OK seriously now.....The Polls

BOTH should be ahead of USC in the polls.

I mean, come on. Look at USC's schedule. Now, look at what Auburn and Oklahoma have had to do. It's a joke really.

I'm NOT saying that USC isn't the best team in the country, however, it's been much much much tougher for Auburn and Oklahoma to get where they are than it has been for USC.

If you were to go on just what their records are and who they played.....and layed down the results with no names across the top of the schedules, no doubt Oklahoma AND Auburn have more impressive results than USC.

I'm starting to think that more and more college football is one of the most crooked institutions in America.

Let me repost this portion of a previous post of mine.

OU has beaten the number 6, 22, and 25th ranked teams in the nation.

USC has beaten the number 5, 16, and 20th ranked teams in the nation.

Auburn has beaten the number 8, 15, and 17th ranked teams in the nation.

The combined records of the opponents of the 3 schools through yesterday.

OU 57-42

USC 48-50

Auburn 45-49

Looks to me like Auburns schedule isn't as tough as everyone is making it out to be. OU has played the toughest schedule by far. The argument that USC is playing the worst schedule of the 3 doesn't hold water with these two factors in mind. If I had to put together the title game today it would be OU vs USC.

Would you like to continue to debate the schedule strength?

BUT OU will get screwed even with a tougher schedule because of the 'SEC is tougher than Big 12' Bull stevestojan.

And BF you missed one ranked opponent for OU. These rankings were at the time the teams beat them.

NUMBER OF RANKED OPPONENTS:

OU - 4 - #7 TX, #23 TX A&M, #24 OSU, #25 TX TECH

AUB - 3 - #5 UGA, #15 LSU, # 18 TN

USC - 3 - #6 CAL, # 16 VT, #20 ASU

BUT OU will get screwed even with a tougher schedule because of the 'SEC is tougher than Big 12' Bull stevestojan.

And BF you missed one ranked opponent for OU. These rankings were at the time the teams beat them.

NUMBER OF RANKED OPPONENTS:

OU - 4 - #7 TX, #23 TX A&M, #24 OSU, #25 TX TECH

AUB - 3 - #5 UGA, #15 LSU, # 18 TN

USC - 3 - #6 CAL, # 16 VT, #20 ASU

116275[/snapback]

Both Auburn and OU will play another ranked team in their conference title games. So it will end up 5, 4, and 3. Now before everyone goes criticizing USC for a weak schedule, remember one thing. It's not their fault their conference hasn't adopted a title game. As far as the regular season goes their schedule is better then Auburns.

I have no problem with OU being in the title game ICE, they have a tough schedule and they are unbeaten. I'm tired of seeing everyone diss USC however, because when you get down to facts their schedule is better then Auburns.

Let me repost this portion of a previous post of mine.

OU has beaten the number 6, 22, and 25th ranked teams in the nation.

USC has beaten the number 5, 16, and 20th ranked teams in the nation.

Auburn has beaten the number 8, 15, and 17th ranked teams in the nation.

The combined records of the opponents of the 3 schools through yesterday.

OU 57-42

USC 48-50

Auburn 45-49

Looks to me like Auburns schedule isn't as tough as everyone is making it out to be.  OU has played the toughest schedule by far.  The argument that USC is playing the worst schedule of the 3 doesn't hold water with these two factors in mind.  If I had to put together the title game today it would be OU vs USC.

Would you like to continue to debate the schedule strength?

116262[/snapback]

Let's use the data from a below post. And please don't make me post up the patsies that USC is able to play about 7 times this year.

LOL, but let's be realistic.

Lemme see here......let's matchup the ranked teams.....if Auburn's schedule played USC's schedule.....

Georgia would be favored over Cal

LSU would be favored over VA Tech

and Tennessee would be favored over ASU

The reason CAL, VT and ASU can keep their rankings up are simply because of their schedule. They are beating up on patsies every week, while Auburn and the SEC have to fight through "tough" easy games. VT has beaten up some very average teams in the ACC also. They (VT) have their tough part of the schedule coming.

The PAC 10 is usually over-looked. This year though, it's awful. If you can honestly sit here and tell me you'd rather play Auburn's schedule rather than USC's, including two games yet, you need your head examined!

NO DOUBT, both Auburn and OU have had the tougher road to get there

EVERYTHING you have said is debateable.

I wouldn't favor Georgia over Cal. Georgia sucks.

LSU and Tech? That one is too close to call in my opinion. LSU is very inconsistant.

Tennessee over ASU I agree with.

The simple fact is, the records don't lie. USC is going to play Notre Dame either this week or next, who already beat Tennessee AT TENNESSEE. USC is probably going to kick the hell out of Notre Dame. What does that tell you? Not much. That's why I stick to the facts. The facts are Auburn has the weakest schedule of the 3.

EVERYTHING you have said is debateable. 

I wouldn't favor Georgia over Cal.  Georgia sucks.

LSU and Tech?  That one is too close to call in my opinion.  LSU is very inconsistant.

Tennessee over ASU I agree with.

The simple fact is, the records don't lie.  USC is going to play Notre Dame either this week or next, who already beat Tennessee AT TENNESSEE.  USC is probably going to kick the hell out of Notre Dame.  What does that tell you?  Not much.  That's why I stick to the facts.  The facts are Auburn has the weakest schedule of the 3.

116330[/snapback]

You can fact all you want. You can't honestly, and with any kind of knowledge, tell me that you'd rather play Auburn's schedule over USC's.

Georgia doesn't suck. The SEC is some kind of battle every week unless playing Kentucky and maybe Vandy. Jesus. Virginia Tech MIGHT very well end up UNRANKED. Remember I said that. And ASU blows. California is good, but over-rated. The PAC 10 is horrible this season.

You can fact all you want.  You can't honestly, and with any kind of knowledge, tell me that you'd rather play Auburn's schedule over USC's. 

Georgia doesn't suck.  The SEC is some kind of battle every week unless playing Kentucky and maybe Vandy.  Jesus.  Virginia Tech MIGHT very well end up UNRANKED.  Remember I said that.  And ASU blows.  California is good, but over-rated.  The PAC 10 is horrible this season.

116425[/snapback]

Facts speak for themselves. Hypotheticals can be debated forever.

Facts speak for themselves.  Hypotheticals can be debated forever.

116434[/snapback]

LMAO...............I can't believe I'm debating something I don't even really care about......however, I'll post some interesting facts embarassing USC on Tuesday after this week's Bills fodder wears down.

USC's schedule will also keep gettng worse as these schools they play keep losing and the season winds down.

VT and ASU will soon be after-thoughts, and Cal will be the only "good" win USC will have.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, until I have time to spell it out.......

Go Bills tonight!