Not fair to pick on old people...

sharper802

Says who...

Marv Levy is to blame for most of the problems on this team. He actually did the amazing and turned out to be worse than Donahoe. Anyone catch what Patrick Willis did this weekend??? "Talent without character" Marv said he wasn't interested in Willis at the time. He is solely responsible for the o-line situation. He is the one who overpaid for all those FA lineman that sucked and pissed off our Pro-Bowl LT. He is responsible for Jauron. He was talked into drafting Edwards by a cancer ridden, former genius Bill Walsh with chemo brain. He is responsible for Josh Reed, Ryan Denney, and Chris Kelsay being so overpaid it limits what tightwad Wilson will spend on back-ups.

And I'll say it....

He doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. Bill Polian does. Levy was outwitted by true masterminds, Parcells, Belichick, Gibbs, and Johnson.

Says who...

Marv Levy is to blame for most of the problems on this team. He actually did the amazing and turned out to be worse than Donahoe. Anyone catch what Patrick Willis did this weekend??? "Talent without character" Marv said he wasn't interested in Willis at the time. He is solely responsible for the o-line situation. He is the one who overpaid for all those FA lineman that sucked and pissed off our Pro-Bowl LT. He is responsible for Jauron. He was talked into drafting Edwards by a cancer ridden, former genius Bill Walsh with chemo brain. He is responsible for Josh Reed, Ryan Denney, and Chris Kelsay being so overpaid it limits what tightwad Wilson will spend on back-ups.

And I'll say it....

He doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. Bill Polian does. Levy was outwitted by true masterminds, Parcells, Belichick, Gibbs, and Johnson.

he was outwitted by belicheck.Parcells lucked out being associated with belicheck--never did much on his own. Gibbs and Johnson had more talent to work with.

Those personnel moves were atrocious--agreed.

he was outwitted by belicheck.Parcells lucked out being associated with belicheck--never did much on his own. Gibbs and Johnson had more talent to work with.

Those personnel moves were atrocious--agreed.

Yes, in retrospect, Levy has made some horrible decisions that make him no better than Donahoe. Let's face it -- Levy was a very good special teams coach and a decent motivator -- a quality that is very important and not to be dismissed, so I don't want to totally bash Levy here, but the fact is that Ted Marchibroda was the brains behind that powerful offense. Levy was a decent game manager and performed his role well and got those around him to work hard and effectively, but I don't think he was any sort of a coaching genius when it came to X's and O's. The HC should be both a motivator and a very good X's and O's guy and needs to understand all phases of the game as Belichick does and not just defense or just offense or just special teams. Whatever guy fits that description is the guy we are looking for.