1-3 And Dick will be gone

DerrickO

Until we see them stink it up on the field of play I do remain grudgingly optimistic. I am not optimistic for any sane reason (firing your OC just after the end of preseason and dumping your starting LT and installing a starting LT who never started before makes predictions of doom quite reasonable).

I am grudgingly optimistic despite all rational reasons pointing toward disaster because I love the Bills, this is just a game and being a fan irrationality is called for quite frankly.

I think being pessimistic before the season even starts says a lot more about the poster than it does about the football team because afterall the Bills are tied for first right now and will almost certainly be ahead of someone when Sunday night ends.

Why not hope for the best even if one expects the worse!

The truth lies somewhere in this thread. After 3 games the Bills will be 0-3, 1-2, 2-1, or 3-0 and DJ will be coaching the team or he will be fired. At this point I've dropped the unrealistic expectation that this is a playoffs or bust season for DJ and the Bills (which happened to coincide with the unofficial confirmation that the team is heavily rebuilding this season effective 10 days before the start of the season.) With lowered expectations I am free to enjoy the season without frustration, and might just be pleasantly surprised by the outcome. They might just look like a team by the end of this year, who knows. By doing all of this now, hopefully they identify a few glaring needs for the offseason while seeing if the young guys can play.

Let's face it.After Buffalo starts 1-3 Dick will be fired.Who knows if they will even beat Tampa Bay.

Bobby April will asume head coaching duties and we will be playing for the 1st or second pick in the draft.

If they want any kind of a future than they need to hire Marty.

Not Marty. He has decades of experience losing big games when his team was the better team. But 1-3 will not get DJ fired anyway, unless all the losses are by 4 touchdowns. Everyone expects the loss to NE*. They will give him some time. Now 1-5 might be a breaking point.

The truth lies somewhere in this thread. After 3 games the Bills will be 0-3, 1-2, 2-1, or 3-0 and DJ will be coaching the team or he will be fired. At this point I've dropped the unrealistic expectation that this is a playoffs or bust season for DJ and the Bills (which happened to coincide with the unofficial confirmation that the team is heavily rebuilding this season effective 10 days before the start of the season.) With lowered expectations I am free to enjoy the season without frustration, and might just be pleasantly surprised by the outcome. They might just look like a team by the end of this year, who knows. By doing all of this now, hopefully they identify a few glaring needs for the offseason while seeing if the young guys can play.

Whether it is a total rebuilding year, the painful being bitten to death by ducks of another 7-9 year, or lightening strikes (though likely lightening will have to strike twice in the same place to make this true) this team actually is competitive, the old truism that you have to take this one game at a time is simply true.

The focus now that the regular season has begun needs to be all on NE. Even worrying about or getting one's panties all up in a wad about facing TB at home is simply wrong headed if one is worried about TB.

One game at a time is the WORD(s)!

I think we will fire DJ week 16, promote Bobby April to interim HC, then hire a random crappy HC doomed for failure, forget to rehire April as ST coach and watch helplessly as he signs with the pats/fins/jets.

The thing which rings true about the post is that it seems to recognize that Jauron is only a symptom but the team leader who set the parameters for what Marv should look for in hiring and approved the deal and signs the check.

All the posts that call for Jauron's head strike me as fine analysis of the current situation but lousy analysis of the whole team situation. As bad as someone wants to complain about Jauron racking up three mediocre 7-9 years that still leaves 7 years of our 0 for the decade playoff run unaccounted for.

Complaints about Jauron no matter how statistically well documented they are just are so much whining and bleating without at least a full recognition of the one item all these losing teams and situations share in common in terms of decision-making.

Let's face it.After Buffalo starts 1-3 Dick will be fired.Who knows if they will even beat Tampa Bay.

Bobby April will asume head coaching duties and we will be playing for the 1st or second pick in the draft.

Just cause you wish it doesn't make it true. He'll be here all season long, unless the team obviously quits on him. Which won't happen, they like him, and obviously won't happen after four games.

And actually, we could play pretty well and still be 1 - 3 against this schedule.

I do like Schottenheimer, though. If he's available after the season, I'd love to see them get him. Assuming that we don't have a good season and keep Jauron for another year, that is.

As I'm reading replies, I see 1-3, 0-3 and 1-2 starts.

Is it safe to assume most on this thread are predicting a 4-12 or worse 2009 season record?

The team is young with an unproven, talented O-line. They're not the 84-85 Bills for Christ' sake!

This team wins 6 to 9 games this year. There is talent here haters....

Its easier to hate, if your right you are a genius

If you are wrong, you ride it all the way.

Go Bills

If things don't start out well for the Bills in '09, then RW won't have to fire DJ. I believe Jauron will resign on his own.

I think we will fire DJ week 16, promote Bobby April to interim HC, then hire a random crappy HC doomed for failure, forget to rehire April as ST coach and watch helplessly as he signs with the pats/fins/jets.

April's next stop will be as a head coach. There is no way he signs here or elsewhere as ST co-ordinator & assistant coach again.

As I'm reading replies, I see 1-3, 0-3 and 1-2 starts.

Is it safe to assume most on this thread are predicting a 4-12 or worse 2009 season record?

The team is young with an unproven, talented O-line. They're not the 84-85 Bills for Christ' sake!

This team wins 6 to 9 games this year. There is talent here haters....

So lets assume that the talent is there. Lets assume this Oline can actually block for 16 games. Are you assuming we have the coaching staff to win that many games? That is the biggest assumption of all...

[/b]

So lets assume that the talent is there. Lets assume this Oline can actually block for 16 games. Are you assuming we have the coaching staff to win that many games? That is the biggest assumption of all...

The one thing that the coaching staff has proven time and time (and time again) is that they are quite capable of winning 7 games. If one starts out with an assumption that the big wildcards of overall talent and the OL in particular working out, then a prediction of another 7-9 season is not crazy at all.

I am not declaring that this will happen with drop dead certainty, but you set the parameters of assuming that key question marks are answered positively. With these assumption, there are few doubts based on previous experience that this coaching staff is quite capable of mediocre results.

I think this points to what I think is the real truth in all of this that the quality of the coaching staff Mr. Ralph has led us to is clearly mediocre on its best days. However, bad the coaching staff Mr. Ralph has hired is, they are a symptom rather than the cause of our problem.

All the diagnoses which lay out a case blaming Jauron are not inaccurate, they are simply misguided bleating and whining that fails to diagnosis the real cause of the Bills problems.

Mr. Ralph.