OT - Prayer request for a friend this evening in

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is unfair sometimes. This man derserves so much better and I cannot fathom God's plan in all of this. Please pray for his recovery and support for his family.

117410[/snapback]

Will do.

I do want to respond to your questioning of God's plan. I can only tell you what I believe. I do not believe that God micromanages our lives to the point where God makes us do everything we do, or saves us from the consequences of what we do. The tragedies in life are real but I don't believe God causes them. That does not mean I think your friend is responsible. I don't know the particulars of the car accident, whether he caused it, another driver, vehicle failure or something in the driving conditions for which he could not be prepared, but all of them somehow relate to human decisions. I drive a car like just about everyone else. In doing so I accept the risk that something can happen that would put me in the same position as your friend.

In our culture we tend to place a higher value on life than anything else. Surprisingly, that's not true of every culture, nor is it true of the Bible. In the Bible, the highest value is placed on trusting God. As a believer, I have confidence that as long as I'm trusting in God, somehow it will work out in the end. That does not mean I will be protected from the tragedy that has affected your friend, but that in the end the promise of eternal life and eternal fellowship with God will make even that a worthwhile price to pay.

I know some will slam me for that point of view, but that's how I feel. I do feel for you and for you friend, and I do believe in the power of prayer.

Just to give an update.

He is still in a drug induced coma. His neck vertabrae are broken in two places and they dont think he will walk again. He has many broken bones in his body they cant set because they cant move him to set them.

He is still on a breathing machine because his lungs were collaped and damaged.

Fortunately his other major organs are OK so he may just survive this, although still considered critical.

It was a single car accident on a major freeway so no one knows what happened at this point. But they do know he hit a on of those freeway barrels or barrier things and flipped over many times.

Thanks for the many prayers.