McKelvin complainers, the definition of IRONY

Saying that Leodis should have downed it in the EZ is the ultimate in Tuesday Morning QBing. I want a guy returning kicks who is the best in the league to run it out! If he breaks it, game over! I don't know about you, but a 4 point lead with 2:06 to go against Tom Brady makes me very nervous. I've seen him come back from further with less time. I certainly don't want to give them another time out (2:00 warning). We may be able to get a first down maybe not. If he hadn't fumbled would the wiseness or lack thereof of running it out even come up for discussion around here? I think not.

You go Leodis.

We'll get 'em next time.

Go BILLS !!

It is not the ultimate TMQ, it is common sense in this game situation. I get the idea of trying to run the clock down to the two minute warning, but consider this for a second...

6 seconds on the football field is a lifetime. McKelvin has what, 4.4 speed? For him to run the clock down to 2:00 minutes and get down at first contact you are counting on him getting to at least the 40-45 yard line untouched. Watching the replay, initial contact on that play is at 2:03, which is where everyone is saying he should have gone down. Given that the clock stops with change of possession, we're in the same boat as if he took a knee in the endzone, only with increased risk of a fumble. Now consider that, as everyone has pointed out, the hands team is on the field meaning no blocking... unlikely in that situation to make it close to the 40 before getting hit. Now consider that the only chance NE* had was to cause a fumble, there are no blockers, and every player on NE's* coverage team is out for the ball... chances of fumbling go way up. In addition, McKelvin fumbled the previous kickoff, which either means 1) it happens, 2) he's having an off night, or 3) the Pats* have an idea of how to get the ball out of his hands.

On top of that, the Pats* couldn't stop the high percentage stuff we were running all second half, what makes you think they would have been able to do it on the last drive. They should have taken it 1st and 10 on the 20.

Edit: Looks like Armchair types faster than I do. Hats off to ya!

I would be willing to bet 90% of the people complaining about Mckelvin taking the kick out of the endzone are the same people who complain jauron is too conservative.

I would be willing to bet had Mckelvin taken a knee like many wish, we would get the ball at our own 20 before the 2min warning, and go 3 and out, punt to the patriots giving them good field position and the fans would flip out complaining about "conservative Jauron playing not to lose again"

Well Leodis tried to make something happen, the #1 kick returner, and they went for a win and it didnt work, now all of a sudden he is the most hated guy in town.

make up your mind and decide what you want, you can't have it both ways.

Hypocrite. So, you're such a "big fan" that you give the Bills ZERO chance of running enough plays to run the clock out? WTF is wrong with you?

What Leodis did was stupid, no matter how you slice it. If he really thought he'd get a safety by kneeling, then he at least should have dropped at the first contact, REMEMBERING HIS PREVIOUS FUMBLE IN THE SAME FLIPPING GAME, and realizing that, unlike Simon, everybody knows that there was NO WAY to run out six full seconds on the clock unless he either broke one for a TD, or got stood up like he did with eight Pats ripping at the ball.

And then he goes on TV and doesn't even apologize to his team for having fumbled TWICE in a game, the second time helping the Pats to a short field with 2 full minutes on the clock for the game-winning TD.

He's a dick. His lawn didn't deserve spray paint, but HE deserves all the wrath people can send him. Flipping people wanna make him !@#$ing "sorry" cakes and wipe his ass now. This town is so full of dumbasses it's astounding.

I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing Roscoe back there sooner than later if this keeps up... :D

During the commercial timeout after the TD and Extra 2 Point conversion failure, I told my wife and daughter that we should put Roscoe back there since Leodis fumbled the previous one! If only they had listened. Of course Roscoe might have fumbled too.

What I want to know, could some buffalo sports reporter ask this, was LM coached in this situation? It doesnt take a genius to know a good team like the pats with Billechik, would instruct his players to stand Leodis up and strip the ball. Did April or DJ tell LM to get down and not fight for yards? Because it sure as hell doesnt seem like he was coached about the situation. Plus Im in the downing it in the EZ, he caught it 2 yards deep and his momemtum took him another 2 yards further back, so yeah, 4 yards deep and no return blocking, Im taking a knee. The offense and especially Jackson were having success, it wasnt exactly impossible to envision a first down unless you have no faith in your offense. To me, conservative is taking it out pondering how much time youll leave Brady when you punt. Thats the ultimate in gutless football.