Improving the D - most important issue

checkdownthis

What can the Bills do to shore up their defense? I think this is the most important issue right now for the Bills.

NE drove at will in the 4th Quarter, esp up the middle.

Leftwich/TB also drove at will at times.

Brees/NO must be salivating if the Bills D continues at this pace....

Uuuuuuh, if a 42 yard dart, being set up inside the 15 after a turnover, and completing passes with your eyes closed while being hauled to the ground by four defenders is "driving at will," then yeah, I guess we need to improve?

Considering the Bucs only SNIFFED scoring opportunities because of the aforementioned, I'd say the defense played alright.

I can say that on a half a dozen runs he made glaring mistakes or found himself seven yards past the line of scrimmage. He also had some good plays. Of course Poz is going to say he played well. Ellison looked much better.

I'm one of the biggest detractors of the Bills defense, but this week they were pretty damn good. If they continue to pressure the qb and create turnovers, that will be great.

I really don't like the way they played against NE*, they gave up too many long, time consuming drives (I won't even get into the last two drives), but they did a much better job against Tampa.

I have been happy with the Bills D so far. I think that they go through spurts however. They look great for 3-4 posessions then have a let down but that is going to happen to Ds not named the Steelers (and maybe now the Jets). This will be a great test. WE MUST GET A PASS RUSH ON BREES.

The D is doing well, but I'd say they are two front 7 players away from being championship caliber. A LB and big noseguard type who can consistently push the pocket and command double teams. Stroud and Williams would look even better not to mention the LBing core. Moving in the right direction though.......