SHOCKEY

BB Fan 4 LIFE

Shiv the mofo! :rolleyes:

Actually, I would put Scott on him as well. Maybe a little gamesmanship towards Shockey as well, he's a former 'Cane, so he's always one trash-talk episode away from flipping his lid and taking himself out of the game.

* Note that rule does not apply to former player from "duh U" Ray Lewis.

I can't wait until we replace him with an NFL caliber linebacker

you know who would be awesome to have on our team to cover a TE and play the LB position? someone that played as an oversized safety in college. You know one that is too slow to play safety in the NFL but could play as a fast LB? That would be the perfect scenario.

Oh wait...wait a tick...we already have someone like that. His name is Nic Harris!

Two things: we run the cover 2 and don't have a LB on the roster that is better than average (at best) in pass coverage which puts the safetys at a disadvantage. They are too small (Whitner/Byrd) or too slow (Scott) to primarily cover TE's.....Trade for Derrick Johnson baby!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

The Bills have allowed a league-high four TD catches to tight ends after two games.

How do we stop this trend?

- Talk amongst yaselvs.

For one thing, every one of those TDs has been targeted at our back up MLB. That is no coincidence. I do not see many realistic options other than find a better linebacker. Might just have to be a weakness for now.

Upon reading a few more posts, I actually am partial to the Nic Harris idea. Hey it worked pretty well for Urlacher. :rolleyes:

Upon a few seconds of thought, it occurred to me: maybe Maybin?

you know who would be awesome to have on our team to cover a TE and play the LB position? someone that played as an oversized safety in college. You know one that is too slow to play safety in the NFL but could play as a fast LB? That would be the perfect scenario.

Oh wait...wait a tick...we already have someone like that. His name is Nic Harris!

BINGO!!!!! Nic Harris is the answer.

Put Scott on him. Last year Scott did a tremendous job against Gonzales. I think he could handle it.

I'd be hesitant to refer to 10 catches for 100+ yards and a TD as tremendous defense on a TE. Especially considering that was Gonzales' season high for both catches and yards.

I'm expecting more of the same on Sunday. :rolleyes:

For one thing, every one of those TDs has been targeted at our back up MLB. That is no coincidence. I do not see many realistic options other than find a better linebacker. Might just have to be a weakness for now.

Upon reading a few more posts, I actually am partial to the Nic Harris idea. Hey it worked pretty well for Urlacher. :rolleyes:

Upon a few seconds of thought, it occurred to me: maybe Maybin?

what part don't you like about the Nic Harris idea? I personally think it is a perfect fit to cover someone like shockey so im just curious to see the other side of it.

I'd be hesitant to refer to 10 catches for 100+ yards and a TD as tremendous defense on a TE. Especially considering that was Gonzales' season high for both catches and yards.

I'm expecting more of the same on Sunday. :rolleyes:

What about putting Yobouty on him? He's big, decent in run support and did well against Winslow last week.

What about putting Yobouty on him? He's big, decent in run support and did well against Winslow last week.

Totally with you on this, Harris is too untested and Yobouty is good at/for this in particular. One question I have is Mc kelvin healthy this week?

I think they should man up more on the Saints to try to slow Brees down. Make the patterns last longer and it will be good for frontal pressure. IMO

I think blizting is asking for a burn and the bend don't break, would be give don't take against them.

All you guys make great points. This game is really shaping up as a chess match. I can't wait.

I think the Harris and the Yobouty proposals are both interesting. BTW, most of us were really down on Ashton this preseason and many of us were speculating on whether he would even make the final roster. He might have been saved by Drayton Florence's injury. Regardless, Yobouty as we know from his brief healthiness last year, has a lot of upside. If he came up big in this game it would be very opportune (especially with the injury dings to the guys in front of him).

Yobouty also has three years in the system.

I love Nic Harris, just as I did in the live draft thread, and can't wait till he gets his chance. But I think it would be very premature to throw him out in front of probably the best offense in the NFL right now. I think if you're doing that and hoping it's a solution to something that you're really grasping for straws.

I also think that Nic Harris will be starting for us very soon and will be an upgrade over whoever he eventually replaces.