Chef

Booster4324

So there are bad cops out there, no ****. That's not what I was talking about.

No, as usual, you dismissed any reasonable claims for an issue with a blanket statement and refused to budge off the issue. My disdain for you isn't over this topic, but all similar topics where there is a reasonable cause for complaint. You are one of the most negative posters IMO.

I admit I went overboard, but the Bills' loss had no impact on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, as usual, you dismissed any reasonable claims for an issue with a blanket statement and refused to budge off the issue. My disdain for you isn't over this topic, but all similar topics where there is a reasonable cause for complaint. You are one of the most negative posters IMO.

Nah you didn't go overboard. Most immature people act that way.

Dude, you either need to stop drinking, or at least stop drinking while you're posting. Seriously.Do you have a drinking problem? Because if you think Chef is one of the most negative posters, you're either not reading enough, or you're drinking too much. Given the fact that you got already got a DUI AND was tossed around for being a dick with the arresting officers, I'm going with the latter.

We get it. You hate cops. Here's some advice I got from a smart dude. If you hate cops, next time you're in trouble, call a crack dealer. Otherwise, remember, when you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING.

Dude, you either need to stop drinking, or at least stop drinking while you're posting. Seriously.Do you have a drinking problem? Because if you think Chef is one of the most negative posters, you're either not reading enough, or you're drinking too much. Given the fact that you got already got a DUI AND was tossed around for being a dick with the arresting officers, I'm going with the latter.

We get it. You hate cops. Here's some advice I got from a smart dude. If you hate cops, next time you're in trouble, call a crack dealer. Otherwise, remember, when you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING.

I hate people that let their dogs run around without leashes......just thought I'd throw that out there.

That was 21 years ago. I rarely drink anymore, maybe once every other week. I already stipulated that most cops are stand up guys. I freely admit they have a really tough job. I also agree that people acting out makes it more likely that the next idiot will act a fool. However, if someone is going to advocate an authoritarian police state, I am going to disagree.

For the record I was totally guilty of the DUI and did not contest it. However, the cop filed a police report in which I supposedly turned from a stoplight and in 200 yards was up to 70 miles per hour. This was according to his own police report. He was reprimanded for that. I never pushed the abuse part as there was no film back then and all I had were a few bruises on my face, chest and bruise marks on my wrists from the handcuffs. You can believe me or not, but I was saying "Yes Sir" "No Sir" as respectfully as I could.

As to my remarks to Chef, what is is so different about waste of skin? I mean it might be a bit harsher than douchenozzle, but not by much. Expressing that you cannot stand another poster? That happens all the time.

That was 21 years ago. I rarely drink anymore, maybe once every other week. I already stipulated that most cops are stand up guys. I freely admit they have a really tough job. I also agree that people acting out makes it more likely that the next idiot will act a fool. However, if someone is going to advocate an authoritarian police state, I am going to disagree.

For the record I was totally guilty of the DUI and did not contest it. However, the cop filed a police report in which I supposedly turned from a stoplight and in 200 yards was up to 70 miles per hour. This was according to his own police report. He was reprimanded for that. I never pushed the abuse part as there was no film back then and all I had were a few bruises on my face, chest and bruise marks on my wrists from the handcuffs. You can believe me or not, but I was saying "Yes Sir" "No Sir" as respectfully as I could.

As to my remarks to Chef, what is is so different about waste of skin? I mean it might be a bit harsher than douchenozzle, but not by much. Expressing that you cannot stand another poster? That happens all the time.

If you can't tell the big difference between douchenozzle and waste of skin I can't help you there. :unsure: All because you disagree with me. If you dispise me that much why bother communicating with me. There are plenty of people here I wouldn't give the time of day (notice the difference between that and POS and waste of skin?) I just don't bother to read or respond to their posts. But starting a thread to call me out? What are you 12?

Can we take this back to my thread so I can close it?

I am done. I was content with this:

All I wanted was for him to step off his position a little. It isn't always the suspect's fault. Lock, delete, whatever, I got my say in. Yes, I realize I could do it (although a mod could intervene).

I am done. I was content with this:

All I wanted was for him to step off his position a little. It isn't always the suspect's fault. Lock, delete, whatever, I got my say in. Yes, I realize I could do it (although a mod could intervene).

When the hell did I ever say it was always the supects fault? :lol: You're making **** up junior. And it appears that you're at least sober this evening...but the night is still young.

When the hell did I ever say it was always the supects fault? :lol: You're making **** up junior. And it appears that you're at least sober this evening...but the night is still young.

Scroll up, my point is that you encourage the mentality that allows cops to rationalize beating a suspect. Now go back to explaining how you only help people for money.

I am done unless others keep posting. In which case, I will be happy to continue the discussion.

Scroll up, my point is that you encourage the mentality that allows cops to rationalize beating a suspect. Now go back to explaining how you only help people for money.

I am done unless others keep posting. In which case, I will be happy to continue the discussion.

My opinion incourages the mentality? There's something mental in that remark alright. :lol: And what does my profession have to do with any of this? And no way you're done. You start a thread that calls me out and you want to back out of it? That's pretty pathetic.

My opinion incourages the mentality? There's something mental in that remark alright. :lol: And what does my profession have to do with any of this? And no way you're done. You start a thread that calls me out and you want to back out of it? That's pretty pathetic.

I said I would be happy to keep going.

Yes, your expressed beliefs and others like you encourage that mentality. You are a fairly convincing online personality (made-up or not) so you can influence others to feel as you do.

A few hypothetical videos:

Video A shows some some punk acting a fool with the cops and presenting a clear danger to those around him. The cops taser him and someone posts it on Youtube. A bunch of idiots are inspired by this to act a fool with the police due to brutality. The police did the right thing and the asshat who started the situation as well as the person who posted the video all share some sort of culpability. That is your argument and I agree actually. A drunk chick at a Lions game would be an example of this type of video.

I would go a step further, when there are 800 messages all calling the cops pigs and screaming police brutality it encourages further idiotic behavior.

Video B shows a cop subduing someone in a questionable situation. There could be video missing, there could be no audio, but the suspect gets taken down. Without evidence of something else it makes it where the cop should be believed. Especially if the suspect has obviously committed a crime, including DUI. Another example would be the G-20 protests. Should the cops have been shoving a biker in the back with batons? Probably not, as that is sorta asking for a situation, especially as the bikes get crowded together. Were the protesters creating a tense situation and the cops probably had enough? Probably.

The police probably did the right thing. The woman who decided to ride with the protesters is probably at fault. The guy who took the video and posted it to Youtube isn't necessarily doing a disservice at this point. People should view the video objectively and decide for themselves. Again those who pick a hard line position without regards to the evidence share part of the blame for public perception and any encouragement of further actions in imitation.

Video C shows a cop beating the **** out of someone we find out committed a crime, but was helpless for whatever reason. Examples include throwing people into walls and floors while handcuffed. The kid who got tossed into the wall face first had his injuries labeled Not Intentional. People who post the videos are doing a service IMO. Those who post objectively are doing a service.

Video D is the officer who beats his pregnant girlfriend and threatens to kill her. These officers taser kids with broken backs and little old ladies. Scum of the Earth and deserve jail time.

You do not post in threads about the latter two because you cannot really defend their actions. You instead focus on incidents like the girl at the Lions game. By comparing a ridiculous video where it is clearly the suspect's fault to a questionable video like the G-20 riots you call many videos into question. You do this sort of thing all the time.

And what does my profession have to do with any of this?

Since you asked, you stated that you helped people all the time. You then went on to say if you weren't getting paid to help them you would just go back to cooking. To me that is the essence of your online personality. Made-up or not.

Like my industry. I put helping people as my number one priority. But I also know that if I work my ass off and help lots of people I'm going to be paid pretty well for it. If my income was was greatly reduced due to some altruistic ideal that society placed on my profession I'd go back to cooking.

My altrusism? I'm not altruistic. Sure I'm selfish. If the motivation to do well for yourself is taken away what have you got? Ever talk to someone from a communist country. You should sometime, it's very enlightening as to the reason why this country has become what it has and their countries are where they are and why those people now live here. Funny how someone who has lived in the country for a few years loves it more that you do. Why do you think that is?

You simply come across as not caring about anyone IMO.

You do not post in threads about the latter two because you cannot really defend their actions. You instead focus on incidents like the girl at the Lions game. By comparing a ridiculous video where it is clearly the suspect's fault to a questionable video like the G-20 riots you call many videos into question. You do this sort of thing all the time.

You do not post in threads about accountants, mechanics or cashiers who perform these acts and blame it on their profession.

Since you asked, you stated that you helped people all the time. You then went on to say if you weren't getting paid to help them you would just go back to cooking. To me that is the essence of your online personality. Made-up or not.

You simply come across as not caring about anyone IMO.

I think that's pretty reasonable to say that if you didn't get paid for the profession you chose that you would consider changing professions.

And the fact the I said I'm selfish means I'm not caring? If you had quoted another of my posts (picking and choosing really helps one's arguement, good job, I do it all the time here :thumbdown: ) you'd see that I also said that my main priority is to help people and by helping these people I'm compensated quite nicely and they appreciate the help I give them and many have said I don't make enough. But you take away the incentive to earn a good living by helping these people you tend to lose the desire to help them I have clients thank me all the time but thanks don't pay the mortgage and put food on the table.

But anyway attacking my profession in a thread about police brutality again points to your immaturity.

And not for nothing, but you come across as caring just a weeee to much about Chef, if you get my drift.

Have another cocktail, sailor. He's spoken for.

You know you have a point here. He did attack the level of caring I have for my wife in a PM he sent me. Jesus Christ, you move to San Francisco and every gay wannabe tries to pick up on you. :thumbdown:

I think that's pretty reasonable to say that if you didn't get paid for the profession you chose that you would consider changing professions.

And the fact the I said I'm selfish means I'm not caring? If you had quoted another of my posts (picking and choosing really helps one's arguement, good job, I do it all the time here :w00t: ) you'd see that I also said that my main priority is to help people and by helping these people I'm compensated quite nicely and they appreciate the help I give them and many have said I don't make enough. But you take away the incentive to earn a good living by helping these people you tend to lose the desire to help them I have clients thank me all the time but thanks don't pay the mortgage and put food on the table.

But anyway attacking my profession in a thread about police brutality again points to your immaturity.

I will come back to the bolded later.

So we have established you agree there are bad cops.

When the hell did I ever say it was always the supects fault? :thumbdown: You're making **** up junior. And it appears that you're at least sober this evening...but the night is still young.

And you agree it is not always the suspect’s fault.

Actually no, my opinion is that the potential for cop "brutality" would make people think twice before they did something stupid. But I doubt it. Same reason why when we were kids we were more afraid of authority (mainly our parents) because of the fear they might smack us. That is why I feel that kids get away with too much these days.

Yet you feel there should be a potential for cop "brutality". By fostering this authoritarian mentality, you are almost guaranteeing it when bad cops will inevitably interact with suspects not at fault.

I will come back to the bolded later.

So we have established you agree there are bad cops.

And you agree it is not always the suspect’s fault.

Yet you feel there should be a potential for cop "brutality". By fostering this authoritarian mentality, you are almost guaranteeing it when bad cops will inevitably interact with suspects not at fault.

So my opinion that if people feared the police more (because they sure as hell don't respect them) they might think twice about being an idiot is somehow, in your mind anyway, is going to guarantee that cops are going to bash people's heads in. Ok, got it. But see I don't need to fear the cops, because I respenct them. A cop would never ever have any reason to bash my head in because I never find myself in that situation. You know, handcuffed, calling a cop dude, throwing my bike at them, getting busted for DUI, calling a cop a mother !@#$er. See why do people do that? Because they don't fear the consequences of their actions....that's what I'm talking about.

My opinion does not foster anything.

Like grudge holding drunks who are being wiseguys and snideley asking what they're signing?