unproven commodity right now (see G.Williams, Mularkey) or a retread (see current coach).

I don't get it, we can't vote on Shanahan, Holmgren, Gruden, Cowher, etc. because you don't think Ralph will hire them, yet you have Lindy Ruff as a choice?? My vote is for a known vet coach, at this point because that is "the type of coach I want"

We can't roll the dice on an unproven commodity right now (see G.Williams, Mularkey) or a retread (see current coach).

I was trying to limit it to options Ralph might choose. guess i need to change the title to "type of HC Ralph will choose next." Lindy Ruff was a stupid joke. Updated.

no its normal to want a real Head Coach, but thinking that we will get one is another story

I dont know why this discussion. Wilson already has a head coach for the next 3 years. You dont really think Wilson gives a dam about winning, do you?

I dont know why this discussion. Wilson already has a head coach for the next 3 years. You dont really think Wilson gives a dam about winning, do you?

He might not give a damn about winning, but he isnt stupid enough to think that keeping DJ will lead to another year of high season ticket sales.

He didn't do anything with the retread that can't win this time, so I think he goes back to the hot coordinator next. He'll look at the success Gregg Williams is having as NO DC and think he has to go back to that type of coach.

He will hire another Yes Man, somewhat successful coordinator, poor head coaching record if any experience as a head coach and first and foremost he must come cheap. In other words another Mularkey, Greg Williams or Dick Juaron.

I dont know whats more depressing, living through another season of DJ or thinking of who is going to replace him.

I just pray to God that the next coach isn't a "player's coach." I want a coach who will get in players faces and challenge them in public (i.e. Mike Tomlin with Mendenhall) instead of apologizing for them (vintage Dick Jauron). I know it might not lead to Ws, but it sure as hell will feel good to know our coach is as pissed off as us when we make inexcusable mistakes (i.e. McKelvin fumble).

He didn't do anything with the retread that can't win this time, so I think he goes back to the hot coordinator next. He'll look at the success Gregg Williams is having as NO DC and think he has to go back to that type of coach.

not to mention all the recent success guys like Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, and Josh McDaniels are having.

oh my, what if it is Gregg. :wallbash:

Stupid poll

"I am retarded and BILLieve Ralph will hire a big-time coach (i.e Cower, Shanahan, Gruden)"

What does being retarded have anything to do with wanting a big-time coach. Besides, this poll has already been done. Show some damn sensitivity.

Stupid poll

"I am retarded and BILLieve Ralph will hire a big-time coach (i.e Cower, Shanahan, Gruden)"

What does being retarded have anything to do with wanting a big-time coach. Besides, this poll has already been done. Show some damn sensitivity.

The option isnt if you WANT a big-time coach...its if you think Ralph will hire one. And if you do, you're retarded.

Besides, I explained that previously in the thread. Show some damn sensitivity.