Perfect Coach for the Bills

Boolay

He's actually a real possibility. Here's how I see it playing out: Fisher may get canned, and Jerry J will snatch him up. If not, JJ and Snyder will bid over Shanahan - there is just no way we get Shanny. If Shanny doesn't go to Washington, they'll get Cowher instead. Holmgren to Carolina or possibly Cleveland. I'm hoping that leaves us with a real chance at Gruden, who hopefully saw enough that intrigued him on Monday night. I think Edwards is exactly the type of QB he'd like to have - smart, decisive, unafraid of running a short passing game (ugh). Gruden was very successful in Oakland (Gannon) and TB (Johnson) with similar types of QBs.

Gruden cause a bit of a mess in Tampa by undermining his players - he's an odd dude. That said, he wasn't responsible for the mess of a roster they have. Aside from his peculiar habit of stockpiling QBs, I don't think he was the one responsible for the poor drafts (especially on the defensive side of the ball) or the salary cap issues they had a couple of years ago.

He'd also bring some toughness and some CONFIDENCE to the Bills' sideline. I'd like to see it happen.

Actually I'm thinking Wilson will go with one of the retreads that get fired, maybe Jack Del Rio or John Fox. I wouldn't mind either of those guys in all honesty, tough coaches who show some emotion. Probably won't take us to the promised land but a definite upgrade over Dickie Boy. Actually now that I think about it, IF Jauron was to get the boot I know who Wilson will go for. He'll reach down into the UFL for a former Bills LB in Jim Haslett.

Love this thread, but unless Ralph dies there will be a nobody head coach in this job...that is, IF DJ gets fired.

In Ralphs perspective, he keeps his overhead down by paying DJ pennies, adds guys like TO for a year, and some other type of gimic he can come up with to keep selling tickets.

The Bills are not the most profitable, but make no mistake about it, they ARE profitable.

Ralph doesnt care about the team winning or losing. He's running a business, which is still profitable. Win or lose, they're profitable and thats all that counts to him.

I say, dont expect any major coaching change anymore this year. Just my opinion.

Guest dog14787
John Gruden.. Won at Oakland , Won at Tampa. Cowher isn't coming to Buffalo, he is waiting for the Carolina job to open up.

I'm with you :devil:

Love this thread, but unless Ralph dies there will be a nobody head coach in this job...that is, IF DJ gets fired.

In Ralphs perspective, he keeps his overhead down by paying DJ pennies, adds guys like TO for a year, and some other type of gimic he can come up with to keep selling tickets.

The Bills are not the most profitable, but make no mistake about it, they ARE profitable.

Ralph doesnt care about the team winning or losing. He's running a business, which is still profitable. Win or lose, they're profitable and thats all that counts to him.

I say, dont expect any major coaching change anymore this year. Just my opinion.

Unfortunately you have summed up the situation perfectly.

I was thinking about this last night. Big names aren't going to come here because they won't get the control or the cash. I don't want some coach who is a diva, just someone who understands the nuts and bolts, and that isn't scared to make decisions on game day.

The name popped into my head last night: Russ Grimm.

He's had h/c interviews and is the assistant h/c & O-line coach for the Cardinals.

Actually I'm thinking Wilson will go with one of the retreads that get fired, maybe Jack Del Rio or John Fox. I wouldn't mind either of those guys in all honesty, tough coaches who show some emotion. Probably won't take us to the promised land but a definite upgrade over Dickie Boy. Actually now that I think about it, IF Jauron was to get the boot I know who Wilson will go for. He'll reach down into the UFL for a former Bills LB in Jim Haslett.

Ding Ding Ding!

I full expect one of those guys to be our next HC...probably Del Rio since he's proven less and would come cheaper.