Will somebody please put a leash on Jerry Gray?

Simon

Will someone please put a leash on Jerry Gray. My goodness. Its not like he has coached us into the 3rd ranked defense in the league or anything ....

He also just coached us into a 40yrd completion on 3rd/long in their own end because of another ill-advised blitz.

Almost all of the Patriots positive plays on both their scoring drives have come on Bill's blitzes. Fortunately the D has come up big deep in it's own end where Gray can't !@#$ it up too bad.

I like Gray for hte most part but there are times he's got to keep it in his pants. This is one of them and he isn't doing it.

He also just coached us into a 40yrd completion on 3rd/long in their own end because of another ill-advised blitz.

Almost all of the Patriots positive plays on both their scoring drives have come on Bill's blitzes. Fortunately the D has come up big deep in it's own end where Gray can't !@#$ it up too bad.

I like Gray for hte most part but there are times he's got to keep it in his pants. This is one of them and he isn't doing it.

116784[/snapback]

Simon I know what you're saying but against Brady and tha Pat's offense it can be equally as risky to not put any pressure at all on him and allow him to pick you apart. Our D simply must adjust, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as you're making it. Reese is Reese and can only be hidden so well.

Simon I know what you're saying but against Brady and tha Pat's offense it can be equally as risky to not put any pressure at all on him and allow him to pick you apart.

It's not just the receivers running free downfield, or the easy underneath stuff that the corners can't attack because they know they've got no help over the top. We're also pouring guys across the LOS between the tackles when the know damned well Belichik/Weiss are going to continue to attack Posey like they always do.

All this blitzing is exposing us on both edges and destroying the integrity of the secondary. Whats the point when we've seen Brady shred everybody who tries it?

Let the front4 see what it can do and make Brady outhink himself trying to figure out how to attack a plethora of variuous coverages. The Stillers destroyed the Pat's O two weeks ago doing exactly that.

Cya

It's not just the receivers running free downfield, or the easy underneath stuff that the corners can't attack because they know they've got no help over the top. We're also pouring guys across the LOS between the tackles when the know damned well Belichik/Weiss are going to continue to attack Posey like they always do.

All this blitzing is exposing us on both edges and destroying the integrity of the secondary. Whats the point when we've seen Brady shred everybody who tries it?

Let the front4 see what it can do and make Brady outhink himself trying to figure out how to attack a plethora of variuous coverages. The Stillers destroyed the Pat's O two weeks ago doing exactly that.

Cya

116921[/snapback]

They proved twice on the last series by the Pats that that approach doesn't work either. Posey was not even in the lineup on most of the 3rd and long early blitz plays. Also one of the "blitz" plays was 3 Down linemen only , so not really a "blitz".

They proved twice on the last series by the Pats that that approach doesn't work either.

C'mon now Tre, two plays w/ short gains doesn't "prove" anything. You could just as easily say that they "proved" blitzing doesn't work by looking at three earlier series' where they were repeatedly stung with huge plays when blitzing.

Posey was not even in the lineup on most of the 3rd and long early blitz plays.

Actually I was referring to 1st/2nd downs where the Patriots have repeatedly run at Posey's edge the last 3-4 times we've played them. Although it does bear noting that more of Brady's passes go straight at Posey's zone than anywhere else.

The defense has looked confused all night. It seems the linebackers don't know where to line up before the snap. I've seen Spikes and Fletcher both running around trying to get into position. I don't know what is wrong with the defenive backs. They are normally in good position but tonight they are letting the recievers run free after 5 yards.

C'mon now Tre, two plays w/ short gains doesn't "prove" anything. You could just as easily say that they "proved" blitzing doesn't work by looking at three earlier series' where they were repeatedly stung with huge plays when blitzing.

Actually I was referring to 1st/2nd downs where the Patriots have repeatedly run at Posey's edge the last 3-4 times we've played them. Although it does bear noting that more of Brady's passes go straight at Posey's zone than anywhere else.

117026[/snapback]

My point was pretty much that neither is going to work.

Sorry on the Posey reference. I thought you were refering to 3rd downs.