Which post-Kelly starting QB would you rather have?

DFITZ1

Which post-Kelly starting QB would you rather have?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Post Kelly QB's

• T. Collins
    • Rob Johnson
    • Doug Flutie
    • Drew Bledsoe
    • JP Losman
    • Stay with Trent Edwards
    • Brian Moorman (2 passes, 2 TD's ain't bad)

And yet he led the team to 9-7 and 8-8 seasons... The only winning record the team has had since last making the playoffs.

But yeah, he was terrible. :thumbsup:

Fez, I will once again give you an opportunity to get off the hook for the $10 you will owe me when Drew is not a first-ballot HOF'er. All you have to do is publicly acknowledge that I was right + you were wrong about him, and I will forget the bet. Be advised that this offer will not be available much longer.

And yet he led the team to 9-7 and 8-8 seasons... The only winning record the team has had since last making the playoffs.

But yeah, he was terrible. :thumbsup:

He was pretty terrible. He didn't "lead" us to a 9-7 season - we pretty much lucked into it because of our second half schedule that had us playing the dregs of the NFL for six straight weeks. We started that season 0-4 because the offense (especially Bledsoe) totally sucked.

Bledsoe's record as a starter in Buffalo against teams that finished with 10 or more wins was 2-14. His career record was 8-38. He was a guy who was born one generation too late. The zone blitz and his inability to evolve doomed him when he should have been at his best.

Fez, I will once again give you an opportunity to get off the hook for the $10 you will owe me when Drew is not a first-ballot HOF'er. All you have to do is publicly acknowledge that I was right + you were wrong about him, and I will forget the bet. Be advised that this offer will not be available much longer.

You're just afraid because you don't want to pay me $50 when he's inducted.

But I'll let you off if you pay me $25 now.

Otherwise, no deal. :unsure:

you forgot Billy Joe Hobert, Kelly Holcomb

That's because they were forgettable, and neither declared the franchise starter. However, Billy Joe hobert will forever be resurrected as an example of how to get cut, and how NOT to talk to the press. Not studying the playbook, then enterring a game as teh backup QB and playing like a confused dufiss, and THEN telling the press you didn't study the playbook has to be the dumbest day in the life of an NFL back-up

He was pretty terrible. He didn't "lead" us to a 9-7 season - we pretty much lucked into it because of our second half schedule that had us playing the dregs of the NFL for six straight weeks. We started that season 0-4 because the offense (especially Bledsoe) totally sucked.

Bledsoe's record as a starter in Buffalo against teams that finished with 10 or more wins was 2-14. His career record was 8-38. He was a guy who was born one generation too late. The zone blitz and his inability to evolve doomed him when he should have been at his best.

Isn't that pretty much the story of the 2000's? I actually wonder if Tom Brady would've had the same fortune here, and we would've run HIM out of town.

No, it really hasn't.

The o-line isn't great, but has improved on teh running game. Last year it seemed like ML or FJ had to shed 2-3 tacklers just to get to the line of scrimmage. This year there are more holes. I'm hoping Lynch will have a breakout year once he returns.

The o-line isn't great, but has improved on teh running game. Last year it seemed like ML or FJ had to shed 2-3 tacklers just to get to the line of scrimmage. This year there are more holes. I'm hoping Lynch will have a breakout year once he returns.

There's more holes because opponents aren't putting 8-9 in the box anymore. With TO and Evans, they have to respect the pass, even if Trent isn't throwing it to them much. You can't expect 5 OL to block 8 defenders....

So in that respect, TO was still a great pickup.