Will stubbornness keep Langston Walker off of this team?

Got_Wood

I don't think Walker asked for his release in that he had a high contract that no team would match or exceed. Once the Bills cut him he didn't get paid anymore so there is no good reason to lose all that money. The thing is it would be hard for the Bills to go back now and try to bring him back in since he would know it would only be until the other players healed. Is it worth it to him to make a few weeks salary at this point in his life?

When the Bills cut Walker, there was no spot for him on the line. The team decided Butler at RT was better than moving him back & shuffling the line. That all should have changed when Butler went on IR. Instead of installing Scott, they should have called Walker & signed him.

Since Butler is out for the season & Walker is better than Chambers & Scott, he would be playing the remainder of the season. Additionally, if he proves competent this year, who knows what next year's coach will do with him? Also instead of sitting home, he gets an opportunity to start & showcase himself to the league the rest of this season in case the Bills interest is only for 2009. Any way you look at it, re-signing Walker is win-win for Walker & the Bills.

Cutting Walker had nothing to do with Jauron's pride. It had everything to do with saving money. To get him back now, Brandon and the boys would have to get him to agree to some kind of lesser contract. Isn't it painfully obvious to you by now that Wilson has decided to stop spending any more money this season?? :lol::lol:

thats total BS. did you watch the guy play in the pre season? if you did then your blind.

bell even @ this stage is a much better player and their was no comparison between butler and walker butler was by far the better player.

not many teams keep 5 million dollar back ups.

go learn how things work in the NFL because you obviously dont have a clue!

Well Butler went down for the season I thought Walker would instantly be contacted, at the time it was only 2 weeks after he got cut, he wasnt that much out of the loop, new the playbook and the players, and had time to realize nobody wants to sign him. Im not sure if Langston had an attitude like Peters, or our front office is stubburn, If Butler went out for a few games I could see plugging Scott or Chambers in But after week 2 he goes out forthe season..makes no sense to me

Well considering the huge amount of interest he is getting now, I'd be willing to bet that he does.

Might want to check his phone for incoming calls from Oakland...

thats total BS. did you watch the guy play in the pre season? if you did then your blind.

bell even @ this stage is a much better player and their was no comparison between butler and walker butler was by far the better player.

not many teams keep 5 million dollar back ups.

go learn how things work in the NFL because you obviously dont have a clue!

OK Mr. NFL Wizard, since you have all the answers on how things work in the NFL, why doesn't Brandon use some of the salary he saved cutting Walker to sign a better veteran OL to back up his two young tackles that are both already injured?? And you're right, not many teams keep 5 Million dollar back ups. I'm sure only the good ones do, since they know that sometimes younger players beat out the higher paid vets, but they also realize they need the higher paid vets for at least the rest of the season as solid depth. Do you really think Langston Walker would have played as badly on either side then those two scrap heap tackles played against Miami? He was already on the team and his salary was already counted against the cap. It would not have hurt the Bills salary - wise one dollar to keep Walker on the team the rest of this season.

And you defend the decision to cut him, after you watched those two clowns made a former star on his last leg and a CFL free agent both look like Bruce Smith Sunday?? Now who doesn't have a clue?? :cry:

Isn't it painfully obvious to you by now that Wilson has decided to stop spending any more money this season?? :cry::w00t:

Very true. He's doesn't have to worry about selling any more tickets, so

why bother?

Any real change will be after this season, no way he forks over money for

a new HC or any real players. Only money he will spend on a player is with

the money saved by cutting another, or if he's forced to by injury.

OK Mr. NFL Wizard, since you have all the answers on how things work in the NFL, why doesn't Brandon use some of the salary he saved cutting Walker to sign a better veteran OL to back up his two young tackles that are both already injured?? And you're right, not many teams keep 5 Million dollar back ups. I'm sure only the good ones do, since they know that sometimes younger players beat out the higher paid vets, but they also realize they need the higher paid vets for at least the rest of the season as solid depth. Do you really think Langston Walker would have played as badly on either side then those two scrap heap tackles played against Miami? He was already on the team and his salary was already counted against the cap. It would not have hurt the Bills salary - wise one dollar to keep Walker on the team the rest of this season.

And you defend the decision to cut him, after you watched those two clowns made a former star on his last leg and a CFL free agent both look like Bruce Smith Sunday?? Now who doesn't have a clue?? :unsure:

Thanks, you saved me from having to type the exact same thing.

With Bell back at LT and Walker at RT, we have at least a short term solution. But no doubt, we need to draft a big OT or sign a free agent OT in the offseason.

Gonna have to be in the draft, with the joke this organization has become, no top of the line Pro Bowl veteran is going to wanna come here.

Geez... its been over 4 weeks since Walker joined the unemployment ranks.

So, please remind me, with all of the injuries to offensive linemen in the NFL, and Walker's size and several years as an NFL starte, why is he still unemployed?

I'll let the rest of you answer that question.

PS... I think Terrance Pennington, Tuten Reyes, & Teague might be bagging groceries somewhere... someone send John Guy a memo.

Look folks... you can surround Captain Checkdown with an allpro OL. He's still gonna be captain checkdown and the results are going to be the same.

No addition of personnel is going to cure this team. Only a total gutting of the FO and replacing them with competent football people, plus RW's Willingness to back off at least two steps will fix it. Trust me, a real football man will recognize the willy nilly idiots in this organization and the amatuer coaching staff and send them packing

A big part of the reason he check's down so much is because he doesn't have time to let a play downfield develop. Give him time, and he might be able to go downfield once in awhile and not run for his life and throw it to the first back he sees to avoid another sack.