Teams that fired their O-coordinators during the preseason...

Heels20X6

...have a combined record of 1-11. That's us, KC, and Tampa Bay (elite company I know...). I heard that comment on MNF and both Jaws and Gruden commented on what a terrible idea it is to fire your OC so close to the season starting.

Sure, AVP is an upgrade over Turk, but why the HECK wasn't that call made at the end of last season?!?!

Our losing chickens are coming home to roost...

...have a combined record of 1-11. That's us, KC, and Tampa Bay (elite company I know...). I heard that comment on MNF and both Jaws and Gruden commented on what a terrible idea it is to fire your OC so close to the season starting.

Sure, AVP is an upgrade over Turk, but why the HECK wasn't that call made at the end of last season?!?!

It just points to the real problem not being a still complex though straight-forward move of can Jauron, but that the real problem is up above the HC level with the pseudo GM and team owner.

I am not sure which would be a worst indictment of the FO, they were totally complicit in and drivers of the stupidly timed Turk firing or on the other hand this was all Jauron's doing but somehow the FO lets hom pull such stupid moves.

Either way it is a firing offense for your psudo GM and though you csnnot fire the owner the buck has to start and stop with Mr. Ralph as he ultimately signs all the checks.

He already has shown a willingness to give the car keys to another guy as TD had a never before held title and got to whatever he wanted. Unfortunately this seemed to include him picking not ready for prime time coaches.

Mr. Ralph needs to face reality and give the car keys to Holmgren, Shanahan or Gruden or some other person who has proved he can win the Big Shoe qnd then for the most part get the heck out of the way.

He already has shown a willingness to give the car keys to another guy as TD had a never before held title and got to whatever he wanted. Unfortunately this seemed to include him picking not ready for prime time coaches.

I wouldn't blame that on Donahoe so much given the organization's track record before and since.

Yup. Like I said when it happened -- it could end up being a good long-term move, but the timing of it left a lot to be desired.

Those 3 teams have something in common besides all firing their Offensive Coordinators, they all suck now and all did before they changed OCs.

Yup. Like I said when it happened -- it could end up being a good long-term move, but the timing of it left a lot to be desired.

I feel badly for a few people this season, but worst for AVP. Here's a guy who's growing in the organization and learning the trade. Suddenly, he jumps multiple levels of responsibility with no time to prepare for it. On top of that, he gets 2 primadonna/quitter WRs. A young line that overplays--and then gets 40% of it decimated. A young QB without a line or QB coach. A decent tight end who is lost out of the gate. A bad head coach. An RB controversy (not that there's much doubt who's better...but it's not easy to bench the 1st round draft pick). Alex was given a pile of **** to polish to gold in a week's time. I hope the Bills can move him back to QB coach next year under whatever coaching regime follows Jauron's.