Is a High Quality Loss Acceptable

DFITZ1

We were supposed to lose by 10.5 points...... STFU or get TFO this board...... we dont need you here!

Easy there chippy. He has a point. We need someone to motivate a group of very talented players, and get them over the hump. When you keep it close, you lose games. You can never be satisfied in this game.

I've criticized Jauron as much as anyone, but you can't lay this one on him. There was no horrible play calling down the stretch like in the games last year. The team was ready to play and did play very well. The fumble killed them in the end, simple as that. McKelvin has got to be more aware of the need to get on the ground.

I agree with this. In fact, I thought the play calling on the final offensive drive was superb, without any BS trickery that I've come to suspect from DJ. The offense played well enough, the D had a key turnover that it converted for a TD, and the Pats running game was kept in check. Typically, that will be enough to win a game.

Unfortunately, a poor defensive series that allowed a TD too quickly- I wasn't upset the Pats scored to cut the lead (though clearly I would've preferred otherwise), I was upset it wasn't scored with under 2 minutes left- and the worst turnover imaginable (worse than losing an onsides kick) were too much to overcome. Frankly, I had confidence in the Bills' offense after their big series to make it 24 points, enough that I trusted them to ice the game if they had been given the shot.

Easy there chippy. He has a point. We need someone to motivate a group of very talented players, and get them over the hump. When you keep it close, you lose games. You can never be satisfied in this game.

Good point Doc, you did a good job of putting my feet firmly back on the ground, But you hit the nail squareely on the head. we have some very talenented players......and we should get excited about this season.

Good point Doc, you did a good job of putting my feet firmly back on the ground, But you hit the nail squareely on the head. we have some very talenented players......and we should get excited about this season.

This could have been a very exciting season if the team made a coaching change in the offseason.

It looks like the Bills have some defensive talent, but it's hard to tell when they are forced to place a bend-but-don't break defense 90% of the game.

Anyone who blames the Bills loss on "coaching," or else tries to pin the McKelvin fumble on "coaching" is a f-cking idiot.

The best kick returner in the NFL in 2008 doesn't f-cking need "coaching" to know when to bring the ball out and when not.

It's called accountability, and in this case, McKelvin screwed the pooch.

If you want to "blame" this game on someone, look at Demetrius Bell and his numerous third-down-should-be-first-down-killing penalties. Look then to McKelvin and his bone-head decision to run that ball out.

But if you decide that "coaching" was the problem, you're f-cking retarded.

You know what? F U C K YOU, you !@#$ing dickcheese. Your opinion about sh-- is about as educated as anyone else's here, so take your namecalling and shove it up your mom's ass.

Frankly, I had confidence in the Bills' offense after their big series to make it 24 points, enough that I trusted them to ice the game if they had been given the shot.

Actually our offense only scored 17. But I too would have liked to see if we could have run out the clock giving them a heavy doee of their nemesis, Fred Jackson. Or defense has got to learn how to get off the field on 3rd down though.

To the original question though, yeah, no loss is acceptable. But you know what, it was a fun game for the first 59:00. Good news is, there are 15 more games to go and we're still in it! Bring on the Bucs!

Yikes...I had no confidence in the D at that stage of the game. They had been on the field all night.

Getting the clock under 2:00 so that the Pats* needed to burn all 3 TOs was important IMO. I don't mind him running the ball out, I mind him not having both hands wrapped around the ball before he made contact with anyone.

Agreed. I just think he should have gone down and kept the ball safe. It was an instance of this team not playing scared.

On a silver lining note. Both Jon Gruden and Mike Martz seemed genuinely impressed with the Bills after no one gave them a chance. Makes me think if Jauron does get fired, a halfway decent coach would jump at the chance to coach this team.

That being said, I thought coaching was not at fault in this game. Jauron actually looked kinda intense and focused out there...

I was impressed for the most part, they were ready to play and had a good game plan.

But if you give Brady a chance to beat you he will.

I am surprised the McKelvin brought the ball out, he did pause before he brought it out of the end zone.

But he thought he could make a play, I would like to find out if April told him to bring it out or down it.

Either way I thought the Bills were well prepared for the game. This was just bad luck . I am looking forward to next weeks game against the Bucs. We should be 1-1 after that.

Anyone who blames the Bills loss on "coaching," or else tries to pin the McKelvin fumble on "coaching" is a f-cking idiot.

The best kick returner in the NFL in 2008 doesn't f-cking need "coaching" to know when to bring the ball out and when not.

It's called accountability, and in this case, McKelvin screwed the pooch.

If you want to "blame" this game on someone, look at Demetrius Bell and his numerous third-down-should-be-first-down-killing penalties. Look then to McKelvin and his bone-head decision to run that ball out.

You are missing the point of why I opened this thread to begin with. I am a well educated, long time Bills fan that cares about the team and rather show respect to my fellow Bills fan instead of acting like some Keyboard Tough Guy calling other F*ing retards and idiots. I forgive you though because someone wiser than me once said "Ignorance is Bliss"... You buddy are as ignorant as they come.

I was not blaming the loss on coaching. I didn't blame it on McKelvin. I simply am stating that our dear HC lacks any emotion which goes a long way to creating a sense of "accountability" you talk about. Like I said in the thread opener, If coach Parcells or Coach Cowher were waiting in the sidelines there would be a much greater sense of "accountability"...

Go back to drinking 40's in the corner bud

Who was responsible for cutting Walker a week before the first game and installing Bell as the new starter at LT? The guy had never played a down in an NFL game, is at the most important position on the OL and doesn't even get to huddle up to gather himself and think about his responsibilities on the next play.

That sounds like a coaching decision to me. It might work out in the long term but it cost the team in the game last night.

That being said, I agree with your basic point: the play-calling (at least on offense) wasn't bad last night.