Fool Thinks Buggs Can Do The Job

VJ91

Link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/797924.html

Here's my favorite Perry "3rd Down Fool" line of the article:

"He's more then capable of running the defense"...Fool says of Buggs..."I may not be as complex as I'd like to be, just so he can play fast and not have to think as much. But he's more then capable of getting us into the checks and some of the things we'd like to do" :beer:

First of all, that is not exactly high praise for the intelligence level of your number two middle linebacker. But I really need to take issue with 3rd Down-Fool's statement about how much he's going to have to dumb down his "complex" calls out there. Complex calls?? Complex calls?? :):beer::lol:

He must be using all of his complex exotic play calls for first and second down. He only makes one freakin' defensive call for any and every third down play: I don't know the complex name for it; but translated into laymens terms this is what Poz and now Marcus will be calling every third down: "Nobody blitz, nobody get to the QB, and nobody cover anybody - zone defense......READY, BREAK!"

I will admit that Perry's boys looked better on first and second down, and they did put some good pressure on Brady during those downs too. But when Brady broke the huddle for third down, he was smiling inside. This bend but don't stop anyone on third down cover two gap defense is driving me nuts. Here's a complex scheme for you Perry, blitz the QB on third down every now and then!

Link:

"He's more then capable of running the defense"...Fool says of Buggs..."I may not be as complex as I'd like to be, just so he can play fast and not have to think as much. But he's more then capable of getting us into the checks and some of the things we'd like to do" :beer:

First of all, that is not exactly high praise for the intelligence level of your number two middle linebacker. But I really need to take issue with 3rd Down-Fool's statement about how much he's going to have to dumb down his "complex" calls out there. Complex calls?? Complex calls?? :):beer::lol:

He must be using all of his complex exotic play calls for first and second down. He only makes one freakin' defensive call for any and every third down play: I don't know the complex name for it; but translated into laymens terms this is what Poz and now Marcus will be calling every third down: "Nobody blitz, nobody get to the QB, and nobody cover anybody - zone defense......READY, BREAK!"

I will admit that Perry's boys looked better on first and second down, and they did put some good pressure on Brady during those downs too. But when Brady broke the huddle for third down, he was smiling inside. This bend but don't stop anyone on third down cover two gap defense is driving me nuts. Here's a complex scheme for you Perry, blitz the QB on third down every now and then!

Buggs is a guy who could fill in for 2 maybe 3 games and do a respectable job of holding down the fort. If he has to fill in for 4 or more games than he will get exposed because he is a back up for a reason. I really want the Bills to go after a guy like Derrick Johnson he can fill in quickly and take over at OLB once Poz comes back. If Buggs has to start till Poz comes back than we might be in trouble.

Link:

Weak post. I find nothing wrong with Perry's honest answer. Too many people read way too much into what team officials say. It's not an oracle but nearly all spin.

Buggs is a guy who could fill in for 2 maybe 3 games and do a respectable job of holding down the fort. If he has to fill in for 4 or more games than he will get exposed because he is a back up for a reason. I really want the Bills to go after a guy like Derrick Johnson he can fill in quickly and take over at OLB once Poz comes back. If Buggs has to start till Poz comes back than we might be in trouble.

Most teams don't do that. Most teams don't go out and sign a new player every time a starter goes down for several weeks. That is what the backups are for and then maybe someone from the practice squad or someone cut earlier comes in as the new back up. There are exceptions, of course, especially when there is a good veteran sitting out there not playing. But if you look at any of the injuries that occurred the first week that are serious, few teams will go out and sign a completely new player that was not cut earlier.

Weak post. I find nothing wrong with Perry's honest answer. Too many people read way too much into what team officials say. It's not an oracle but nearly all spin.

Did you watch the game Monday night? My post is nowhere near as weak as the Bills' third down defense was. I don't care about the spin from Fewell. But what exactly is he spinning? What are these complex shemes he's calling and where are the results? :blink: